What's new

First TOBS Shave

I received my sampler pack of TOBS SC from Shaving Essentials. I tried the Avocado that everyone raves about. My first impression......wow does that stuff lather. It exploded when I mixed some water with it. Next thing was the scent.....it was interesting. I neither hated it nor loved it. The shave was decent. I haven't quite mastered the DE Shave. Tomorrow I'll break out the Mach 3 and see if I can get a BBS shave with it.

I dont know about BBS with a Mach3... maybe with irritation:rolleyes: BUT you do have some top knotch shave cream there. Love the TOBS avacado. Stick with the DE. Once you perfect your technique, you wont be using that Mach3 anymore. Trust me :wink:

I dont know about BBS with a Mach3... maybe with irritation:rolleyes: BUT you do have some top knotch shave cream there. Love the TOBS avacado. Stick with the DE. Once you perfect your technique, you wont be using that Mach3 anymore. Trust me :wink:
Use any multiblade razor with a quality cream like TOBS, and BBS without irritation is certainly possible.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
TOBS is great stuff... I do not like avocado, I prefer roses but still, the lather will get you there for sure!

I found all three of my TOBS samples to lather like crazy. Avocado, St James, and Mr Taylor were the ones I ordered. All with mild pleasing scents (nothing to write home about though), but lather lather lather.

Great stuff.

I just started shaving and I have only tried TOBS avocado. I got the closest shave ever with that and my DE razor.

I just switched from Mach/Fusion/Bull **** like 2 months ago.

I tried a lot of methods of how to get the best water/cream ratio. I have noticed that if you just swirl the brush on the cream itself, you will always get a great lather.

I I haven't quite mastered the DE Shave. Tomorrow I'll break out the Mach 3 and see if I can get a BBS shave with it.

Keep at the DE, only practice makes perfect. TOBS is great stuff, avocado is out of this world while Rose is simply incredible.

I got several more of their scents and have yet to find one I don't like. I still haven't tried the rose or lavender, but that leaves things to look forward to.

I have just recently been use TOBS rose, and every morning, I use less and less cream. I feel like with a drop about the size of a pea you could get two solid passes with their cream. It is amazing. Froth a little, then add some water, and froth more. Thick thick lather.

I have just recently been use TOBS rose, and every morning, I use less and less cream. I feel like with a drop about the size of a pea you could get two solid passes with their cream. It is amazing. Froth a little, then add some water, and froth more. Thick thick lather.

Thats been my experience with Avocado, Rose and Eton College. The lather is incredible!

I love TOBS. I have only tried their lavender scent so far but I think I'm going to pick up some or their rose in the near future. Its a great product for a decent price.

Top Bottom