• RailroadMan

There is no available content written by RailroadMan
  • Shave Clinic & Newbie Check In

• Recent Activity

Trent

What's your guys' procedures when you cut yourself?

Thread Starter: Trent

OK, so this has happened twice within the past week, today a little bit worse than before. But what do you guys do if you cut yourself mid shave? Just apply more lather over the bleeding opening and continue as normal? I stopped to apply some pressure with some TP but that didn't seem to really...

Last Post By: RunFoxRun Today, 08:46 AM Go to last post
    JVasky

Anyone play any musical instruments?

Thread Starter: JVasky

Hey guys, Music is a huge part of my life and I've been playing music for close to 15 years. Was just wondering if anyone here plays any instruments? Pluck a little acoustic guitar? Love your Fender? Heavenly on harp? For those of you who don't, is there something you wish you could play? ...

Last Post By: YuriZhivago Today, 08:46 AM Go to last post
    BooksMan

Proraso Preshave

Thread Starter: BooksMan

Two questions: 1) My jar is starting to run out, and I'm thinking is it really worth it to get more. Did anyone stop using it and just go straight to lathering and not really notice much difference? Has anyone noticed a big difference? 2) Amazon has three different pages and prices for the...

Last Post By: Glaze3 Today, 08:45 AM Go to last post
    Jarick

2014 Gentelmanly Restraint Until Summer (GRU-Summer)

Thread Starter: Jarick

For those who don't want to participate in the big yearly restraint, we are doing smaller seasonal restraint threads. Since the Spring restraint is just about over, we are opening registration up for the next round. What I found in my first sabbatical was that I was focused more on using up...

Last Post By: jjking54 Today, 08:45 AM Go to last post
    Bordcla

TI Razors Don't Stay Sharp for Long - Help?

Thread Starter: Bordcla

I find that my razors (two TI Special C 5/8 and a reworked Gold Dollar that gets really sharp when well honed) really don't stay sharp for very long. One very good shave. A second good one, and a third one where things degrade from start go finish, to the point where the razor pulls more than it...

Last Post By: Brooksie967 Today, 08:45 AM Go to last post
    biggmikey1

Burt's Bees Bay Rum

Thread Starter: biggmikey1

Has anybody tried this now discontinued shave soap?

Last Post By: MMMM Today, 08:45 AM Go to last post
    Northern Bob

Question for E-Bay Sellers

Thread Starter: Northern Bob

I am curious as to why a seller would use Customs Clearance and Tracking Provided service? From previous experience none of these used razors would be dutiable. There would be no duty to be paid on my end. My question is why would I pay these charges up front? This has kept me from bidding...

Last Post By: CDK20007 Today, 08:44 AM Go to last post
    speltrong

D/E noob paralyzed by brush choices

Thread Starter: speltrong

Hi all I finally decided to take the plunge and see how much better shaving with a non-cartridge razor could be. I ended up getting a Merkur 23C with Feather Platinum blades which I've now used twice with Jack Black Beard Lube in the shower. Best shave to date, but still not as smooth and...

Last Post By: Joe Geo Today, 08:44 AM Go to last post
    Mr_Fuggles

First time using the Slim today

Thread Starter: Mr_Fuggles

Hey guys, Used my Slim for the first time with a new Astra SP. Slim was set for 3. Overall, a nice shave, VERY mild....set at 3 I found it to be milder than my SS Flare Tip and even my Techs. I think I might dial it up to 5 or 6 next time. The mildness caused me to be a bit careless,...

Last Post By: dweebs0r Today, 08:43 AM Go to last post
    DoctorShavegood

What is Your Worst Piece of Shaving Equipment?

Thread Starter: DoctorShavegood

All of us have something in our collection that just doesn't work. It could be a soap, cream, razor, blade or balm. Well, the question is; are you going to sell it, chunk it, or fix it? I'll go first. I just can't get my Gold Gillette Tech to shave very well. It pulls and tugs and fights and...

Last Post By: Badmedicine Today, 08:43 AM Go to last post
By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.