What's new

Get Ready for a Flood of Psychos

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
You just need 9 more Psychos Thomas, jeez, if you want I'll PIF you some:lol:

Wow Sluggo, that final price strikes me as a pretty good deal! I wonder if the buyer isn't going to keep the whole package for themselves?

I'm not sure I follow correctly. What makes a prison razor any different from the other gillettes? And why couldn't you sell them individually?

I'm not sure I follow correctly. What makes a prison razor any different from the other gillettes? And why couldn't you sell them individually?

"psychos" were used in jails and mental hospitals. they require a key (presumably held by a guard) in order to open the head to change the blade. One key w/ ten razors = 1 razor that works if they break up the set.

Yep, I saw this too, but the one key issue was problematic and I did not want 10 razors. So I held back. Hey, how about forming a Psycho club on the B&B and have a continuously PIF'ing razor key?? Naw, you are right, that is too crazy an idea!:tongue:

That might be the most interesting razor item I've seen! I wonder how hard it would be for a machinist to duplicate the key.

Probably not very. From the few that I've seen(keys in antique stores by themselves), it looks like a very simple version of a vending machine key, if you've ever seen one of those.

Probably not very. From the few that I've seen(keys in antique stores by themselves), it looks like a very simple version of a vending machine key, if you've ever seen one of those.

Just looked at my set, the mechanism is buried inside the handle - makes it hard to reach if you don't have the original key. I think it was not necessarily for psychiatric wards, but for prisons in general.

Last edited:
Incredible. I can't believe it went that cheap. I have seen single razors with key sell for twice that. This is a complete set. If I thought I had a chance I would have bid on that! Someone stole that set.

Incredible. I can't believe it went that cheap. I have seen single razors with key sell for twice that. This is a complete set. If I thought I had a chance I would have bid on that! Someone stole that set.

Yup, Robb. I had no desire for the set but I thought it should have went for much more than that.

Last edited:
What an interesting piece of history. I often wondered how prisoners shaved before the invention of cartridge and disposable razors. Now I know:001_smile

Pete

Just looked at my set, the mechanism is buried inside the handle - makes it hard to reach if you don't have the original key. I think it was not necessarily for psychiatric wards, but for prisons in general.

That would be problematic if it's one key only fits one set rather than a generic key like I originally thought.
Disclaimer: I've never seen a set, only the keys by themselves.

Last edited:
Top Bottom