What's new

Acquisitions March 16 - 22, 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my ebay stuff in the mail on thursday, just popped a couple pics post clean-up. The bowl I picked up yesterday, cool little gold-lined english bowl from an Indian porcelain collector via Craigslist.

Some recent acquisitions. The Richwood box is in pretty sad shape. You can't see it in the photo, but it is in pieces and needs to be glued back together. They were both part of separate razor lots on the Bay, so the prices were reasonable!

Just got back from a weekend in Granbury, TX with SWIMBO. I was hoping to find a project and here it is!
The scales are toast of course, but I believe there is a lot of life in the blade. None of the rust is as deep as it looks and the jimps are in great shape. They are like holding a file! The lettering does not have any rust touching them so I will be able to maintain them. The edge? I should not lose too much honing it, or having it honed out.
It was 15.00 bucks, not the best deal ever, but not to bad at all.
full

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
With having many interests/hobbies I've acquired a lot of stuff, so through this the wife has become very sensitive to the door bell ringing and boxes coming to the house. Of course this has led to the threats that if anything more comes to the house, I'll be sleeping in the garage.

So with my recent plunge into DE shaving my interest has peaked so after getting me Merkur 34G, I could not help myself and had to acquire some more shaving equipment.

Coming soon to a house near me (besides the butt kicking the wife will apply):

Merkur Vision (looked interesting)
Moss large scuttle (thanks, Bordeaaj)
Semogue 730 Silver Tip Badger brush
Geo Trumper Violet shaving cream
Pre De Provence Aftershave balm
Derby blades - 2 - 25 packs
Tabac shaving soap/bowl
Speik Shaving soap stick (to use with my C&E Travel badger brush)
Taylor of Old Bond Street - Sandlewood shaving stick
Truefitt & Hill 1805 aftershave balm
Truefitt & Hill Trafalgar aftershave balm
Another tube of Piraso shaving cream

All of this is suppose to arrive next week, so if you don't see me posting after next week, she got me.....

If you ordered from "The Enabler" the stuff will be there before you know it.

You should have had it shipped to work and then slowly smuggled it in to the house.

Where did you order the T&H from?

Groove, you need to accept responsibility for you own ADs. However, if you've been in contact with John from Shaving Essentials, then you can give him some responsibility. That man is evil I think he sends subliminal messages to the shaving community. Just when you think you are done buying, he decides to add something that you absolutely positively have to buy.

I see I'm not the only one who found a cheap Gem Micromatic over the weekend. I paid $2 (U.S.) for this one at a local antique shop. It was extremely dirty, but after a spin through dishwasher, it came out looking great. Had a shave with it this evening, and it did all right.
Mark

proxy.php

Here it is open. Any ideas as to when this razor might have been made? I see the other Gem Micromatic is 1929, but it is slightly different than mine, with mine having a closed comb.
Mark

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom