What's new

some advice

Well I want to grow some sideburns sinc eI have ones that only go about half way down my ear. I've been growing for a week but they don't match the ones I have. I want to link them together. No shaving is killing me. Can I just shave around it? Like the neck and such. Or should I wait until they match. Also is there anyway that I can thin out my existing sideburns so they meet faster?

Well I want to grow some sideburns sinc eI have ones that only go about half way down my ear. I've been growing for a week but they don't match the ones I have. I want to link them together. No shaving is killing me. Can I just shave around it? Like the neck and such. Or should I wait until they match. Also is there anyway that I can thin out my existing sideburns so they meet faster?

A good electric clipper will help you thin out your existing sideburns to better match the ones you're trying to grow. Or you can use shears, provided you have a steady hand and a good eye. I'm not sure what you mean by "shave around it." You don't shave where you want the sideburns to grow, and you shave everywhere else. You don't have to let your whole face go unshaven.

A good electric clipper will help you thin out your existing sideburns to better match the ones you're trying to grow. Or you can use shears, provided you have a steady hand and a good eye. I'm not sure what you mean by "shave around it." You don't shave where you want the sideburns to grow, and you shave everywhere else. You don't have to let your whole face go unshaven.

Alright thanks. By that I meant to shave in the outline of the sideburns and and as it grows shave the stubble that comes.

Alright thanks. By that I meant to shave in the outline of the sideburns and and as it grows shave the stubble that comes.

That's what I would recommend, unless you're just really embarrassed to have the pattern of latent sideburns on your face before they come to fruition. But like I said, a clipper can help blend them so that isn't such an issue. If you have a full week's worth of growth on your face, you've got a fair bit to work with already.

Just let them grow and shave around them. It might take a week, it might take a month ... but you'll know when its time to trim them.

A good set of electric clippers will work fast and easy. The plug-in kind usually work better than a battery-powerd or rechargeable model. The blade-guard makes the job fairly fool-proof, and you can take off the guard and use the bare blades to square it off at the bottom.

Just use a comb to straighten them out, and run the clippers ATG, from bottom to top. Use a flipping motion as you get near the top so you don't get too close to your regular head-hair, and just trim the sideburns by themselves.

I don't have them now, but I wore sideburns for years. I just let them grow in, when I shaved I'd just leave a little more on the bottom until I had them where I wanted them. I'd get a slight gap where my hair stopped and my whiskers started, so I just leave my hair a bit longer to cover the slight space. :tongue: :001_rolle

Regards,

Paul

I don't have them now, but I wore sideburns for years. I just let them grow in, when I shaved I'd just leave a little more on the bottom until I had them where I wanted them. I'd get a slight gap where my hair stopped and my whiskers started, so I just leave my hair a bit longer to cover the slight space. :tongue: :001_rolle

Regards,

Paul

I have a similar situation. On my left side it is a little thin. My right side blends nice though

Well guys I am pretty proud of myself. I just got it done and it looks pretty good actually. Got the trimmers and Just kept reducing in size till the were about even. It blended pretty descent actually. Thanks for the advice. I guess now I can just shave them at the length I want and it will look better than before.

Excellent! Glad it worked out for you. Just out of curiosity, what kind of sideburns are we talking? Fat Elvis? Joe Cocker at Woodstock?

proxy.php

proxy.php

Might as well go as Retro-Vintage-Old School as possible, and pay homage to Gen. Ambrose Burnside, after whom the facial affectation is named.

proxy.php

Might as well go as Retro-Vintage-Old School as possible, and pay homage to Gen. Ambrose Burnside, after whom the facial affectation is named.

proxy.php

I would definitely go for this, but I'm sure it would take a LONG time to grow that and I need to shave soon! I really do like Ambrose's burns. I have to agree with everyone else on the whole elvis thing. I will never forget that!

Top Bottom