• oldtrout

There is no available content written by oldtrout
  • Shave Clinic & Newbie Check In

• Recent Activity

coase

Of $100,000 razors and DE marketing

Thread Starter: coase

Came across this old thread on the $100,000 DE razor http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/236920-100-000-Razor-Iridium-Handle-Sapphire-Blades http://www.zafirro.com/products/Zafirro-Iridium.html It's obvious that the snob appeal of the razor and its mumbo-jumbo high tech excuse are...

Last Post By: Jerry-built Hustler Today, 01:43 PM Go to last post
    euro

Why are cartridges so expensive?

Thread Starter: euro

I still don't understand this, why are carts (Fusion/M3) so expensive? I could get litteraly 3 shaves from one Fusion cart before it became dull. I mean these DE blades are way cheaper and they provide a better shave AND it's only one razor. lol one beats 5 :lol:

Last Post By: Bushhippi Today, 01:43 PM Go to last post
    Snargle

Splash Recommendations Needed

Thread Starter: Snargle

Hey guys. It's been a while since I've purchased any aftershave splashes, since I had splurged a couple of years ago, but now I'm getting to the point where I need to restock the cabinet. I'm looking for one or two high-quality A/S splashes (alcohol-based) that I haven't tried yet. First off,...

Last Post By: Snargle Today, 01:43 PM Go to last post
    admvalentine

Happy Halloween

Thread Starter: admvalentine

It's still clubman friday right?

Last Post By: tutordennis Today, 01:42 PM Go to last post
    warhawk

YOUR 1st one hundred blade purchase...

Thread Starter: warhawk

Hope all is well with U and your families. I have been enjoying my DE sampler pack that my beautiful wifey got me. So far... my two favorite DE blades are Shark Super Chromes & the Astra SPs. I am glad that Amazon sells a 100 pack of Astra SP for under ten dollars. My next 100 pack will be...

Last Post By: Jarrod Today, 01:42 PM Go to last post
    ShaveDrunk

"Must Have" razors

Thread Starter: ShaveDrunk

Hey gang, I've been shaving with a DE for about two years now, and have only used an Edwin Jagger that I initially got when I started. I just ordered a 1930s Gillette open comb long, and I am excited for its arrival. I have an interest in antique/vintage stuff, and would like to start a nice...

Last Post By: chamm Today, 01:41 PM Go to last post
    MrSmith

Smuggling daydreams into reality - A Pipe Journey

Thread Starter: MrSmith

To me a pipe symbolizes a bygone era; a conscious decision to slow down from the hustle and bustle of today's society; to take a moment ~ to enjoy the moment. Thus is the mindset by which I am approaching my journey into pipes. I also enjoy whisk(e)y, so I will be approaching from that...

Last Post By: MrSmith Today, 01:40 PM Go to last post
    jjgl84

Pure Badger vs. Best Badger

Thread Starter: jjgl84

I watched a video that says the difference between pure and best is pretty big. I have two pure badger brushes (Rooney and Vulfix) and i'm pretty happy with them. I want to buy a badger brush of better grade (wet shaver syndrome) but i don't want to spend any money if the difference isn't there. I...

Last Post By: shevek Today, 01:39 PM Go to last post
    BigBooms

Good afternoon

Thread Starter: BigBooms

Good afternoon everyone, I'm Conrad a fanatical wet shaver from the Northern Territory in Australia. I am definitely a straight razor man much like my father and grandfather. (Good habits are passed on apparently) Though because I travel regularly with work I am often forced resort to a...

Last Post By: Marco Today, 01:39 PM Go to last post
    Balj86

What's your soap for today?

Thread Starter: Balj86

Theres a long thread on "Whats your Brush for today...?". Don't know if it's been created for shaving soap, but it's worth a shot :biggrin1:! Today I used the almight "MWF!" What did you guys use?

Last Post By: 2Deuce2 Today, 01:39 PM Go to last post
By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.