What's new

Do you ever feel guilty?

I've given up trying to 'convert' friends and family to the pleasures of DE shaving.
My uncle received a GFT gift set (Brush, soap, etc) from my cousin last Christmas and he went out and bought a Fusion razor. He is still using the same cartridge 7 months later.:confused: It can't be giving him a good shave but each to their own I guess.:rolleyes:

Pete

I don't feel guilty because I exercise and take care of myself while many others let themselves go and do nothing. Shaving properly is be no different. The knowledge is out there for the taking.

Same here. I remember even as a young teen, that my friends sympathetically gazed upon my hand-me-down razor (I was using my grandfather's 20 year old Gillette) and felt bad for me that I couldn't "afford" a disposable. I looked upon their God awful shaves and never looked back.
I dont. I feel smug and superior :biggrin:

I dont. I feel smug and superior :biggrin:

This right here!

I feel
like I know something that others don't, and when I turn my head and get a whiff of the wonderful fragrance, just for a minute I feel like I'm in the 1930's, I get a goofy grin and I'm a million miles away.

I don't. I've never flown in a plane or gone on a vacation..... so I'm sure I'm missing out on other things in life that others take for granted and feel no remorse over. I've also never eaten caviar or driven a Corvette. Now that I think about it.... I'm starting to feel downright resentful!!!

Ben

mswofford

Rest in Peace
When you try to convert someone to wet shaving, just make sure you don't still have those red-dotted bits of toilet paper still on your face!:thumbdown

Guilty? No. I did the research and took the time to learn to shave with a DE. It's up to others if they want to do the same.

At first I did until I found out that most of the young sheeptards think that NEW is better than old and will not ever consider going back to DE shaving much less straight razor shaving. If that is their thinking, they made their bed and now they gotta sleep in it even though that bed is filled with fresh horse apples. So I do not feel guilty.

I don't feel guilty, mostly angry that it took so long to understand that DE was better than cartridge and electric razors. I used cartridge most of my life, tried one electric razor (~$120) which I used for a total of 2 weeks than got tired of looking like I did not even shave in the morning, so I went back to cartridge until I tried DE.

So feeling guilty; No.

No one ever tried to show me differently and I only found out about 1 month ago that my brother was using straight edge razor for the last +4 years. Not that I am ready to go the straight edge razor route....

I have mentioned it to a couple of people, one told me he tried it when he was younger and does not want to go back (he was shocked that the e-bay prices for Gillette safety razors), another said he would consider it once all his cartridges would be used up, and last looked at me and also slapped himself for not thinking about going back to "old school" wet shaving.

My understanding is that cartridge companies have made it their business to sell the cartridge and ignore the DE or straight razor market in North America. If it is not readily available in local stores, then people are going to ignore it. People are also mostly lazy and don't want to do wet shaving, 2 or 3 passes, or hone a blade just to shave. You just have to look at the restaurant industry to understand that people do not like to spend time on making food, image if you told someone it would take an extra 5-10 minutes to shave in the morning....

Do you every feel guilty that you can get such heavenly shaves? Sometimes I do. The general sheeptard public will never be able to experience this. This causes the guilty feeling although there is nothing I can do about it. I guess just keep it to myself or the sheeptards may look at me funny.:biggrin:

Well, you could wear a T-shirt advertising the fact.

But keep in mind what matters to people varies. Just because you enjoy this aspect so much does not mean it will matter that much to others. Some people enjoy good cars and an engaging driving experience; others simply do not care for that.

Top Bottom