• LaxinMaximus

There is no available content written by LaxinMaximus
  • Shave Clinic & Newbie Check In

• Recent Activity

mjclark

2011 R41 - The Quest Achieved!

Thread Starter: mjclark

At last I have acquired a 2011 R41 which is one of my Grail razors: It's so funny that it looks nearly identical to the ubiquitous 2013 version and that a couple of mm of the top cap should make such a difference. I'm also surprised to find that the baseplate is a little shorter than the 2013...

Last Post By: mjclark Today, 11:46 AM Go to last post
    MntnMan62

Old Type Razors: USA vs Canada

Thread Starter: MntnMan62

I'm wondering if there is any difference in the way an Old Type shaves depending upon whether it is made in USA or Canada? Thanks.

Last Post By: TobyC Today, 11:46 AM Go to last post
    ASD2rules

A DE beginner's tale

Thread Starter: ASD2rules

As a recent and now religious convert to DE shaving I thought I'd share the story of my experiences so far. Over the last months I have thoroughly enjoyed and gotten inspiration from other folk's stories of their shaving experiences, so here is my journey so far. I have wet shaved for 30 years,...

Last Post By: Hoka Hey Today, 11:44 AM Go to last post
    SBMennen

Taking It Up a Notch PIF

Thread Starter: SBMennen

Since I just closed out my starter set PIF, I thought it would be fun to follow it with a PIF consisting of some items that didn't quite work out as I tried to become a little more advanced in my wet shaving journey. My face didn't agree with these items, but I hope yours will. Since B&B opened my...

Last Post By: plumcrazy74 Today, 11:44 AM Go to last post
    Jeomphroy

1st Time Using a Feather Blade

Thread Starter: Jeomphroy

I have always heard how aggressively sharp these blades are and have held off on trying, but I was running low on Astra SP (favorite blade) and need to order more. Now, I have been shaving with a DE for 6-7 years, and straights for 1-2, so I figured they can't be as different as people say. All the...

Last Post By: captp Today, 11:43 AM Go to last post
    paydepst

What are you listening to?

Thread Starter: paydepst

Hope there isn't another thread like this one already! This week I've been listening to the finest export to come out of Canada since Moosehead lager... Snakes and Arrows by the YYZed lads... RUSH

Last Post By: Lmarkow Today, 11:43 AM Go to last post
    ronweston

SOTD "FREE WEEK" January 23rd - January 29th, 2017

Thread Starter: ronweston

It's a brand new week at SOTD, Gentlemen!!! Once again it is a FREE WEEK! So it's time to loosen your creativity, gentlemen. Please post any photo you chose or contribute by telling us what you used in your shave, with comments on the shave, if you desire.

Last Post By: West Coast Shaving Today, 11:42 AM Go to last post
    nemo

What's in your pocket today?

Thread Starter: nemo

Mine's carrying a Wahl Eversharp Skyline demi and a Pelikan 140

Last Post By: kcore Today, 11:41 AM Go to last post
    cmh737

Chosera 1K Question

Thread Starter: cmh737

I've been using the Chosera 1K for bevel setting. Sometimes I raise a slurry with a diamond plate, sometimes not. Just wondering if anyone ever uses a coticule slurry stone on the Chosera 1K to generate some slurry for bevel setting? Thanks

Last Post By: Razorfaust Today, 11:41 AM Go to last post
    dladuke

A Super Bowl PIF

Thread Starter: dladuke

Hello everyone, I have been a member here for several years. I am more of a lurker than a poster, but I have been the recipient of some fine PIF's as well as other forms of kindness by the good people here. I recently purchased Henri et Victoria's Cognac and Cuban Cigars in both the shaving...

Last Post By: angelbuffguy Today, 11:40 AM Go to last post
Image Gallery provided by DragonByte Gallery (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.