• retrolike

There is no available content written by retrolike
  • Shave Clinic & Newbie Check In

• Recent Activity

Phog Allen

Fresh Haircut - Vintage/College Contour. Looks Great.

Thread Starter: Phog Allen

Gents, I had been in dire need of a good hot weather haircut. I'd let my hair get way too long and shaggy and in this infernal summer heat and humidity in cattle country, I was at the point of misery. I knew I wanted a fairly tight fade from top of ear to side of crown and needed a photo to...

Last Post By: Phog Allen Today, 01:35 AM Go to last post
    SeabeeRob213

Just got my new brush

Thread Starter: SeabeeRob213

Stirling badger(they advertise it as finest badger) did a quick cleaning of it. Hand soap, shampoo, Stirling bar soap, shampoo, Stirling bar soap, then a good healthy load up of the fat, too a face lather. This thing exploded with lather, best shave yet. To be fair though, it did get to soak in my...

Last Post By: SeabeeRob213 Today, 01:31 AM Go to last post
    rfn379

Got my first Simpson brush

Thread Starter: rfn379

After thinking about it for quite some time I finally pulled the trigger on getting a Simpson Duke 3 in Best Badger to add to my otherwise modest brush collection. It's kind of a belated Father's Day gift and I am really excited to get it. It should be arriving tomorrow and I can't wait to use it....

Last Post By: 1Vader Today, 01:22 AM Go to last post
    jonwilson

how long do you need to soak boar brushes for?

Thread Starter: jonwilson

5 minutes? is it better to soak a boar in warm/hot water for a few minutes or can you just wet it quickly and than use it? Also, is there a quick way to remove the pig smell from a boar brush? I hear some say use vinegar or lather up your brush and keep the lather in for a day and than rinse. Any...

Last Post By: 1Vader Today, 01:20 AM Go to last post
    FarmerTan

Dollar store double edged blades

Thread Starter: FarmerTan

Being the frugal (okay, cheap) soul that I am, I bought some dollar store no name blades, 5 for a buck, and am amazed at how well they did the job. Close, smooth, sharp. I nicked myself under my nose, but it wasn't the blade. Completely user error..... or the caffeine! Anyway, anyone else get a...

Last Post By: YKMV Today, 01:19 AM Go to last post
    beginish

What's Your Brush Today?

Thread Starter: beginish

Rooney Heritage Victorian bowl lathering Cade Soap

Last Post By: 1Vader Today, 01:17 AM Go to last post
    wazza

Show us your camp stove

Thread Starter: wazza

I do not have a great deal of experience with camping, shameful I know :) but I'm hoping to rectify this in the future. I have a boy on the way, so I'm wanting to go camping, build fires and convince my son that I know what I'm doing ;) Well I've bought a cheapy stove from China for a fiver, which...

Last Post By: wazza Today, 01:13 AM Go to last post
    TheVez2

A Call for data on the Weck Sextoblade for the Wiki

Thread Starter: TheVez2

Hey guys, I'm trying to do some research on the Weck family of shavette style razors. This includes the Sextoblade, Bantam, hair shaper and corn razors. The end goal of my data collection is to make an entry for these great razors in the ShaveWiki. I am looking for your help. Good data on...

Last Post By: PLANofMAN Today, 01:09 AM Go to last post
    Balj86

What's your soap for today?

Thread Starter: Balj86

Theres a long thread on "Whats your Brush for today...?". Don't know if it's been created for shaving soap, but it's worth a shot :biggrin1:! Today I used the almight "MWF!" What did you guys use?

Last Post By: Rob2379 Today, 01:08 AM Go to last post
    auk1124

How international were you today?

Thread Starter: auk1124

I think these threads are interesting. Today I visited: 1. Germany (Speick bath soap) 2. Canada (NatureClean shampoo) 3. Czech Republic (Spokar brush) 4. United Kingdom (Harris Almond ss) 5. India (Parker razor) 6. South Korea (Dorco blade) 7. ? Middle East (Tulumba alum block) 8....

Last Post By: bayercy Today, 01:07 AM Go to last post
Image Gallery provided by DragonByte Gallery (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.