What's new

When is it time to change the soap?

Hi,

I'm new to this and just wondered what most of you do when you are getting to the end of a puck of soap?

I'm attaching a pic of mine.

I figure I'll keep using it until it is gone. Or should I drop in a new puck and put this one on top?

As you can see it is getting close to being gone.

Just wondered what most of you did.

Thanks!

You have to get the last bit of lather out of that puck before you can start a new one. It is a rule, I think.

or you can use the sourdough theory and just add the new to the old- that way the puck is never really gone.:001_smile

I've finished a couple of pucks. I used both until there were just fine slivers of soap in my brush along with the lather 'cause I was trying out different soaps.

I think when I find MY soap, I'll put the new puck in before the old one is gone.
Kinda like eatin' dessert with mashed potatoes on my plate - don't worry, I'll come back to 'em.

With melt-and-pour soaps, just drop another puck in on top and nuke for a few seconds at a time until they melt together...

I have a bowl of bay rum VDH created by just that method...:smile:

With melt-and-pour soaps, just drop another puck in on top and nuke for a few seconds at a time until they melt together...

I have a bowl of bay rum VDH created by just that method...:smile:

That's funny, I have a VDH/almond blend. Conk's almond was just a bit too strong for my tastes.

I'm rotating so many right now it feels like an accomplishment when I hit the bottom of one. But I pretty much go till they don't make anymore lather.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
If your new to this, joined the board in Jul 2009, and have 9 posts, how did you get to the bottom of a puck so quickly?

If your new to this, joined the board in Jul 2009, and have 9 posts, how did you get to the bottom of a puck so quickly?

I was lurking for a while, just posted last night.

I've used it almost every day and I would say it lasted me 4-6 weeks. I really don't remember now, may have been a little longer.

How long does an average puck of soap last?

Top Bottom