What's new

Shampoo

I like to shave before I shower because when I shower it stops any weepers or bleeding I may have. Therefore I soak and wash my face in the sink before shaving. I have found that if I use shampoo to wash my face it seems to help toward a better shave. Has anyone else experienced this? My theory is that it removes the oils on the face and in the whisker and this lets the water and lather to penetrate and soften.

Last edited:
I've never used shampoo, but I have put conditioner on my beard and let is set while I showered. I'm not 100% sure if it made a difference or not since I seemed to have a case of the "mondays" when it came to making lather :mad:

I have found Ivory soap works well, and for the same reason, probably: it really cuts through the oils and, like shampoo, allows the water to penetrate the hair follicles and get them soggy and ready for a shave.

However, I would not recommend Ivory (or shampoo) on any part of your face that is not your beard!

Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser will do the same thing ... removing the oils and exposing your beard to soak up the lather.

But keep in mind, this product will dry out your skin something fierce ... follow it up with a moisturizing soap (Cetaphil makes a good one) or a lather that will.

Or, you can choose a product that specifies itself as NON-COMEDOGENIC, i.e. it does not clog the pores. Here again, Cetaphil is a good choice.

Top Bottom