What's new

girl newbie learning about opp sex grooming tactics

Hello Fellows...I am a newbie, and a woman. I have no facial hair (thank god) and do a good job keeping my other parts hair-free, but I have joined here on recommendation of some buddies at Basenotes (the fragrance board I'm a member of).

I'm here to read about, learn about, and ask questions about this particular male ritual called shaving.

So hello *waves*

Hello Fellows...I am a newbie, and a woman. I have no facial hair (thank god) and do a good job keeping my other parts hair-free, but I have joined here on recommendation of some buddies at Basenotes (the fragrance board I'm a member of).

I'm here to read about, learn about, and ask questions about this particular male ritual called shaving.

So hello *waves*

Welcome and congratulations on the no facial hair thing! :thumbup: :laugh:

M

modern man

Welcome!

Fire away with questions.

We not only have shaving ninjas we have shave ninjetts here too :ninja:

Welcome chirimoya! Do you have a first name? There is certainly a lot to read here and several other ladies present as well. Enjoy!

Dennis

Hi Chirimoya --

Well, there's a lot of reading material here, even though you don't shave. A lot of information about this wetshaving thing is available in Mantic's videos, also in Leisureguy's shaving blog. You should read/see both.

I'm hopeful you'll give some insights about colognes/scents in the colognes forum and the aftershave forum.

My wife says I have the taste of a peasant. <shrug>

-- John Gehman, *waves back*

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Hello, chirimoya.

If you're wondering why you haven't received more responses, it's because three quarters of the gentlemen here just fainted. :001_rolle

Hello, chirimoya.

If you're wondering why you haven't received more responses, it's because three quarters of the gentlemen here just fainted. :001_rolle

Yeah, reading the words "girl" and "sex" in the same title was too much for most of us!

Welcome aboard. Fire away with questions. You may find yourself obsessing over creams and soaps, and shaving your legs with a DE before long...

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Yeah, reading the words "girl" and "sex" in the same title was too much for most of us!

Welcome aboard. Fire away with questions. You may find yourself obsessing over creams and soaps, and shaving your legs with a DE before long...

I missed the word "opp" completely, as well.

Don't let the guys scare ya away. You'll find a great deal of information in here. Enjoy your stay.

Thank you for the warm welcome! :D

I actually was wondering if this wouldn't lead to me shaving my legs with something fancier than the drugstore stuff I use now. But mostly I'm interested in the different methods used, and the passionate discussion about shave creams, brush or no brush, shaving soap or cream?, after shave or balm?, and to soak up a little of what you well-cared for guys give off: an appreciation for the small details that make big differences.

If I made anyone faint here with my (unintentionally) racy thread title, I am smiling ear to ear and offer no apologies ;)

ps: what's a DE?

I actually was wondering if this wouldn't lead to me shaving my legs with something fancier than the drugstore stuff I use now.

Hi and welcome. DE is just an abreviation for Double Edge razor, the older type that takes a single replacable blade with two edges.

Actually since I started proper wetshaving, my sister started using a DE razor to shave her legs (and maybe other areas, armpits etc.). She finds that she gets just as good a shave, but the blades are considerably cheaper to buy than the latest Gillette cartridges.

She doesn't use fancy soaps or creams though, she shaves in the bath using olive oil or baby oil on her legs.

:smile:

Hi Chirimoya,
Welcome to our sickness.
Before you know it, even though you don't shave your face, we'll have you convinced you NEED several badger hair shave brushes, an arsenal of various lathering shave creams and soaps, as well as balms....a Moss scuttle,
then you'll be watching eBay buying up Gillette adjustables, sniping people for Wilkinson "sticky"s and arguing over which obscure brand of blade is smoother or sharper for the shave.
After about a month or two, you'll even be looking at straights.

You don't NEED any of this stuff, you say?
Has nothing to do with it.

Welcome :biggrin:

John P.

Hi Chirimoya,
Welcome to our sickness.
Before you know it, even though you don't shave your face, we'll have you convinced you NEED several badger hair shave brushes, an arsenal of various lathering shave creams and soaps, as well as balms....a Moss scuttle,
then you'll be watching eBay buying up Gillette adjustables, sniping people for Wilkinson "sticky"s and arguing over which obscure brand of blade is smoother or sharper for the shave.
After about a month or two, you'll even be looking at straights.

You don't NEED any of this stuff, you say?
Has nothing to do with it.

Welcome :biggrin:

John P.
Yeah, there'll probably be a fellow along shortly telling you something about the futility of trying to resist! :biggrin:

Top Bottom