What's new

Tabac AS balm experiences?

Good evening gentlemen,

I was wondering if any of you has used the Tabac Original after shave balm. I noticed that the only product mentioned in this forum is the lotion, and I'm curious what the balm is like since I generally prefer balms to splashes as after shave.

Attached is a picture, taken from the Tabac Original web site. This a blurb about the balm on the site:

The tender after shave balm, especially designed for the care of dry skin. The emulsion contains approx. 22 % alc./vol. Therefore, it goes without preservatives. In addition, glycerine supports the moisture balance of the skin.

V

VR6ofpain

If only I could buy TABAC shave sticks and TABAC balm. I'd be in tallow soap heaven!

Good stuff, excellent against razor burn. However, it does contain alcohol so it can be a little drying fro me in cold weather. I'd suggest using a tiny bit on a moist face.

I'd echo what JP and Frederik have said. Scent wise it is clearly of the Tabac 'family' but not the same as the soap (mores' the pity). I like the scent of the balm and A/S but love the smell of the soap. I notice the slight zing of alchohol in the balm (I prefer it in my A/S tbh) and yes, it can be slightly drying which, to my mind at least, is a little counter intuitive.

Top Bottom