What's new

Strong Smelling Creams

Hey,

I have pretty constant allergies, so my sense of smell is always pretty damped. I just got my first DE today, but have been wet shaving with a cartridge razor for about a year now. I have been using AOS sandalwood shaving cream for a while. My complaint is that I can't really smell it at all when I put it on.

So, I am looking for suggestions of good shave creams that have a pretty strong smell. I would be open to a soap as well if someone has a good recommendation.

I am not too picky on what the smell is -- as long as I can smell it!

Looking forward to recommendations,
gnubbs

If you can't smell the AOS then you have strong allergies indeed, as that is one of the strongest sandalwood creams out there.

You might try:
Irisch Moos
Musgo Real
Trumper's Limes

But I'm guessing they may not be all that strong either, given your current scent-ability.

I have really strong Allergies too but I can still smell my AOS Sandalwood or Lavender and my TOBS Lemon/Lime.

I have some Solo Reg. and some Arko Citrus on the way but I hear those have much fainter scents so we'll see.

Here are ones I have found to be strongly-scented:

TOBS Mr. Taylor
TOBS Avocado
TOBS St. James
TOBS Eaton College
GFT Coconut
GFT Violet
Irisch Moos
Acqua di Parma
Penhaligon's Opus 1870
All Crabtree & Evelyn creams
Old Spice (made by Shulton)

TOBS Mr. Taylor
TOBS Avocado
TOBS St. James
TOBS Eaton College
GFT Coconut

I don't know about GFT Coconut being strongly scented.... at all. There is a faint coconut smell, but it is no way a strong scent IMHO :tongue:

From my experience, TOBS Avocado as well as Eton College are pretty strong scents, and I may have some more input in the near future.

I don't know about GFT Coconut being strongly scented.... at all. There is a faint coconut smell, but it is no way a strong scent IMHO :tongue:

YMMV, I guess. I haven't used GFT Coconut in a while, so that may be it. I'll have to see later on.

I have little experience with many of the shave creams listed. However I do have the C&E Sienna shave cream that seems to me to be a strong smell. I do like it.

Wow... That is almost too many suggestions...

If I shove my nose into my tub of AOS I can smell it clearly, but by the time I convert that to lather and get it on my face I can't smell it at all. My nose pretty much sucks.

I will have to pick one of the ones recommended and give it a shot. Thanks for the info!

Wow... That is almost too many suggestions...

If I shove my nose into my tub of AOS I can smell it clearly, but by the time I convert that to lather and get it on my face I can't smell it at all. My nose pretty much sucks.

I will have to pick one of the ones recommended and give it a shot. Thanks for the info!

Maybe you should try a mentholated cream. It might act like Vicks and clear your nose.

From my experience, TOBS Avocado as well as Eton College are pretty strong scents, and I may have some more input in the near future.

See I would say the opposite. GFT Coconut is pleasantly strong and lasts through the shave for me, but TOBS Avocado just smells like...well, like water somehow.

TOBS Mr. Taylor
TOBS Avocado
TOBS St. James
TOBS Eaton College
GFT Coconut
GFT Violet
Irisch Moos
Acqua di Parma
Penhaligon's Opus 1870
All Crabtree & Evelyn creams
Old Spice (made by Shulton)

T&H Grafton, Trafalgar, 1805, West Indian Limes.

I, too, don't think the Trumper Coconut is very strongly scented.

I found the GFT Coconut to be very stronly scented. One of the strongest creams I've tried. I used the tube, if that's the difference.

I also find TOBS rose to be strong, in a very, very good way.

+1 on the Pen's Opus 1870. Pen's Endymion is also very strong and enjoyable.

If you want strong scented soaps, I would try QED. I found the pine and cedarwood to be the strongest smelling soap I've tried.

I also have allergies and a weak sense of smell. I'd like to suggest Vulfix Persian Musk. Nice strong scent and makes a nice slick lather too.
I've not yet tried the other Vulfix creams (lavender or sandalwood)

Top Bottom