They gunk up my razor.

They gum up my fingertips.

And if I try to rinse them
and accidentally spread them
they can certainly ruin the edge.

So I try to find blades
without any spots

That's why I love my Crystals and Trigs

I love Shark SC blades but I hate the glue spots. Scraping them off with my fingernail is a risky undertaking, I worry that I'll end up cutting myself.

The glue spots (which is actually wax) are definitely annoying but do not impact the shave quality. However, I do consider it a negative as far as quality control is concern as excess wax should not be on the blade.

I have to agree the wax bothers me. I don't think it effects my shave but I just don't like them there. I never thought of using my old blades to scrape them off. I was a big fan of Crystals until I started using Gillette super thins. The ones without the wax :thumbup1:

Use the dull sides of the blade you're disposing of to scrape them off.

I scraped the wax off with the sharp edge of a used blade. It worked perfectly but seemed a bit dangerous. Using the dull sides is a great idea.

I love Sharks- The glue spots don't bother me a bit, i face them down, so I don't really notice them. Odd, as this is the type of OCDish thing that usually bugs me :)

I really like the way Gillette 7 o'clock Russian greens shave. But there is so much glue that sometimes the glue blobs actually have extended to the blade's edge. And whatever glue they use isn't the standard wax type. It doesn't dissolve in rubbing alcohol. To use some of the blades, I've had to use Goo Gone to get the edge clean. That's an extraordinary pain in the ***. Unfortunately, nearly all of my favorite blades have glue spots: Astra, Shark, Russian 7 o'clock, Lord, Feather. I've learned to live with it, but I don't like it.

Personna Reds don't have the spots, and they shave super nice. I don't think my Iridium's had the spots either.

Last edited:
Top Bottom