What's new

What's the Best Multi-Blade Razor?

I've been only wet shaving for roughly over a month. And I have not totally given up multi-blade razor's. I have to get up each morning at 4:30am so the convenience and quickness of a multi-blade can't be beat. I still use a DE on weekends and days when I have more time.

My question is, What is the best multi-blade razor, M3, Fusion, Sensor, Trac II, Quattro, etc.?

I've used an M3, Fusion, a disposable Sensor3, and a Quattro. The best of these so far is the disposable Sensor3. I shaved with it today and got a BBS with no problems.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
In my opinion, anything more than two blades is severe overkill. It provides no benefit, and usually leads to additional irritation.

That being said, I have gotten near equal results with the Sensor Excel, Atra, and Trac II.

I would rank the Sensor a slight notch above the other two. In terms of price though, it is the only one that doesn't have low cost high quality generic cartridges. You would therefore need to buy the Gillette branded cartridges.

If you are ok with the higher cost, choose the Sensor, if not choose the Atra, or Trac II, as they both have the Personna branded cartridges available.

Since the Trac II does not pivot, it is closest to the shave you would receive with a DE.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Mach 3. I use one for certain areas on my neck I cannot get a good shave with my DE without butchering my neck...

Sensor guy here. I think my best, most comfortable shaves have been with the Sensor. I enjoy the DE now but would have no problem going back to the Sensor.

For pure cost effectiveness I would get a Bump Fighter razor and load it with Personna Twin II blades. Total cost would be about $7 for the razor and ten cartridges. It's an excellent shave and currently my travel set-up.

As long as you don't venture into "Fusion-World", there is nothing wrong with a cartridge razor. The Fusion is just too much for any face to take..Again YMMV...

Marty E.

I would recommend using a Tech for quick shaves. It is a mild razor, and I can get a fast shave with it. Otherwise, a Mach3 or Trac2.

Sensor is much better imho than the mach 3 or the quatro. Quatro is the worst.

My only complaint is the price of the Sensor blades are still really high.

I think multi-blade technology & comfort peaked with the Sensor. Everything since (Mach 3, Fusion, etc.) have been just marketing hype!

Agreed, and I think that someone was selling a NOS Atra and 10 blades for $10 on the BST. I don't think anyone has bought it yet, but I haven't checked today.

I still use a Mach 3 strictly for travel, since most of my business trips are by air and I try to avoid checking a bag.

+1 on the Sensor. It's still my travel choice and I got four very nice shaves from one cartridge last week during my vacation. That plus a 3 oz. travel tube filled with KMF and I'm golden.

Look out Jim you're dating yourself:biggrin:. I'm not too far behind, I still prefer my metal handled atra. I started with a trac-II, My mom threw out my dad's flare tip superspeed after he died because she thought I might cut my throat with it. That was 1980 and I was fifteen. Sure wish that I had that flare tip.

Clayton

I've been only wet shaving for roughly over a month. And I have not totally given up multi-blade razor's. I have to get up each morning at 4:30am so the convenience and quickness of a multi-blade can't be beat. I still use a DE on weekends and days when I have more time.

My question is, What is the best multi-blade razor, M3, Fusion, Sensor, Trac II, Quattro, etc.?

I've used an M3, Fusion, a disposable Sensor3, and a Quattro. The best of these so far is the disposable Sensor3. I shaved with it today and got a BBS with no problems.

What are your thoughts?

How come you made two threads for the same subject under General Shaving Discussion?

Honestly it was a mistake on my part. When I first posted this I totally forgot about the poll feature and then tried to add it to this one but I could not figure out how. So thats why I posted the poll.

Top Bottom