• Shave Clinic & Newbie Check In

• Recent Activity

sandstone

I can hear my razor cutting whiskers?

Thread Starter: sandstone

Iíve been DE shaving for two months now and I am happy and content with my progress so far, however I am curious about the sound my razor sometimes makes. Even at an extremely shallow angle I can hear the slightly metallic sound of the blade cutting my whiskers. Any shallower angle and it seems...

Last Post By: sandstone Today, 05:20 PM Go to last post
    Porter Hayes

Opinions on Razorock XXX

Thread Starter: Porter Hayes

Hi all, I'm considering picking up a tub of Razorock XXX because I've heard such great things about it. That being said, I'd like to compare it to soaps that I've already used. In terms of face feel and protectiveness, how would you rate it against Mike's? As for slickness, how would it stack...

Last Post By: raf952 Today, 05:20 PM Go to last post
    eleuther0s

Good, cheap soap or cream

Thread Starter: eleuther0s

I'm sure some of you saw my post from earlier this week, and I apologize once again if this is a duplicate thread, but I just started shaving with a blade about a week and a half ago, namely because I am a student and need to save money. I am looking for a shaving cream or soap that is cheap but...

Last Post By: Aceguy Today, 05:19 PM Go to last post
    goby

SIXTH ANNUAL "One Blade in February" Challenge

Thread Starter: goby

It's that time of year. Time for the world famous "One Blade in February" Challenge!!! Last year we again had 20+ participants. In the first year many used the Personna 74 blade. The next four years participants used "mortal" blades, like Derbies, Dorcos, Feathers, and Lions. It shocking how...

Last Post By: TheVez2 Today, 05:19 PM Go to last post
    justino_14

What is your favorite mild razor?

Thread Starter: justino_14

I would say I prefer mild to aggressive, but not so mild that I have to do a lot of passes to get all the hairs. Mine right now would have to be EJ DE89 and it was my first razor too. If you're into mild razors, what's your favorite?

Last Post By: dionesius3 Today, 05:18 PM Go to last post
    langlois

Ebay catch.

Thread Starter: langlois

Hi guys, i receive my pipe lots today and i tough i could share with you. It contain 14 pipes, from different maker. 10x Blatter Bros from Montréal, 1x Peterson, 1x Hilson, 1xKirsten, 1xGigi. I was looking to buy a Blatters pipe and i found this lot, i win the bid at 50$usd. I will try...

Last Post By: captaincaveman Today, 05:18 PM Go to last post
    Lakebound

Honing PIF for new SR users 2015: 12 months, 12 straight razors honed.

Thread Starter: Lakebound

I have been given a great deal here on B&B since my beginnings getting into wet shaving. Like most, I started with the DE and this past year (2/2014) I started my straight razor shaving and honing journey. Many experienced members here have shared their experience and knowledge with me. Others have...

Last Post By: Obiwan Today, 05:18 PM Go to last post
    dsullyv

Merkur Futur comes tomorrow!

Thread Starter: dsullyv

Hey everyone, Been DE shaving for about 3-4 months now I would guess. Started out with a horrible utopia long handle razor from amazon. It was super aggressive, and uneven! Since got my Merkur 34c for Xmas and have been loving it. Although once I got the hang of the angle and everything I've...

Last Post By: dpm802 Today, 05:18 PM Go to last post
    DoctorShavegood

Texas Red Chili Recipe

Thread Starter: DoctorShavegood

I thought I would post a chili recipe that is totally different than what you probably make and eat now. It has no tomatoes or beans in the sauce. Its a very traditional old way of making chili. The finished product has a very bold beef and pepper flavor. Not for the timid. It's not a hot recipe...

Last Post By: oc_in_fw Today, 05:17 PM Go to last post
    Zach

Blind straight razor shaver from Washington State!

Thread Starter: Zach

Hi! Iíve been reading various B&B threads and articles for about two years now and am finally joining as a participant. I am totally blind from berth, but have been straight-razor shaving cut-free for about 2 months now (8 if you count practice with a shavette.) I donít usually brag about these...

Last Post By: robs001 Today, 05:15 PM Go to last post
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.