• oldtrout

There is no available content written by oldtrout
  • Shave Clinic & Newbie Check In

• Recent Activity

chongo gordo

Who Likes Slant Razors? I Like Slant Razors!

Thread Starter: chongo gordo

Ok, the title is an exaggeration. My first slant razor was a vintage Merkur, and I wasn't impressed. I prefer slick-looking vintage razors with a bite, and too many of the German slants seemed to have plating issues, and worse, were kinda on the mild side. My second experience with a slant is...

Last Post By: chongo gordo Today, 08:01 PM Go to last post
    surlyduck

Stirling 24mm

Thread Starter: surlyduck

So I just got this brush and it splays like a monster bigger than my 26mm brush I think it would be a great idea to lower the knot in this brush because it actually feels great. What's the probability of streaming the knot out and it not falling apart?

Last Post By: surlyduck Today, 08:01 PM Go to last post
    Joe Namath

Attention Mitchells Wool fat fans!

Thread Starter: Joe Namath

Today I called in to see the nice people at Mitchells Wool Fat Soap in Bradford, West Yorkshire, England. I bought a puck, and they kindly let me take some shots of their premises which may interest their customers. The shelves in reception displayed all their many products. Odd that such...

Last Post By: RaiderSix Today, 08:01 PM Go to last post
    corncakes

Semi Soft Soap Pucks

Thread Starter: corncakes

What is as soft as MW so I can form it easily into my Scone lather Bowl?

Last Post By: cnnc97 Today, 08:01 PM Go to last post
    redslayer8585

Well I bought a lathe.

Thread Starter: redslayer8585

I got a 25% off coupon from harbor freight last week and decided there was nothing better for me to spend my hard earned money on than a lathe. This was my first attempt at a shaving brush handle. Still have alot to learn!

Last Post By: redslayer8585 Today, 08:00 PM Go to last post
    Djwyman

Finally made my first 100pack purchase

Thread Starter: Djwyman

For the past several months I have been trying various blades either by buying a tuck or so of them or I had won the weekly new comer PIF but up until last week I hadn't tried a blade that had me say "oh my god I found my blade!" Then I tried the Gillette silver blues. I used that blade for 6...

Last Post By: jmattmiller Today, 07:59 PM Go to last post
    SteveF

Gillette: 1940's style Super Speed razor vs. Red Tip razor

Thread Starter: SteveF

I have 3 1940's style Gillette Super Speed razors, and as one would expect, they all look and shave exactly the same - (They shave awesomely!). . . What's surprising to me is that (to me) they shave exactly the same as my Gillette Red Tip razor!?!?!? I also have a 1956 standard Gillette Flare...

Last Post By: tankerjohn Today, 07:57 PM Go to last post
    Whisky

Floaters in my Adagio

Thread Starter: Whisky

I have had a bottle of Barrister and Mann Adagio AS for about 4 months now. I just noticed tonight that there is some kind of sediment in the bottle that floats after I shake it up. It's not oil because they're solid when they come out of the bottle. They're not gritty to touch like dirt or sand...

Last Post By: mark1JT Today, 07:55 PM Go to last post
    kelbro

Hold yourself accountable

Thread Starter: kelbro

Alright, we are all adults here and we all appreciate good food. We also all have weaknesses that go against our normally high standards. Like fast food or eating an entire pecan pie or German chocolate cake. Repressing that guilt is not healthy. This post shall create a 'Safe Place' for...

Last Post By: simon1 Today, 07:55 PM Go to last post
    frenchy

Not very impressed with Martin De Candre.

Thread Starter: frenchy

I've been DE shaving for quite a few years. And am no stranger to proper lather prep. I recently got my hands on and tried both MdC fougere and unscented. Got to say I wasn't blown away. They both latherered up very fast and rich. Better than most. But, I felt the protection, cushion and slickness...

Last Post By: hulkman Today, 07:52 PM Go to last post
Image Gallery provided by DragonByte Gallery (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.