• galopede

There is no available content written by galopede
  • Shave Clinic & Newbie Check In

• Recent Activity

corncakes

Omega Brush

Thread Starter: corncakes

Just bought a red handled Omega boar brush without a model no. on Amazon, (they come in red, white and black plastic handles). How will it compare with my Pro 48 for face lathering? I just learned how to properly care for a boar brush here and will be disposing of my Semogue 820 because the knot...

Last Post By: Wetshaver954 Today, 11:24 AM Go to last post
    shupey

Need an adjustable DE razor recommendation

Thread Starter: shupey

I've been DE shaving for about 6 months now and have had ok success but still find I can as good a shave with a Mach3 with less effort and irritation. I use an EJ DE89 and suspect it might not be 'aggressive' enough for my tough beard. I want to expand my DE razor collection in hopes that a new...

Last Post By: Daveho Today, 11:23 AM Go to last post
    Krakatoa

Horse hair brushes

Thread Starter: Krakatoa

Any thoughts? Shoe Box offers several and I noticed that the claim is that the hair is ethically gathered in the normal course of grooming. (The ethical treatment of animals is actually a recurring issue in my household and my daughter would be very sad if I told her where my badger brush came...

Last Post By: coyotewhisper Today, 11:23 AM Go to last post
    jeffer

Grandfathers Gillette

Thread Starter: jeffer

Just got this from my sister who found it in a box of stuff. I believe this is my Grandfathers first and perhaps only razor. By serial number it's 1921 vintage. Tried it and man, it requires a light touch to avoid filleting my face.

Last Post By: jeffer Today, 11:23 AM Go to last post
    ThomasR

Stirling soaps

Thread Starter: ThomasR

My 7 sample pucks (plus 4 AS samples) arrived today. They all smell great, can't wait to try them out. Times like this make me wish my beard grew faster. I got the following: Glacial Lemon Chill Black Cherry Sharp Dressed Man Barbershop Margarita in the Artic Ben Franklin Texas on...

Last Post By: Javelin Today, 11:22 AM Go to last post
    Rick2035

Disgruntled Gillette Customers: Is this true?

Thread Starter: Rick2035

Greetings B&B, A colleague of mine was clearing out his desk and found the below from an old calendar. Does anyone know if it's true? "In 1903, when the Gillette Company started selling safety razors with disposable blades, they were shocked when hundreds of men complained that the razors...

Last Post By: franz Today, 11:21 AM Go to last post
    TheVez2

2015 B&B Bingo: Soap Edition

Thread Starter: TheVez2

Welcome to the SECOND edition of B&B Bingo. If you missed the first round, check it out HERE. Same rules apply as last time. The topic is Shaving Soaps. This is a B&B sanctioned game. To be eligible to play, you must- 1. Abide by the B&B TOU at all times. 2. Be a member in good standing...

Last Post By: adfawson Today, 11:18 AM Go to last post
    jwhite

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

Thread Starter: jwhite

I'll get the ball rolling with Penzance in a GBD London Made 1/4 bent Rhodesian that I had with a cup of CTC Scottish Breakfast this mourning. :thumbup1:

Last Post By: cursethis Today, 11:18 AM Go to last post
    The M

What Was Your Cream Today?

Thread Starter: The M

Hey why not! theres one for the soaps so why not one for the creams. So just post what cream that YOU used today.

Last Post By: Hawkmanw Today, 11:17 AM Go to last post
    shupey

Need an adjustable DE razor recommendation

Thread Starter: shupey

Last Post By: shupey Today, 11:13 AM Go to last post
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.