What's new

Soaps with exfoliating bits in them

I have a thing for bar soaps with little exfoliating bits in them. What are your favorites? I have been using this from Provence Sante - awesome lather, and the seaweed bits are perfect. Plus it has that nice PS gren tea scent.

(1)
I've had a few soaps with exfoliating bits, I've got one I'm using now by Tea Tree Therapy which utilizes crushed eucalyptus leaves for the "bits":

Ingredients:
Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Purified Water, Eucalyptus Australiana Oil, Macadamia Nut Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Crushed Eucalyptus Leaves, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate

(2)
Honorable mention goes to A particularly exfoliating bar soap I enjoy, which is the Burts Bee's Bay Rum exfoliating bar, which since the Bay Rum line was discontinued is now re-packaged as Citrus Spice Exfoliating Shower Soap. Same great bay rum scent, same ultra-exfoliating properties:

Ingredients:
Vegetable soap base, vegetable glycerin, bay oil, orange oil, cinnamon oil, fir needle oil, lavandin oil, cedarwood oil, clove oil, sage oil, lemon oil, patchouli oil, bay leaf, clove powder, cinnamon powder, orange peel, lemon peel.

hello scotto,

here you go <grin>

thanks,
mike

Scotto said:
I have a thing for bar soaps with little exfoliating bits in them. What are your favorites? I have been using this from Provence Sante - awesome lather, and the seaweed bits are perfect. Plus it has that nice PS gren tea scent.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I have occasionally coughed up the extra coin for Anthony Logistic's exfoliating mud bar, which I quite enjoy.

At first blush, it's, well, black. You have a brief flashback to those adverts on the back of old comic books for trick soap that will turn your hands black. But then you try this one and, not only are you not the victim of trick soap, but it smells great ... sort of minty, if I recall rightly. There are bits of oatmeal in it to exfoliate, so it's a bit bumpy, but worthwhile.

Scott - Mama Bear has those soaps from Issy she is carrying now. The Almond one has roasted almonds that are ground up and put in the soap. That qualifies as some good smelling scrubby bits.

Dennis

Scotto,

T&H also has a tallow-based hand and body soap that's got oatmeal in it... i use it in the shower everyday, and i find that it is suprisingly moisturising and leaves a nice fragrance behind - not to mention soft skin.

http://www.menessentials.com/oxid.p...1a93.59840424/anid/e78441ecac5c7a845.45966073

Check it out!

Adil.

+1 I've been using this the last two weeks and it's great, but I don't know if I've been away from soaps too long or if this thing just runs out fast but I'm already down to half a bar. :scared:

I know its not "bar" soap, but Axe Snake Peel is great, its like washing with fine sandpaper, i love it

If you like that sort of stuff, Anthony Logistics has a 32 oz. pump of sea salt exfoliating scrub:

http://www.shavingcream.com/item.php?id=653&bid=13&pg=3

bonus points: all the profits go to prostate cancer research. The smell is unusual, but not bad. I only use the stuff once a week and it appears the bottle is going to last approximately 87 years.

R

rum

Dermalogica has one called Skin Prep Scrub. I like this one particularly as it's not harsh at all and cleanses deeply. The 'bits' in it are rather soft mind you.

Top Bottom