• retrolike

There is no available content written by retrolike
  • Shave Clinic & Newbie Check In

• Recent Activity

Rumpled

newbie signing on!

Thread Starter: Rumpled

New guy here - been shaving for about 59 years. My folks used to own a mom and pop store in philly and my granddad broke me in on Yardley soap (in a bowl) and Old Spice soap (in the glass mug). Yardley after shave was my preferred stuff. If I'd known that Yardley was going to go belly I would...

Last Post By: coyotewhisper Today, 04:23 AM Go to last post
    LuebkeParker

Hi new member checking in

Thread Starter: LuebkeParker

I have been wet shaving now for two months. I started off with a van der hagen boar brush and soap and bowl with a micro touch DE. I was getting good shaves. The more i read articales here the more things i wanted to aquire. So I purchased a blade sampler pack. A edwin jagger DE, TOBS sandlle wood...

Last Post By: coyotewhisper Today, 04:22 AM Go to last post
    bluemantra

What Aftershave did you use today?

Thread Starter: bluemantra

I used Penhaligon's English Fern AS to celebrate St. Patricks Day.

Last Post By: coyotewhisper Today, 04:21 AM Go to last post
    Balj86

What's your soap for today?

Thread Starter: Balj86

Theres a long thread on "Whats your Brush for today...?". Don't know if it's been created for shaving soap, but it's worth a shot :biggrin1:! Today I used the almight "MWF!" What did you guys use?

Last Post By: Pebcak Today, 04:20 AM Go to last post
    PrimalSomething

Newbie from Cali, checking in!

Thread Starter: PrimalSomething

Greetings everyone, Been lurking on B&B for a little while and finally signed up. I'm new to the game (only about 4 months experience) of DE's. So far my set up is small but growing. I'm really getting that itch every time I open my web browser. :lol: So far I have two DE razors, one...

Last Post By: coyotewhisper Today, 04:20 AM Go to last post
    BigBooms

Good afternoon

Thread Starter: BigBooms

Good afternoon everyone, I'm Conrad a fanatical wet shaver from the Northern Territory in Australia. I am definitely a straight razor man much like my father and grandfather. (Good habits are passed on apparently) Though because I travel regularly with work I am often forced resort to a...

Last Post By: coyotewhisper Today, 04:20 AM Go to last post
    wetshaveballard

New Wet Shaver checking in.

Thread Starter: wetshaveballard

I have used a safety razor in the past, so not everything is new to me. But now I have gone all in with everything I need. I am still learning the right technique but so far I am improving each time. My shaving equipment is a EJ 87, Omega 10049, and C.O. Bigelow. Can't wait to try more stuff in the...

Last Post By: coyotewhisper Today, 04:19 AM Go to last post
    thriveoclockshadow

Site and DE Shaving Newbie, reporting!

Thread Starter: thriveoclockshadow

Greetings one and all. I used to cartridge shave many moons ago, but for the last several years, my job and life have been so casual that nary a blade has touched my skin -- only guard-free trimmers to give me that "i can't bother to fully shave" look. I tell you: there's nothing like being...

Last Post By: coyotewhisper Today, 04:19 AM Go to last post
    awking1987

Newbie at decision time

Thread Starter: awking1987

I've used Gillette razors since I started shaving so more than 10 years now. I've tried every kind it seems like but have constant irritation on my neck and breakouts. It was pretty bad while I was in the military shaving every day so now that I'm out I don't shave much because of these problems....

Last Post By: coyotewhisper Today, 04:18 AM Go to last post
    Marco

Dirt cheap wet shaving

Thread Starter: Marco

Wet shaving has been described as an Art, a manly ritual, a return to the wisdom of our fathers and grandfathers. However you describe it, itís certain that, when properly done from skilled hands, it is a very enjoyable experience and can truly give a wonderful, close, comfortable shave. But letís...

Last Post By: jansob Today, 04:17 AM Go to last post
By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.