• Societylee

There is no available content written by Societylee
  • Shave Clinic & Newbie Check In

• Recent Activity

juergen99

Dad's old razor

Thread Starter: juergen99

I recently visited my parents and got into a shaving discussion with my Dad. I switched from cartridge to straight shaving 5 months ago. My Dad on the other hand has been shaving with a safety razor all of his adult life (he's 79). He showed me his razor that he has been using for the last 60...

Last Post By: wscottb7862 Today, 08:35 PM Go to last post
    EmreMusovi

Sterilizing with alcohol affect sharpness?

Thread Starter: EmreMusovi

Hey guys, i exclusively use feather ac dx with pro blades. i use a blade 10 times and throw away. After the shave and before the shave i put aome alcohol (%96) to sterilize the blade. And i remove the blade from razor and keep seperately. But since i started that process i feel that...

Last Post By: EmreMusovi Today, 08:34 PM Go to last post
    Ulricus

Gentleman Restraint for One Month - September 2014 Edition

Thread Starter: Ulricus

So despite my utter failure at the August Editon, I've been selected to run the September restraint! Let's see if the extra pressure can't keep me under control. Are you interested in restraining from purchases for one month? This is geared with those who have a hard time making it a quarter or...

Last Post By: Guru17 Today, 08:32 PM Go to last post
    rw3cja

Having real trouble with Mitchell's Wool Fat

Thread Starter: rw3cja

Firstly, hello everyone. This is my first post here! Secondly, apologies for YET ANOTHER post about MWF being trouble to lather. I have read through so many and tried lots of suggestions but none seemed to have worked for me. So I have been Double Edged shaving for around a fortnight now and...

Last Post By: garyg Today, 08:31 PM Go to last post
    PokerChip

Photos of Celebrities Shaving

Thread Starter: PokerChip

While I was searching for some interesting photos I discovered a photo of Frank Sinatra shaving. It shows all the products he's using as well. Here's the photo I found: I haven't closely examined the photo closely but are any/all of these shaving products still available. Here's a closeup...

Last Post By: dpm802 Today, 08:30 PM Go to last post
    Jim

How to make great lather from a soap ~ Tutorial

Thread Starter: Jim

The following is a guide and suggestions for the foundation for a great lather. This tutorial was developed by a group of B&B members in collaboration. A team of struggling new wetshavers worked with more experienced members to learn how to make great lathers with a variety of soaps. They...

Last Post By: ailevin Today, 08:29 PM Go to last post
    bluemantra

What Aftershave did you use today?

Thread Starter: bluemantra

I used Penhaligon's English Fern AS to celebrate St. Patricks Day.

Last Post By: jay22w Today, 08:29 PM Go to last post
    Invictus

Elephant poop coffee

Thread Starter: Invictus

Just read this article about the most expensive coffee, if it's been posted or talked about already I apologize as I did search before posting. Here ya go and "enjoy": http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2014/08/20/340154271/no-1-most-expensive-coffee-comes-from-elephants-no-2 Here's a link to the...

Last Post By: oc_in_fw Today, 08:29 PM Go to last post
    D33K4Y

Shoulder less

Thread Starter: D33K4Y

Are there a lot of shoulder less razors out there? One that comes to my mind is the Bismarck. Is there any advantage/disadvantage to them?

Last Post By: llalm Today, 08:27 PM Go to last post
    guyakaguy

Where did the spice go in Old Spice?

Thread Starter: guyakaguy

I know this has been discussed ad nauseum, but this is a public forum and I want to say my piece and possibly add to/further the Old Spice conundrum. About a week ago, and thanks to the advice on this forum, I went up to my local Family Dollar and purchased a bottle of "Family Dollar Spice". I...

Last Post By: shevek Today, 08:27 PM Go to last post
By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.