What's new

Sotd 1/15/07 - 1/21/07

The list

Floris bath soap JF
Mystery shampoo

C&E Sweet Almond Oil Shave Cream
Rooney -Mac Brush 24 mm
E-4 Gillette 195 (Fatboy) with a feather blade 2nd shave/ set on 9 for 2 WTG passes,
on 6 for 2 XTG passes and 5 for 2 AGG passes and T&C buffing.
Da Vin chi water spritz
Olivia's A/S Balm

C&E Nomad B&B decant (Thanks Rik!)

Pantene Style Pomade
Kiel's Lip Balm #1
Kiel's Eye Alert eye cream
C&E Hand Therapy Goats milk

Marvis Toothpaste Jasmin Mint

Mitchum clear Gel
Not shown
Swissco Badger hair toothbrush
Vintage Ebony Hairbrush

The Lineup!

full

The "Artsy"

&original=1[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Nice Jim. I like all of 'em.

Anyway, after shower at the sink:

'61 Gillette Fat Boy (1st time I used it. Great shaver. Set on 3, then 2, then 1. I will probably go more aggressive next time, but close shave yesterday)
Derby Extra (1st day)
EJ BB
Nancy Boy s/c
alum
Thayers Lavender w/h
Musgo Real a/s
L'Occitane Vetyver edt

Last Shave of the Week:
Tried Some new Stuff

Trumpers Coconut Oil - 1st time wow this is great stuff, I will give it another try but this could move up the list.
The new 47 Super Speed - Lot's of Razors left to try but this is a Great Razor I can see what all the fuss is about!!
Warm Rinse
Cold Rinse
Dr. Galen Herbal Skin Tonic
QED AS Conditioner
Finished off with Penhaligon's Endymion all so first time, wife commented immediately that she loved this stuff, good sign.

Best BBS of the week:001_tt1:

I had an extremely nice shave, last night.

I started with the Dr. Galen non-foaming sesame oil shave cream as a pre-shave, then applied a hot towel. Then, Mama Bear's Smokin' soap, with a new Derby blade in my Merkur Classic. Finished with Aqua Velva AS and a top coat of Proraso liquid cream ASB.

Wonderful!

Tim

Shavemac 23mm horn
Kruidvat SC
Hen & Rooster 5/8 SR
Merkur HD w/ Feather Blade
Alum (not pictured)
Thayer's Rose
Turin Brakes "JackInABox" (2005)

Either my technique is getting better, or this Hen & Rooster rocks! Kruidvat is very nice SC. It has a light, pleasantly soapy scent, and it's slick.

Hot shower
KMF 1 brush
Parker 90R w/Derby blade (Day 1) -- 1st pass
Merkur HD w/same Derby blade
SMF 1 brush
VGH cream (from Barberculture sample)
Alum
Thayer's Lavender W/H
Speick A/S Splash
Anherb A/S Milk
SCS Sandalwood EdT

Tried a couple new things today. That Parker 90R razor will take some getting used to. It's nice and long, although quite a bit lighter in weight than my Superspeeds or Merkur HD. The fresh Derby blade bit, skipped and tugged throughout the whole first pass, so I decided to test the Parker and Derby blade separately, and removed the Derby from the Parker razor and put it in the Merkur HD. Same blade, different razor. Subsequent passes were normal... nice and smooth. I think I need to work on my angle or something for the Parker razor.

The Speick A/S splash was very nice... not much burning at all. LOVE the Anherb milk (and gel). Chock full of Mentholy goodness!! :thumbup1:

Hot shower
Trumpers Almond Soap
Merkur HD and Swedish Gillette (3rd time out on this blade and still feels good)
Rinse and Alum
Proraso ASB
Trumpers Bay Rum EDT

6 passes total out of that blade so far, and feeling good. Skin is slowly recovering but a little redness on the lower neck to watch...

As my last post on this weeks SOTD can I just say all the pictures have been great and some have been truely awesome. Thanks to you all for the time you took to take and post. I enjoyed and smiled and learned some.

full

f/22 @ 35mm
E+0 (ISO 400, 20sec), color adj in PhotoPaint

T&H Luxury Shave Soap
40's N.D.C. SS w/new Feather
C&E Best
Proraso ASB

Rare Sunday shave today on account of an engagement later tonight. (Sloan w/Thunderbirds are Now! at the Grogshop, about a block from my apartment)

I don't often have non shave-related toys worthy to show off on here, but the Wii is about the most fun thing ever. There goes my PhD.

I don't like the Men-u either. Not thick enough, not enough lube. Works alright with a modern cartridge razor where the lube strip helps get a smooth shave, but it is useless for our kind of shave.

Today's shave went exactly as planned and the Feather blade was a dream. I'm just starting to get a stubble now, 16 hours later. The barber from The Gentleman's Refinery didn't know what he was talking about when he said that a DE shave only shaves about two hours more stubble than a Mach3.

Merkur long-handle classic w/Feather blade
Edwin Jagger for C&E best badger
C&E sweet almond oil shaving cream
C&E Nomad ASB
C&E Nomad EDT

I tossed my C&E Nomad cream because if dried out on me! I tried adding water, etc but just wasn't happy with the product.

full

M

modern man

Fire and Ice today.
That is Conk Amber in the mug and a Feather in the Slim.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Omega 6215
6/8" Geneva straight
Merkur long handle w/IP
Taylor rose cream (old version, of course)
DRH Pink
Musgo Real splash'
GFT coral skin food

Had a few days' growth (had to return home all scruffy looking to keep the missus at bay). My straight was well prepped, but it was pulling like the dickens. After two less than pleasant passes, I reached for the long handle to finish up. Immediately, I said "Crap, this hasn't even got a blade in it." I unwrapped a new IP, then opened the razor to insert it. To my amazement, it already had an IP in there. I was dumbstruck- compared to the straight, the DE felt so smooth I honestly thought there wasn't a blade inside. What a putz! :scared:

TJ's PreShaveOil #8
Hot Towel
SR 3124
Merkur HD Slant
Derby DE Blade
Mama Bear Unscented SS + Derby Normal SC
Cold Water
Thayer's Original
Aqua Velva Musk AB/AS
MB Menthol ASM
TJ's PostShaveOil
Nivea Menthol ASB
B&B EDP

:blink: Unbelievable shave, 14th in a row without a day off...they keep getting better :thumbup1:

'41 ranger tech w/ swedish gillette blade
edwin jagger best medium
---
proraso soap primer
proraso cream (woo! superlather)
thayer's aloe
proraso asb

trying to overcome some congestion, so i thought i'd throw some menthol/eucalyptus at it. felt pretty good.

Top Bottom