What's new

Help needed please

I received a Merkur 38c only yesterday and have used it only once. When i picked it up today 24hrs later i have noticed that the blade guides have turned black on one side as if they have been oxidised. I have attempted to remove this using toothpaste and then tried the aluminium foil baking soda in boiling water. Neither have worked. Anybody got any ideas as i only want to send it back as a last resort.

I find it very odd that this could have happend. It sounds like there is a flaw of some sort with the plating. Have you contacted the vendor?

I find it very odd that this could have happend. It sounds like there is a flaw of some sort with the plating. Have you contacted the vendor?

+ 1 If your vendor can't help, contact Merkur and they will take care of the issue. I just had an issue with my Futur and Merkur was very quick to respond and send me a new part. I have and email address if you need it. Let me know and I will pass it along to you.

Send it back. a brand new razor should not do that. Sounds like a bad plate job, unless you are using blades made from depleted Uranium.

+ 1 If your vendor can't help, contact Merkur and they will take care of the issue. I just had an issue with my Futur and Merkur was very quick to respond and send me a new part. I have and email address if you need it. Let me know and I will pass it along to you.

Many thanks please can you post it on the board or send me a pm.

Top Bottom