• Bacchus

There is no available content written by Bacchus
  • Shave Clinic & Newbie Check In

• Recent Activity

poikkeus

BBS shave on a one-day rotation: how do you do it?

Thread Starter: poikkeus

I have no problem getting BBS shaves (or close to it) when I shave every two or three days. However, when I shave every day, it seems it's impossible. Even with my trusty R41, and a new blade, a one-day turnaround seems unattainable. Okay...experts, savants, let's hear your secrets: what do you...

Last Post By: ackvil Today, 09:42 AM Go to last post
    tm3

Dermatologist opinion on shaving

Thread Starter: tm3

I have heard various claims re whether one method of shaving or another is "better" for one's skin, but have not seen much in the way of substantiation. When I saw one of the local dermatologists at a recent social event, I asked him if there was any evidence that any shaving method/practice was...

Last Post By: BRITD Today, 09:42 AM Go to last post
    wulfgar1976

What are you waiting to be delivered?

Thread Starter: wulfgar1976

I have been busy: Gillette Brownie Old type (boxed). Gillette single ring Old type from 1917. Gillette single ring Old type from 1918 (boxed). Leresche Gillette Old clone made in France. Big Ben open comb with a Gillette Old type head (boxed). (The astute among you might begin to observe...

Last Post By: highlander87 Today, 09:41 AM Go to last post
    aephilli

Building boxes?

Thread Starter: aephilli

I need to make some boxes for some stones. Anybody wanna show off their handiwork and give quick explanations of how they did it? Not a master trim carpenter here, so open to any and all ideas especially the "easy, idiot proof" ones. One stone I got recently had a box made by drilling out a...

Last Post By: Alum of Potash Today, 09:41 AM Go to last post
    beowulf

Shaving Bags / Cases / Wallets

Thread Starter: beowulf

Good morning, afternoon & evening I've been having a look on eBay at vintage leather shaving wallets / bags / cases recently and wondered, are there any modern equivalents available that would have similar compartment layouts for a complete and organised DE kit? I'm loathed to just get a...

Last Post By: ackvil Today, 09:41 AM Go to last post
    Bumpy Johnson

Looking for a milder razor

Thread Starter: Bumpy Johnson

I'm looking for a mild razor. I was leaning towards a tech or slim but I can't help but to be drawn to the Parker open combs. I have a RR Mission now, so would something like a 25c be less aggressive? I also know that Joe has other razors and Maggard has some nice looking ones to so any...

Last Post By: BSAGuy Today, 09:41 AM Go to last post
    evansimp

New Youtube Shave Channel

Thread Starter: evansimp

Hey guys, so for the past few weeks I have had a lot of time on my hands and have constantly been acquiring new shave gear. I thought it would fun be to start making videos discussing some products and giving some reviews! Im not gonna lie, my first video is really rough and long. But this...

Last Post By: GoodOutcome Today, 09:40 AM Go to last post
    rockviper

My upcoming scary/silly September

Thread Starter: rockviper

Uh oh! I just got back from the sister-in-laws and she had some freebiw things for SWMBO when we were there. She (SIL, not SWMBO) is a runner/jogger and covered 19km this morning. I'm embarrassed to say that I think I would be lucky to do 5 and I used to run cross-country and play a fair bit...

Last Post By: rockviper Today, 09:40 AM Go to last post
    chansta

1904 is on the way

Thread Starter: chansta

'Lo Gents! I've got a merkur 1904 on the way. Excited to try it out. Any folks out there have opinions on this bad boy? I like my EJ89 with feathers and astras and wanted something a little different.

Last Post By: Marco Today, 09:40 AM Go to last post
    bluemantra

What Aftershave did you use today?

Thread Starter: bluemantra

I used Penhaligon's English Fern AS to celebrate St. Patricks Day.

Last Post By: jollytim Today, 09:38 AM Go to last post
By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.