• oldtrout

There is no available content written by oldtrout
  • Shave Clinic & Newbie Check In

• Recent Activity

SilentTuba

TABACtober 2014!

Thread Starter: SilentTuba

I haven't seen a thread for this yet, and October starts tomorrow! Who's in for a month of Tabac goodness???

Last Post By: J3lv4n Today, 02:32 AM Go to last post
    Cornishman

New Braveheart razor!

Thread Starter: Cornishman

Just seen advertised on the "Executive Shaving Company" wesite a new razor called the Braveheart. It has a stainless steel handle. http://www.executive-shaving.co.uk/executive-shaving-braveheart-stainless-steel-handle-safety-razor.php Looks interesting....

Last Post By: perfaddict Today, 02:26 AM Go to last post
    zed117

$8 Antique store find!

Thread Starter: zed117

I have been looking at getting a vintage adjustable Gillette from Ebay for weeks now. Having no luck bidding I was frustrated when my girlfriend wanted to go the Antique store. Seeing everyone else's posts about finds I thought I would try my luck. She just got this today: she offered it to me,...

Last Post By: DaltonGang Today, 02:26 AM Go to last post
    HRsurvives

Favorite YouTube Channel?

Thread Starter: HRsurvives

I got into wet shaving a few months ago through a Google search for a Dollar Shave Club review. In the review, the article mentioned that most affordable shave is a DE shave (oh, were they lying). The article contained a link to matic59's instructional videos. I bought an EJDE89 that night and...

Last Post By: khun_diddy Today, 02:23 AM Go to last post
    Dadygoble

what is j-hooking and buffing ?

Thread Starter: Dadygoble

I posted a thread about shaving ATG shaving and some one refered to buffing and j-hooking and i have no idea what they are.

Last Post By: DaltonGang Today, 02:22 AM Go to last post
    OldeBayRum

I can't believe I waited so long.

Thread Starter: OldeBayRum

...before I finally tried Clubman! So last week I finally made a trip to Atlanta Barber & Beauty Supply (downtown on Mitchell St; bring quarters) and came away with a 6oz bottle of Clubman original aftershave, Lime Sec, and Eau de Quinine (plus a bottle of Tres Flores Brilliantine liquid). I...

Last Post By: khun_diddy Today, 02:19 AM Go to last post
    OldGrowth

Razor Blade Case?

Thread Starter: OldGrowth

Does anyone know where I can get some sort of razor blade case? Not a vintage metal one. I'd like some type of plastic/polymer case. I typically buy blades in the bulk 100 packs, but I travel a lot for work (regionally, driving). I'd like to find a simple and functional way to keep 2-3 blades...

Last Post By: derjoachim Today, 02:19 AM Go to last post
    markg

Big Thanks to doc226

Thread Starter: markg

I like to take this opportunity and publicly acknowledge and thank doc226 for his ongoing and selfless mentoring he has provided for me. Over the last few months he has given me an invaluable advice on straight razors, hones and honing skills. Not to mention that I was able to buy some of his...

Last Post By: Rocco11 Today, 02:18 AM Go to last post
    Vincentchou

Still the problems in neck area

Thread Starter: Vincentchou

Dear all, After several wet-shaves, I think my techniques in dealing with chin, philtrum, and sideburns improves a little. However, there is still problems in dealing with the neck area. I shave for four passes. The first one is with grain, the second is against gran. The third one is from...

Last Post By: DaltonGang Today, 02:12 AM Go to last post
    canadiandude

Yet another newbie!

Thread Starter: canadiandude

Hi everyone, I'm a 49 year old male living in the burbs of Stockholm, Sweden. I've been wet shaving now for approximately one month and have been slowly falling into a good routine as I get better at mapping out my face's hair growth. My first attempt using a Mühle R106 with Feather blades and...

Last Post By: spbosch Today, 02:11 AM Go to last post
By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.