• Societylee

There is no available content written by Societylee
  • Shave Clinic & Newbie Check In

• Recent Activity

dreadpirate

Why Spend more than $100 on a Brush?

Thread Starter: dreadpirate

I have 3 brushes; Rooney, Semogue, and an olive wood handle Dovo (my first brush). These are all great brushes. All under $100 (just barely for the Rooney and Dovo). (Also have a Muhle travel brush; but that doesn't count). Hell - there are a lot of great brushes under $50. Look at the...

Last Post By: BigDogInAZ Today, 10:42 PM Go to last post
    docholliday77

Helping Newbies = Feels Good

Thread Starter: docholliday77

I had a great experience at work tonight. A month or so ago I introduced a couple of young guys at work to the concept of wet shaving with real soap/cream and using a DE razor. They are thinking about getting into this around Christmastime (going to ask their folks for the razors, I think). I...

Last Post By: kansaskyle Today, 10:38 PM Go to last post
    ks6c

Trouble disassembling a Super Speed

Thread Starter: ks6c

I have several Super Speeds acquired through some recent auctions and the OCD in me wants to completely disassemble them for a thorough cleaning. But despite some great threads and videos on the subject, I can't get the door rod assembly to drop out on the first one I'm trying. I have (1) NDC...

Last Post By: blood_donor Today, 10:38 PM Go to last post
    aspirin54

My new bowl

Thread Starter: aspirin54

Did some glassblowing yesterday and decided I needed a custom shaving bowl. Think it turned out pretty good looking. It is deep enough with good sides so it should build up a good lather.

Last Post By: Gabeson Today, 10:37 PM Go to last post
    Chino

The Art of Shaving soap question.

Thread Starter: Chino

I was recently at The Art of Shaving in Columbus Ohio. The salesman said that their unscented bar soap http://www.theartofshaving.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-TAOS-Site/default/mProduct-Show?pid=00670535713920 and their unscented shave soap...

Last Post By: SliceOfLife Today, 10:36 PM Go to last post
    Punchy71

Looking for an all-natural shaving cream, any suggestions?

Thread Starter: Punchy71

Greetings, Anyone have any recommendations or suggestions for an all-natural shaving cream good for a beginner to try? Perhaps an all-natural sampler pack of some kind that I might be able to mail-order from somewhere? Thank you

Last Post By: tclobaugh Today, 10:35 PM Go to last post
    Rumpled

What's wrong with Mach 3 razors?

Thread Starter: Rumpled

A couple of years ago I had a minor cardiac scare and the cardiologist immediately put me immediately on a blood thinner. A couple of weeks later, I was happily shaving with my safety razor with Feather blades and I nicked my self under the bottom lip. What should have been a five minute issue...

Last Post By: dionesius3 Today, 10:34 PM Go to last post
    Andy

November 2014 Acquisitions

Thread Starter: Andy

We are starting to head towards the festive season yet again, now is the perfect time to starting ordering presents for family/friends, and perhaps slip a little something extra into the order for yourself. What fantastic product has made its way into your den this month?

Last Post By: Gaius Today, 10:33 PM Go to last post
    ihatedshaving

Hi, i'm a n00b

Thread Starter: ihatedshaving

Not new to wet shaving but new to the board. I've been wet shaving for over a year now. I started with a Parker butterfly safety razor and then moved on to an iKon 101, which i loved until the top plate broke. I bought an iKon 102 slant to go on the bulldog handle I already had and now love...

Last Post By: alex2363 Today, 10:33 PM Go to last post
    Shiloh

Ingredients?

Thread Starter: Shiloh

First off, a disclaimer: I am a recovering engineer, so I tend to be a little overANALytical. But then again, this is B&B...so maybe that's not viewed as a bad thing. So...please bear with me... I'm pondering adding a new soap (yes, just one, dammit!) to my arsenal, and I'm factoring in...

Last Post By: SliceOfLife Today, 10:33 PM Go to last post
By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.