What's new

TN issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a condition called Trigeminal Neuralgia. Does anyone have experience with this affliction, if so how do you treat it? In the past I had great success with Vioxx, but it has been discontinued due to a high rate of heart related issues. Currently I use naproxen sodium with marginal results. What so you use to help with the pains caused by this condition?

I think Carbamazepine is the first line of treatment but you've probably already tried that. If you're using an NSAID, Ibuprofen 600mg every 6 hours or 800mg every 12 hours would probably work better IMHO. That's just my 2 cents worth of opinion.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I can understand the pain you are in. I was diagnosed with it some 10 years ago, however, I was lucky and it was eventually found that all the pain came from a bad tooth (took them some 6 month to figure this one out) - long story. There is a support organization, you should do a search on google for it. They send me for a long time their information - and it contained a lot of good info.
Worth a try IMHO.

I'm sorry to hear that you have this, as I understand it can be very painful. Despite people's best intentions, internet fora are notoriously unreliable for this sort of information. That said, the best sources of information for these questions would be neurologists and other physicians with expertise in this condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom