What's new

ebay feedback feedback

Hi guys.

I'm still relatively new to the bay. So far, I've gotten all the merchandise I've paid for, but I've run into an annoying situation.

I won three auctions for some C&S. A 200ml 88 and a 100ml Cuba from one seller and a 100ml Neroli from another.
What triggered my 6th sense was when the Cuba and Neroli arrived in one padded envelope, and the 88 in another.
So I'm pretty sure that I'm dealing with the same seller under different aliases. I'm also sure that I've stumbled upon the same person under a third alias.

I don't really care about the aliases, but what I'm a bit miffed about is that I paid shipping twice, and I also think the shipping was quite steep (about twice the amount on the stamps).
So what do the experienced ebayers think I should do?

Did you ask him to combine shipping, thats what I always do and they do it every time so far. Not with this seller but other ones I have won items from.

I may not have been precise in my first post, so I think you missed my point.
Since he used two different aliases for selling, I didn't know it was the same person. And he did combine shipping, but for two items that I bought from two different sellers, which is how I figured that it was the same person.

So any ideas on what I should do? Contact the seller? Use my feedback options?

The fact that the seller uses more than one account lights my scam-alert, but I did receive my colognes, so maybe not?

lots of people use padded envelopes - you dont know that its the same guy. he didnt muck you around in any way. leave nice feedback.

If he charged you seperate shipping and then combined without asking you he MAY be in breach of ebay rules. First check the tem listings and read the shipping conditions carefully before you go anywhere with it.

But based on what you have already posted I think that you are probably entitled to a partial shipping refund, combined shipping would have been cheaper and since he charged you for seperate shipping you were over charged.

lots of people use padded envelopes - you dont know that its the same guy. he didnt muck you around in any way. leave nice feedback.

Yes, I know it's the same guy, since he combined the wrong items.

Bought from seller one: 88, Cuba
Bought from seller two: Neroli

Arrived by mail in one envelope: Cuba, Neroli
Arrived by mail in another envelope: 88

Send the seller an email and state your case clearly and ask if he is indeed using multiple id's. I have found that, as with most things, some communication will go a long way toward taking care of the issues.

The guy is clearly a smart-a__, but not a very bright one.

I would also be annoyed. But technically you agreed to pay 2 shipping, and that's you got.

You have 2 options:

Let it be, or
Mail him, stating what you have told us and that you feel entitled for a refund. If it doesn’t agree, leave a bad feedback.

The fact that he's selling under multiple ID's has to be against the eBay rules. This should probably be reported to eBay's safe harbor system.

It strikes me that you're looking for a reason to leave negative feedback. If you received the items that you won, in good order and in a timely manner, it really shouldn't matter to you if the seller has one, twelve or twenty seller accounts. If the auction terms were clearly defined and you bid you don't appear to have a valid complaint. If you're miffed, for whatever the reason, just don't bother to leave feedback at all.

Send the seller an email and state your case clearly and ask if he is indeed using multiple id's. I have found that, as with most things, some communication will go a long way toward taking care of the issues.

The fact that he's selling under multiple ID's has to be against the eBay rules. This should probably be reported to eBay's safe harbor system.

I would agree with both the above statements.

It strikes me that you're looking for a reason to leave negative feedback.

Not at all!
I'm just trying to figure out, what "best practice" is. As I said, I could have gotten lower shipping if I had known that the seller was the same person (I checked beforehand, and the seller offered combined shipping on the two products that I won from the same account). That's what leaves me a bit miffed, but I'll surely get over it.
I guess the real reason I'm posting here is that the multiple accounts really leaves me with a scammer-impression. There may be valid reasons for it, I just don't see any other reason than trying to fool the feedback-system. To me, it's pretty clear that the seller has gone out of his/her way to avoid being identified as the same person, since all three auctions were won on the same date, but were shipped days apart, and the name on the return address was "S. L." on one envelope and "L.S." on the other.

Really, leaving negative feedback will not reward me in any other way other than helping future buyers steer clear, so I have nearly zero incentive to do that.

I just thought that I would have found some more experienced ebayers in here, who could tell me either that I shouldn't worry, or that I was right, this is weird.

I have never been or Ebay but my wife does from time to time. She told me that many of the sellers inflate the cost of shipping to make an extra buck.

From Ebay:

Members can’t misrepresent themselves as other eBay members or eBay employees.
While members can have multiple user IDs, those user IDs can’t interact with one another. For example, members can’t bid on their own auctions or leave comments on their own Feedback Profile.
Members can’t falsify or omit contact information.
Members must always have a valid, working email address associated with their account.
Members must be 18 years of age or older

While members can have multiple user IDs, those user IDs can’t interact with one another. For example, members can’t bid on their own auctions or leave comments on their own Feedback Profile.

In this case I'd see nothing wrong with emailing the seller to simply state that the two seller accounts issue rubbed you the wrong way because of the added postage involved (albeit postage that you readily agreed to pay), inquiring as to the need for such obfuscation. The seller's response to this message would then dictate my star rating on postage costs. I'd rate all of the other categories at full stars.

I don't think he did anything technically wrong, tho he did show a lack of class by not offering to combine shipping.

If you can do without feedback from him, my response would be to not leave any feedback. If you do have to, you have the option in feedback of rating the seller's shipping, communication, etc with 1-4 stars. He will not see this. Zero stars should cover it.

I think the problem is mostly about him shipping the wrong items together, and through that having his accounts interact with eachother, which is against eBay policies. Otherwise, there would be no problem at all as was already stated, you agreed to pay the shipping from two seperate user ID's. There really is nothing to be done about it, although the member was obviously being fishy.

If I were you, I would simply leave a postive feedback and leave a note stating quite honestly what happened with the multiple accounts.

It strikes me that you're looking for a reason to leave negative feedback. If you received the items that you won, in good order and in a timely manner, it really shouldn't matter to you if the seller has one, twelve or twenty seller accounts. If the auction terms were clearly defined and you bid you don't appear to have a valid complaint. If you're miffed, for whatever the reason, just don't bother to leave feedback at all.

I agree with this. It really doesn't sound like this was a bad transaction. He might be using different names, but he didn't rip you off. I guess you could ask for a small shipping refund if you really want to, but personally I'd just shrug and move on.

Top Bottom