What's new

horror movies

being october i always tend to watch even more horror movies than usual. i was just wondering what everybody else has watched. so far this month ive watched the evil dead trilogy, the original hills have eyes, i sell the dead, re-animator trilogy, the original texas chain saw massacre, the town that dreaded sundown, the seven doors of death, the city of the living dead, evil dead trap, and earlier today i watched the mermaid in a manhole and he never dies of the guinea pig series, tomorrow ill watch devils experiments of the guinea pig series along with phantasm, cemetery man, cannibal holocaust, and its still up in the air wether the other will be a fulci or argento film. any suggestions?

I've never been a big fan of horror flicks, though many of the "scary" ones have had me laughing outright when the opposite was intended.

Brides of Dracula
The Curse of the Werewolf
Paranoiac
The Two Faces of Dr. Jeckyll
Scream of Fear
The Gorgon
The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb
Lust for a Vampire
Twins of Evil
Countess Dracula (1971)
The Vampire Lovers
Dr. Jeckyll and Sister Hyde
Black Sunday
Tower of Evil
Chamber of Horrors (1966)
The Brides of Fu Manchu
An Angel for Satan
The Long Hair of Death
Mill of the Stone Women
Baba Yaga
Matango
The Devil's Daughter (1973)
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Murders in the Rue Morgue (1932)
The Black Cat (1934)
The Raven (1935)
The Invisible Ray
Black Friday
Night of the Living Dead <== Why isn't that on your list?

I have viewed The Changeling, Left in Darkness, Drag Me to Hell, Wrong Turn 2, American Zombie and Zombieland (not really horror though).

Love me some zombies- not the running zombies, though. Those are just stupid. How could the living dead become decathaletes? Makes no sense.

28 Days Later
28 Weeks Later

Not really horror, until you realize the people are still alive i.e. not zombies, but are infected with a biological agent.

Also I'm a sucker for Night of the Living Dead remake and Dawn of the Dead.

Have you watched Steven Kings The Mist? Suspenseful and ends very twisted.

Last but not least, the original Halloween, Halloween II in addition to Rob Zombie's remakes.

As a kid Alien scared the hell out of me. I still think it holds up to today's movies. I am a firm believer that the suspense is what makes a good horror movie. Movies that use the gore as the center almost get comical.

Have you watched Steven Kings The Mist? Suspenseful and ends very twisted.

The Mist was awesome!

I'd also like to add Cronenberg's The Fly, The Howling, Alien, Aliens, Carpenter's The Thing, American Werewolf In London, The Omen, The Exorcist & Planet Terror.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Not a big fan of any modern horror, but I recently saw Saw (had to work that in) and was surprised at what a good villain they created.

Speaking of Fulci, I'm watching The Black Cat. Tried watching a couple more hammers, but I'm all Hammered out. I'm really dying to get my hands on Fulci's The Maniacs.

Top Bottom