• LaxinMaximus

There is no available content written by LaxinMaximus
  • Shave Clinic & Newbie Check In

• Recent Activity

cooperarthur

Baffled - Gillette 1932 Made in Canada

Thread Starter: cooperarthur

So, went to an antique store, found a lovely Gillette 1932 Made in Canada, bought it, came home, cleaned it up, boiled it, lathered up, popped in a Feather, ran the first pass down my face and...nothing. The blade didn't even contact my face. I am an experienced DE shaver. I use a Merkur...

Last Post By: cooperarthur Today, 10:00 PM Go to last post
    flanman0613

flanman0613's Entry to the Hall of Fame

Thread Starter: flanman0613

Hall of Fame EntryWhat is your real name? Erik What are your nicknames/aliases? Flaps, Flanman Where do you live? Colorado What is your age (or) generation? 25 What are you in the real world? Military (Army) What is your favorite shave setup? Maggard Razors MR1 Maggard Razors London...

Last Post By: turtle Today, 10:00 PM Go to last post
    DESHAVE4LIFE

PIF - FREE Trac II handles ( Colonel Conk, Bump Fighter )

Thread Starter: DESHAVE4LIFE

I received these as part of a shaving lot I purchased and have no use for them as I use DE razors .. As a FREE BONUS to all the great members of B&B I am including free sample pucks of Stirling shaving soap :) if you'd like these (and will use them) please reply " I'm in " I will draw one...

Last Post By: imatabor Today, 09:58 PM Go to last post
    Homer J

A good entry level razor option

Thread Starter: Homer J

I found the Matador line of razors at my local shave supply store. The model I bought was the Matador "El Gordo Negro". Unfortunately, I had an issue with the top cap being slightly curved so I took it back to see what could be done. They quickly exchange the head, no questions asked. They even...

Last Post By: turtle Today, 09:58 PM Go to last post
    RajaHood

Ready to Shave!

Thread Starter: RajaHood

Newbie here, just checking in. I've used a Gillete fusion for years and decided to delve into the work of a better shave. I have a Perfecto Pure Badger brush, Edwin Hagger Sandlewood shaving soap, glycerin (going for uberlather), Artist Touch Feather SS and the sampler from tryablade.com with an...

Last Post By: turtle Today, 09:57 PM Go to last post
    kansaskyle

Monthly Gentleman Restraint - March 2015

Thread Starter: kansaskyle

Looking for a way to curb your AD's? Getting disapproving looks from your significant other? Running short of space to store your supplies? Running out of money? This is the perfect opportunity for you - the Monthly Restraining Order for March 1-31, 2015. All are welcome! Rules: * No...

Last Post By: Mrchick Today, 09:56 PM Go to last post
    InNae

How many coats of spar urethane

Thread Starter: InNae

I received my olivewood handles from the bay and they were in pretty rough shape. Not smooth and drips in the finish so i sanded them down and now I'm putting spar urethane on them. I'm ussing the spray on from minwax. How many coats do you recommend I put on? When I'm done there will be some...

Last Post By: Big Jim Today, 09:56 PM Go to last post
    flanman0613

Hello from snowy Colorado

Thread Starter: flanman0613

Hello all, recently found this site through my search for information on wet shaving. I'm currently in the Army and residing in Colorado Springs. Recently got into wet shaving (DE) and love it. Just looking for like minded people and expand my lifestyle a little bit.

Last Post By: turtle Today, 09:56 PM Go to last post
    MikeD59

Welcome from Michigan

Thread Starter: MikeD59

Hi all - Glad to be part of the B&B community. I'm a little less than a month into this fantastic new hobby and I'm hooked. I'm going with a Merkur 20C long handle razor (switched from the 30C short handle), and I'm working my way through my starter pack of blades. So far, the Derbys and Sharks...

Last Post By: turtle Today, 09:56 PM Go to last post
    Danuhoh

Which boot do you prefer?

Thread Starter: Danuhoh

Looking at these boots but not sure which I prefer: Brown Grain Brown

Last Post By: Freebirth Today, 09:56 PM Go to last post
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.