What's new

Acquisitions Monday September 25th - Sunday October 1st

After a few months fighting it, I found out... SCAD's gonna getcha!!

full

Salter: Sandalwood, Citrus, Mint
TOBS: St. Charles, Mr. Taylor, Shaving Shop
QED Soap: Lavender, Peppermint, Tangerine & Spearmint, Wild Orange

QEDman: French Green Clay, After Shave Conditioner

The Salter's smell OK, but will probably come out better once I lather them.

Those TOBS smell awesome in the tub (yes! all of them are great)

Tomorrow's SOTD is gonna be tough!

Last edited by a moderator:
ada8356 said:

Nice Haul!

As Joel would say, "Jealousy has reared its ugly head" :lol:

Just got my 5/8 J.A. Henckels Twin Works "70-1/2" straight today. Fantastic condition (got it off Ebay). The blade is nicely grayed, and the handles have some thumbnail like indentations, but other than that is perfection...it even came nice and sharp.

I will definately be using it on my next shave to see how I like it!

ada8356 said:
The Salter's smell OK?!? You obviously didn't take a very good whiff of that Citrus then. How dare you be so non-committal about such an olfactory delight. Whoooooa nelly, thats some awesome stuff. :biggrin: :001_tongu

castlecraver said:
The Salter's smell OK?!? You obviously didn't take a very good whiff of that Citrus then. How dare you be so non-committal about such an olfactory delight. Whoooooa nelly, thats some awesome stuff. :biggrin: :001_tongu

Oh! No offense Pat... like I say I've found that sniffing the cream/soap right in the container doens't relay it's true flavor!:smile:

I'm sure the stuff its grrrreat!:biggrin:

Too bad it'll take me a while to get to it! Just a personal problem....:biggrin:

ada8356 said:
Oh! No offense Pat... like I say I've found that sniffing the cream/soap right in the container doens't relay it's true flavor!:smile:

I'm sure the stuff its grrrreat!:biggrin:

Too bad it'll take me a while to get to it! Just a personal problem....:biggrin:

LOL. Enjoy your haul! I know who I want for my B&B secret santa this year :tongue_sm

I have picked-up a few razors off eBay lately, so I decided to get one of these to use in their sterilization. I bought this at the local Sally's Beauty Supply. They did not carry the smaller versions, but I thought that this large size jar actually offers the most flexibility. I filled only the bottom 6" or so for sterilizing the razors.

ada8356 said:

full

Let us know how you like the QED a/s conditioner.... someone should put it in the review system :biggrin: :wink2: :wink2:

Last edited by a moderator:
joel said:
Let us know how you like the QED a/s conditioner.... someone should put it in the review system :biggrin: :wink2: :wink2:

Joel,

I plan on doing a review. Today was my first time using it. I'll probably let everyone know what I think about it sometime next week after a few more uses.

:smile:

Picked up a Merkur Slant today from my local Pipe/Tobacco shop. Paid a bit more than from say, lee or CS. But Hey, brick and mortar and instant gratification!

Also got some Penhaligons Hammam Bouquet from SLCSTEVE on the way.

A decant from Scotto of Guerlain Vetiver.

Already spent too much, too much!

I got the missing part of my order from TGS. AoS Bergamot Hair Gel. It’s like Robert read my mind as I found a bunch of samples of Acca Kappa’s colognes which I wanted very much.
proxy.php

C&E Nomad Calming Shave Gel and C&E small best badger by Edwin Jagger.
proxy.php

Floris Santal aftershave.
proxy.php

Penhaligon’s English Fern shaving soap, Endymion edt and Endymion balm. The Englishman working there was an absolute gentleman and gave me all the samples you can’t find in their scent library.
proxy.php

proxy.php

L’Occitane Cade shaving soap
proxy.php

ada8356 said:
Joel,

I plan on doing a review. Today was my first time using it. I'll probably let everyone know what I think about it sometime next week after a few more uses.

:smile:

This is what I like about B&B reviews on the whole. People are willing to give a product some time before they come to their final conclusion. This fosters reviews that are much more even in their criticism, whether they be good or bad.

Look forward to reading yours.

I never saw so much stuff come in from one package!!!!!
Thursday evening this came in:

1. 2x Arko Sensitive creams
2. 2x Arko Commando creams
3. 1x Arko soap stick
4. 1x De Vergulde Hand soap stick
5. 1x Palmolive shaving cream (European)
6. 1x Palmolive shaving stick
7. 1x box of Sharp blades.

all this from my bro, Rene! :smile: :smile:

wait, not finished yet--
a bottle of Antaeus de Chanel edt for myself, and a bottle of Rive Gauche de Yves Saint Laurent for wifey!:biggrin:

Jeff

Lyrt said:
I got the missing part of my order from TGS. AoS Bergamot Hair Gel. It’s like Robert read my mind as I found a bunch of samples of Acca Kappa’s colognes which I wanted very much.
proxy.php

C&E Nomad Calming Shave Gel and C&E small best badger by Edwin Jagger.
proxy.php

Floris Santal aftershave.
proxy.php

Penhaligon’s English Fern shaving soap, Endymion edt and Endymion balm. The Englishman working there was an absolute gentleman and gave me all the samples you can’t find in their scent library.
proxy.php

proxy.php

L’Occitane Cade shaving soap
proxy.php

Very nice products and pictures. How do you like that Nikon D70?

crackstar said:
I never saw so much stuff come in from one package!!!!!
Thursday evening this came in:

1. 2x Arko Sensitive creams
2. 2x Arko Commando creams
3. 1x Arko soap stick
4. 1x De Vergulde Hand soap stick
5. 1x Palmolive shaving cream (European)
6. 1x Palmolive shaving stick
7. 1x box of Sharp blades.

all this from my bro, Rene! :smile: :smile:

wait, not finished yet--
a bottle of Antaeus de Chanel edt for myself, and a bottle of Rive Gauche de Yves Saint Laurent for wifey!:biggrin:

Jeff
Go Jeff! Nice haul.

Top Bottom