• oldtrout

There is no available content written by oldtrout
  • Shave Clinic & Newbie Check In

• Recent Activity

Fishdog72

Feather AS-D2 and Popular

Thread Starter: Fishdog72

I bought both of these razors and had mixed results shaving with them. I heard that both were mild razors, and that was true with the AS-D2, but I felt a lot of irritation after using the Popular. I used the same routine and feather blade with both. I used Proraso green pre shave underneath my TOBS...

Last Post By: Fishdog72 Today, 02:28 PM Go to last post
    dchalfy

The Muhle R41 Much Blood was shed. Oh yes, blood was shed.

Thread Starter: dchalfy

Greetings to all, I am looking for some advice regarding use of the Muhle R41 razor, or as I have dubbed it, Dr. Lecter. I have been wet shaving for around six months with a modicum of success (coarse beard, sensitive skin on neck), so I decided to get my hands on a Muhle R41 with an iKon...

Last Post By: nuclearblast Today, 02:27 PM Go to last post
    wojciech

Hello from Poland, Cracow

Thread Starter: wojciech

I am wet shaving fan for more than 2 years now, jumped directly from cartridges to straight razor. Almost for 2 years I am experimenting also with j-nats. So far I was just reading b&b and srp forums, finding tons of useful information. Now I don't seek for basic information anymore,...

Last Post By: ross0133 Today, 02:27 PM Go to last post
    ParrotheadJeff

Howdy! 1st DE razors and wet shaves

Thread Starter: ParrotheadJeff

First of all, I'd like to say howdy to everyone! My name's Jeff and I'm brand new to all of this. Oh, I've been a lurker for a while and I've been soaking up info from around the web, but I'm finally checking in here because I wanted to share what I've learned. So far, I've found out a couple of...

Last Post By: ross0133 Today, 02:26 PM Go to last post
    stevecat

Astra SP

Thread Starter: stevecat

I just want to say that I have always been a huge fan of Feather blades and swore by them.. I shaved two days in a row with an Astra SP in two different open comb razors and got very close and smooth shaves both times. The Astras are certainly not as sharp as the Feathers but I must say that I am...

Last Post By: Eeyore Today, 02:25 PM Go to last post
    ncfyrfyter

Razorock Jaws.a bad idea

Thread Starter: ncfyrfyter

I wanted to try an open comb DE that was a little more aggressive than my EJ 89. I checked out the table in Shavewiki listing razors by aggression, and the Jaws looked like a good idea especially for $14.99! I ordered it from the Italian Barber and it arrived Saturday. I let a good two day growth...

Last Post By: ncfyrfyter Today, 02:25 PM Go to last post
    bluemantra

What Aftershave did you use today?

Thread Starter: bluemantra

I used Penhaligon's English Fern AS to celebrate St. Patricks Day.

Last Post By: Aether710 Today, 02:24 PM Go to last post
    stellablade

Hello from Sheffield

Thread Starter: stellablade

At the age of 41 I've finally decided to learn how to shave :lol:. Well, I've wet shaved for 15 years with cartridge blades but as we all know it's a different kettle of fish compared to DE shaving. I actually never had an issue with cartridge blades, especially Fusion. I get a great shave with no...

Last Post By: ross0133 Today, 02:24 PM Go to last post
    Balj86

What's your soap for today?

Thread Starter: Balj86

Theres a long thread on "Whats your Brush for today...?". Don't know if it's been created for shaving soap, but it's worth a shot :biggrin1:! Today I used the almight "MWF!" What did you guys use?

Last Post By: Aether710 Today, 02:23 PM Go to last post
    bluesman 7

My homemade 8/8 smiley

Thread Starter: bluesman 7

This thread was born in the "How Tall is Too Tall' thread and I'm moving it here as to not hijack the other thread. Background: I found my way to this site from a knife forum while looking for info on honing stones some time around August 2013. Got intrigued with the possibility of getting a...

Last Post By: bluesman 7 Today, 02:22 PM Go to last post
By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.