• jones2289

There is no available content written by jones2289
  • Shave Clinic & Newbie Check In

• Recent Activity

Wid

More cast iron

Thread Starter: Wid

Picked up a few pieces of cast today. One is a #8 fully marked Victor, another is a #6 good health then a nice BSR 2qt sauce pan. I don't see the sauce pans very often so it was a good find.

Last Post By: dpm802 Today, 09:30 PM Go to last post
    Edcculus

Where to find discontinued shoe, or very similar style

Thread Starter: Edcculus

A few years ago I bought a pair of Clarks Shaler boots in brown. Here is a link to see what they look like: http://www.bullrunboots.com/closeouts/casual/clarks-shaler-mens-casual-shoes-82177-in-stock-p-8338.html I love these boots. They go just above the ankle, and are great for everything....

Last Post By: Edcculus Today, 09:30 PM Go to last post
    EvanS

Blade sampler order

Thread Starter: EvanS

Okay so here the deal...brand new to DE shaving and I'm going to use the bluebirds that came with my Lord L6 until I get my technique down. Howe et I jumped the gun and bought a 7 pack sampler. It contains: 5 FEATHER Hi-Stainless 5 BLUEBIRD 5 DERBY 5 ASTRA Superior Platinum 5 7 O'clock...

Last Post By: Jeff_H Today, 09:28 PM Go to last post
    xserror

Shavers in areas of difficult supply

Thread Starter: xserror

Hi A short description of my issue follows. I'm curious if others have similar issues, and if/how they got around it. I live in Norway and live close to (and work in) the capital, which is also our largest. Normally I'd think the larger the city, the easier to find any given niche store. ...

Last Post By: StillShaving Today, 09:27 PM Go to last post
    knightmare1015

Proraso White Review:

Thread Starter: knightmare1015

Well this will be my last review of Proraso's shaving products and it's not good. I'll give it 2 out of 5 stars and I won't be buying any of their products ever again which includes their aftershaves and balms. Last week I ordered alot of stuff from both shavenation.com and westcoastshaving.com and...

Last Post By: NavyShave Today, 09:26 PM Go to last post
    godlike

Pharmacy witch hazel

Thread Starter: godlike

Does anyone use witch hazel from there local pharmacy or is it Thayers for most? I was in there buying some rubbing alcohol for post shave razor maintenance and bought a bottle of witch hazel. Its difficult to purchase Thayers for me as none of the local sites to me (Toronto area, so...

Last Post By: inspiringK Today, 09:25 PM Go to last post
    cegadede

What Acqua di Parma fragrance goes with the AdP shaving cream (old formula)

Thread Starter: cegadede

Hello, I love the scent of the old formulation of the AdP colezione barbiere shaving cream. Is there a AdP cologne with the same of very similar smell? Thanks.

Last Post By: Zombeezy Today, 09:25 PM Go to last post
    yamaha0343

Tried a Feather blade today.

Thread Starter: yamaha0343

...and lived to tell about it! :biggrin1: I just recently more than doubled my shave den today with a purchase from the B&B Shave Mall. (Thanks realdog4!) I picked up a Merkur 38C, a Cadet open comb, and the seller included a tub from The New York Shaving Co. and a pack of Feathers. My go to...

Last Post By: JasonNYM Today, 09:24 PM Go to last post
    cleanshaved

Lamb Brains

Thread Starter: cleanshaved

I have not had Lamb Brains in about a year. Lamb Brain Fritters is a treat I enjoy every now and then for breakfast. I put the brains in a pot of water and simmered for approx 15 minutes. Then removed, mashed them up a bit and let them cool. While they were boiling, I made a simple batter. 1...

Last Post By: mretzloff Today, 09:23 PM Go to last post
    kbee

My 13 yo daughter wants a pocket knife

Thread Starter: kbee

She wants to be the one on Christmas who helps everyone with the difficult to open packages. I am excited to get to show her the proper use and safety, but would like a few recommendations. we are not campers/boaters $60 or less something she can use for a long time. fit easily in pocket or...

Last Post By: cottontop Today, 09:22 PM Go to last post
By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.