What's new

What fragrance would Magnum P.I. wear?

Just the thought of "drenched in Polo" makes me want to hurl. When I think of fragrance disaster tales, Polo and Brut really stand out. If you've ever worked with individuals who purchase cologne to cover their BO, you can relate.

Not so sure about AS/EDT/EDC but I know that he would use this deodorant.

proxy.php

Ah.... as a young man who actually watched this in prime time,
I think many of the fine points of this production have been lost, Magnum was a lovable leach whom would not even pay his bar bill unless pinned down,many a time he ducked out the back door.

It would stand to reason that being under the same roof as Jonathan Quayle Higgins III, titled as the Baron of Perth,who would have at least some form of high end Jermyn street products to pilfer from.

We could speculate on Master Robins stash of high end toiletries? JHL perhaps or a custom fragrance from one of the French houses ahhh... the life of a billionaire.:001_smile

Ah.... as a young man who actually watched this in prime time,
I think many of the fine points of this production have been lost, Magnum was a lovable leach whom would not even pay his bar bill unless pinned down,many a time he ducked out the back door.

Hey! I gotta defend TM here a bit. He intends to pay, but is always short of cash since his PI jobs seem to cost him more in expenses than he gets paid -- if he even does get paid, given all the free jobs he did. He worked for love OR money and that is not how to get rich!

I'm not sure how much his job as "head of security" and general gofer at the estate paid but I got the impression a good amount of that was room and board and use of the Ferrari, with a minimum of actual money involved.

Or maybe he just has me charmed. :001_smile

Interestingly, I asked on Basenotes if there were any particular fragrances I should watch for during a recent trip to Hawaii. The response, from a Hawaiian, was that they don't really use that much because of the natural fragrances there. Hawaii - I guess not called The Fragrant Isles for nothing!

Old Spice, Clubman........something along those lines. Whatever it was, it probably wasn't PINK and it probably was available locally------not something he had to buy "online"!

I dont know why...but the first thing that came to mind was Polo...pure, simple and heavily sprayed on polo...and yes, I watched the show as a kid!

Oh man please don't turn this site into basenotes where it is an endless list of threads like "What's the best fragrance to wear to your cousin who died in a car accident's funeral?" "What fragrance would Che Guervera wear?" "Which fragrance to wear on a Boeing 757 from Chicago to Dallas??"

Oh man please don't turn this site into basenotes where it is an endless list of threads like "What's the best fragrance to wear to your cousin who died in a car accident's funeral?" "What fragrance would Che Guervera wear?" "Which fragrance to wear on a Boeing 757 from Chicago to Dallas??"

1) Grey Flannel
2) Body Odor
3) Chaps

Please. Too simple. The answer to each of those is, of course, Lilac Vegetal. Let's have some hard ones.

BINGO!! There's just something about the combination of Hawaiian shirts, 80's uber-machisimo culture, and copious quantities of bushy chest hair on heavily moustachio'd men that screams Bay Rum to me.... No offense to any Bay Rummers in the audience, naturally :p

Top Bottom