• Sensor

• Atra

• Trac II

• Sensor 3

• Mach 3

• Fusion

• Quattro

Results are only viewable after voting.
I checked it out on the KOS website. Evidently it's a Quattro clone of sorts, but with a bendy handle.

So it bends instead of pivoting. How groundbreaking! :rolleyes:

I guess I shouldn't knock it too much though. KOS does put out some relatively decent shaving products that are readily available to the masses. Even if they're marketing a multi-blade monster, they deserve a little credit for helping the masses to some extent with their gels and such.

I guess I shouldn't knock it too much though. KOS does put out some relatively decent shaving products that are readily available to the masses. Even if they're marketing a multi-blade monster, they deserve a little credit for helping the masses to some extent with their gels and such.

Yeah, but where's the fun in being magnanimous?

I honestly don't know.

I remember as a kid my dad shaved with a Gilette Sensor, then the Mach III came out and he talked about what an absolutely amazing shave it provided, and now he's using the Fusion and is convinced that it is even better and is so great because he gets a months worth of shaves out of each cartridge.

For me, I've used those three multiblade cartridges, I can't find any difference whatsoevre in terms of one being better than the other, they all either leave me with a mediocre shave if I stick with the grain everywhere, and if I try to go against the grain, a mess of bleeding ripped hairs.

And Gillette actively says that the Fusion razor cost $680 million in R&D to develop. It's just a cruel exploitation of how willing most people are to take a completely uncritical view of the world. It's a virtue to be a sucker.

I really don't think any of these multi-blade razors can really be objectively better than another, they're all just the same pivoting kind of design with a different number of blades. Probably the fewer the better since with a Fusion it's like doing a five pass shave in terms of scraping across the skin with every pass you do.

I really don't think any of these multi-blade razors can really be objectively better than another, they're all just the same pivoting kind of design with a different number of blades. Probably the fewer the better since with a Fusion it's like doing a five pass shave in terms of scraping across the skin with every pass you do.

I don't want to start an argument over this but I do disagree. I never tried a traditional Sensor, Sensor Excel, or Atra. But I recently bought some disposable Sensor 3 razor's and they gave me the smoothest irritation free shave I have ever had. In 2 passes with some touch ups I can get a true BBS shave.

This poll is meant for the guy who sometimes does not have the time for a DE shave as they take longer. I have to getup each morning at 4:30am to get ready for work. That leaves me 1 hour before I have to leave for work. The convenience, quickness, a simplicity of a cartridge razor can't be beat for me. I still do a DE shave on the weekends were I ahve more time to enjoy it.

Hopefully this poll will help others that are in the same predicament as I am.

I don't want to start an argument over this but I do disagree. I never tried a traditional Sensor, Sensor Excel, or Atra. But I recently bought some disposable Sensor 3 razor's and they gave me the smoothest irritation free shave I have ever had.

Eric, if you disagree with what Toucanlamp said, I take it you've compared the Sensor3 to either a Mach3 or a Fusion and found the Sensor3 works better for you, yes?

An Injector shaves as quickly,and closer than any cartridge razor:confused:That must mean all cartridge razors don't make the cut,so to speak:wink:

I don't want to start an argument over this but I do disagree. I never tried a traditional Sensor, Sensor Excel, or Atra. But I recently bought some disposable Sensor 3 razor's and they gave me the smoothest irritation free shave I have ever had. In 2 passes with some touch ups I can get a true BBS shave.

This poll is meant for the guy who sometimes does not have the time for a DE shave as they take longer. I have to getup each morning at 4:30am to get ready for work. That leaves me 1 hour before I have to leave for work. The convenience, quickness, a simplicity of a cartridge razor can't be beat for me. I still do a DE shave on the weekends were I ahve more time to enjoy it.

Hopefully this poll will help others that are in the same predicament as I am.

Your choice is fine. I just want to state that I can shave just as fast, if not faster with a DE then a cartridge razor.

And when I use to not shave quite as fast, I would shave at night, and still smooth in the morning and throughout the day.

Although for my hard course beard, that is super dense with hair all over my face, I never found a good shave with a cartridge razor. And even worse shaves from disposables.

If something works for you, then who cares what others think.

I had a hard time not voting for the Trac II just on sentimental grounds -- it was the only thing I shave with for the first 30+ years of my shaving life. I went direct to M3 from there, and did notice an improvement. I never used any of the other pivoting head razors. Either one can give you a wonderful shave with proper prep and technique, and with a lot less aggravation than DE (assuming, like me, you do not get irritation from a multiblade cartridge). On the other hand, although it takes quite a bit of extra effort, I begrudgingly acknowledge that you can get the best shave overall with a DE.

Last edited:
No fair, you only listed Gillette branded products. When I use a cartridge I reach for:
proxy.php

Each blade is a slightly different angle. The SUBZero carts are good.

One thing I have noticed with ALL cartridge blades is that the plastic end-caps always stick out slightly more than the blade edge. Perhaps this is why you have to apply extra pressure on them in order for the blade edge to make contact with the skin.

For my head, it's the Fusion, hands-down. It has been quite a long while since I used a Sensor Excel. I'll have to pick one up and try it with proper prep.

For my head, it's the Fusion, hands-down. It has been quite a long while since I used a Sensor Excel. I'll have to pick one up and try it with proper prep.

I think the Sensor Excel is a much better razor than the Fusion. Give it a try and see what you think.

I think the Sensor Excel is a much better razor than the Fusion. Give it a try and see what you think.

Ditto. My take on the matter is that Gillette hasn't really come up with anything new since the Sensor Excel. Everything that is featured in the M3 and Fusion already existed in the Excel: floating blades, pivoting head, fins, lube strip, etc. With the M3, they added another blade and changed the pivot point. With the Fusion, they added two more blades, made them smaller so they'd fit, and increased the area of the fins. (I don't count the single blade on the back, because that doesn't affect the shave, and is only there because the darn head is so big you can't reach tight places with it.) But there is nothing in them that is actually new. I think this is why a lot of people seem to think multiblades reached a peak with a Sensor or Excel. That isn't to say you can't like the M3 - Neil certainly does, and I get a good shave with it, too - or a Fusion. But I find an Excel gives me every bit as good a shave as a M3 does with fewer blades, less expense, and a more easily maneuverable head. As for a Fusion, no thanks. I find it harsh, and it gives me ingrowns.

Schick Quattro is the only one I've used. haven't touched it other than to move it here and there in 6 months though.

Top Bottom