What's new

Paul Mitchell's Tea Tree

Anyone ever tried Paul Mitchell's tea trea shampoo and conditioner. I've used and i like it. It gives you a tingling refreshing feeling. What has your guys experience been?

I would also like to try something new and better, in terms of giving your hair volume and shine. Any suggestions are welcome.

I recently switched to this set, and I love it. I hope this isn't TMI, but I had been having some issues with my scalp getting a little smelly by the end of the day, even when I thoroughly shampooed it in the morning. After some searching online, most people with the same problem were recommending Neutrogena T-Gel, but all the reviews say it smells like crap.

I like my showers to be enjoyably fragrant experiences, and would prefer that I don't have to smell coal tar. Then I ran across the Paul Mitchell Tea Tree line. I saw it was recommended for dandruff and a few other miscellaneous scalp conditions, and being familiar with the benefits of tea tree oil, I decided it couldn't hurt to try for my condition. Sure enough, wonderful tea-tree smell, tingly scalp sensation, and no more funk at the end of the day.

I tried this stuff and liked it alot for the first two weeks or so. Then all of a sudden I found my hair to be extremely dried out. I have oily hair and I needed three alberto VO5 hot oil treatments to return my hair to normal.

I also use the Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Shampoo, but I don't use it everyday. It is kind of expensive so I use Aussie Mega Shampoo most days. However, I love the 'tea tree' smell and the tingly feel on the scalp.

I also use the Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Hair & Body Moisturizer as an after shave balm...just one drop mixed with a couple of sprays of Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel. This is one of my favorite ASB's. The barber that sold it to me told me about it being a great ASB.

The Tea Tree shampoo and conditioner has been my default for over a year. I used to get dry and flaky in the the winter but someone recommended the tea tree shampoo to me last winter and I haven't had a flake since.

And besides that, it feels and smells great. It is relatively expensive, but I found an extra large shampoo/conditioner combo pack at sams club or costco or somewhere for a great price which I use to refill smaller bottles.

I used it for a couple of weeks before I noticed that it burnt the hell out of my scalp. It was extremely red and irritated. I liked the tingle, guess I can only use it once in a blue moon.

"I would also like to try something new and better, in terms of giving your hair volume and shine. Any suggestions are welcome."

Consider trying the Nancy Boy shampoo. The bath soap bars are also very good and so is the shave cream and aftershave gel.

JimT

"I would also like to try something new and better, in terms of giving your hair volume and shine. Any suggestions are welcome."

Consider trying the Nancy Boy shampoo. The bath soap bars are also very good and so is the shave cream and aftershave gel.

JimT

The Nancy Boy shampoo and conditioner are excellent and well worth the consideration.

Another vote for Nancy Boy here. I used to use Avalon Organics Tea Tree Mint and it worked well for a while and then began to dry out my hair and scalp, just as was mentioned in this thread about the Paul Mitchell Tea Tree; maybe tea tree shampoos just aren't good for most people on a daily basis.

I use the Tea Tree Conditioner in the winter, when my scalp tends to dry out quite a bit. Eliminates the itchy dry flaky scalp.

I just got the shampoo and conditioner today after my haircut, smells like Andes Mint! The haircut lady was saying something about a tingling feeling, I must be a neanderthal cause I felt nothing. But it smells really nice, and my hair feels more moisturized than normal.

I'm a very big fan of Paul Mitchells Tea Tree shampoo. I've used it for about three years now and now problems. Love the scent, tingling, and I use it everyday.

Top Bottom