• retrolike

There is no available content written by retrolike
  • Shave Clinic & Newbie Check In

• Recent Activity

ccpastork

Wood Bowl Finish Question

Thread Starter: ccpastork

I picked up this vintage bowl about a month ago and yesterday put in a puck of TOBS and used it. This morning I discovered the bowl was leaching brown finish/residue into the soap. So I scrubbed it again with Dawn dish soap, but I am concerned it will leach again. Does anyone with experience...

Last Post By: sandstone Today, 08:43 AM Go to last post
    Mr Daniel

Shaving on a Cruise

Thread Starter: Mr Daniel

Quick question someone may know. I'm going on a Royal Caribbean cruise in a week. I've never been on a cruise so I don't know how strict their policies are and how often they don't know their own policies. I looked it up and it actually specified that safety razors are allowed. Has anyone ever...

Last Post By: KennyB59 Today, 08:42 AM Go to last post
    Wiwicks

Strop remedy

Thread Starter: Wiwicks

Oh B&B, my B&B...I've gone and knicked my strop. nothing significant, but it was enough to make the very top layer start to peel off a little. Its a brand new strop, used <20x's. I've heard sandpaper to smooth it out, but how do I know what grit, or how much is too much sanding? Can you offer...

Last Post By: Jnatcat Today, 08:41 AM Go to last post
    johnniegold

My Guess... 3017

Thread Starter: johnniegold

Over the course of the last year I have been concentrating on using and finishing product. I have been going through aftershaves, colognes and shaving creams and sold off most of the excess. But the soaps... well, I just like them all and don't want to unload them. Over the last several months I...

Last Post By: snowman Today, 08:37 AM Go to last post
    ronweston

SOTD "FREE WEEK" September 26th - October 2nd, 2016

Thread Starter: ronweston

Welcome to a new week of SOTD!!! This is another FREE WEEK! Post any photo you chose or contribute by telling us what you used in your shave. Let your creativity flow!

Last Post By: Jnatcat Today, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    cvargo

TABACtober 2016!

Thread Starter: cvargo

Well it is that time of year again... I love TABACtober. So here are the sign-ups. Let us know if you are in, and how often you commit to using this wonderful soap that many say is the best out there! Me personally I will Tabac every day the soap and aftershave, except when I take my family...

Last Post By: Peter_A Today, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    California Cajun

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Thread Starter: California Cajun

Henckles 3/8"

Last Post By: Jnatcat Today, 08:35 AM Go to last post
    Teppanyaki

PIF vs passaround ?

Thread Starter: Teppanyaki

I'm almost to the point where I need to clear out a bunch of shaving stuff (some razors, razor heads, some shaving creams and samples, et cetera). My vision is to throw everything into a box which then goes from person to person, with each person trying out what they like/possibly keeping some of...

Last Post By: LRose Today, 08:34 AM Go to last post
    Vincentchou

How do you think about Haslinger Schafmilch vs. Tabac

Thread Starter: Vincentchou

I tried to like Haslinger Schafmilch more, but it is a bit hard for me. These two soaps are face to face competitors. I find I can not load Haslinger Schafmilch as easy as Tabac. Moreover, I can not get a slick lather from Haslinger Schafmilch. Please give me some advices. Thanks a lot.

Last Post By: margor64peroez Today, 08:33 AM Go to last post
    birdsong

Cold River Soap Works new stuff!

Thread Starter: birdsong

Got my email newsletter from CRSW. Looks like they are bringing back Spiced Amber, Bay Rum and Jardin d'Orange shave soaps and matching lotions for the fall. I'm interested to see Larry's take on Bay Rum and I might give the new Replenish aftershave a try. Heck, who am I kidding, I'll get a Spiced...

Last Post By: jackamo Today, 08:32 AM Go to last post
Image Gallery provided by DragonByte Gallery (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.