• retrolike

There is no available content written by retrolike
  • Shave Clinic & Newbie Check In

• Recent Activity

DrAwkward

Raised Flat Bottom family reunion

Thread Starter: DrAwkward

Welcome to the Raised Flat Bottom (RFB) family reunion! Unfortunately, not everyone is here yet. Only six members have shown up out of at least nine or ten. Perhaps other B&Bers can help round up the absent cousins. As some of you know, I love the RFB razors and consider them to be among the...

Last Post By: DCRIII Today, 08:47 PM Go to last post
    GBinOZ

The History of Multiple Pass Shaving

Thread Starter: GBinOZ

I was browsing some threads on how many passes members make when I came across this comment by bladebuff: "According to my Father back in the old day 40's, 50's or so, one pass and touch ups was a normal shave. When I told him guys do 3 or even 4 passes, he commented "why would you do that,...

Last Post By: Ducati Scotty Today, 08:47 PM Go to last post
    Cksnffr

Wax dots: Why?

Thread Starter: Cksnffr

I've used a few types of blades that don't have any wax dots on them. I think everyone agrees the dots are annoying, and I find waxless blades safer to unwrap and handle. So: Why do most blades have wax dots in the first place?

Last Post By: malocchio Today, 08:46 PM Go to last post
    SirRoy

What shave equipment did you buy today

Thread Starter: SirRoy

I purchased this fine classic arko Cream for razor Burns love the smell

Last Post By: scorpionking Today, 08:45 PM Go to last post
    aephilli

Remember that old barber's book a while.

Thread Starter: aephilli

... back that said to treat a strop with urine? Well, today I sanded some strops and the spot where a great big drop of sweat fell on one is smoothing up faster than the rest of it as I bone and oil it. Maybe the salts and acids help cure the leather?

Last Post By: yakster Today, 08:45 PM Go to last post
    SpaceCadet1

Veg has arrived

Thread Starter: SpaceCadet1

My wife stopped home on her lunch hour and found the package with Lilac Vegetal. Her initial response seemed mixed. :laugh: Not all bad, but not good either. Her thoughts: "It smells specifically like my grandparent's blue bathroom. Just like old timey bathroom cleaner, old man smell, and...

Last Post By: DCRIII Today, 08:45 PM Go to last post
    speas

No guard DE?

Thread Starter: speas

I saw this on etsy - perhaps its been posted previously but I couldnt find it. It has the "industry leading open strait razor head" (hah). I wonder how many folks pick this up thinking its a standard DE and cant make it work. ...

Last Post By: Gytis Today, 08:45 PM Go to last post
    abhikpr

New barrister and Mann 42

Thread Starter: abhikpr

Hey guys so I saw their limited edition soap where they are only making 140 or something like that. So I am reading the scent profile and am at loss of words. What is the scent on this? Lol I bought it but I'm unsure what I bought. It's limited edition and from barrister and Mann. Enough said.

Last Post By: FoolishMortal Today, 08:44 PM Go to last post
    mr_eleven

A PIF for you, Mr Lurker !

Thread Starter: mr_eleven

I thought it would be nice to see if an unnamed lurker would like to come out from under the shrubbery to try and win a very nice shave kit. The only real rule is that you must have a B&B join date no earlier than May 25, 2015, and a post count of 12 or less when you post your interest to be...

Last Post By: FoolishMortal Today, 08:41 PM Go to last post
    alex2363

Who can name movies or TV shows that have shaving scenes.

Thread Starter: alex2363

Let's see how movies or TV shows there are that have safety razor d/e shaving scenes. Name the movie/tv show and if possible, the d/e razor being used...lets see how many we can find.:thumbup::thumbup1::w00t:

Last Post By: esswun Today, 08:41 PM Go to last post
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.