• retrolike

There is no available content written by retrolike
  • Shave Clinic & Newbie Check In

• Recent Activity

cathdeacon

This Tuesday is FAT Tuesday

Thread Starter: cathdeacon

Gentlemen: I propose that we join in with all those Mardi Gras celebrations by having one of our own on Fat Tuesday, by of course, using MWF for our shave that day. In times past, since every day of Lent was a day of abstinence (except Sundays) every household consumed and removed from their...

Last Post By: P911 Today, 11:00 PM Go to last post
    chillywilly

New to a Gillette NEW

Thread Starter: chillywilly

I picked up a NEW SC. It was in rough shape. Gold plate and lacquer missing here and there. I gave it a thorough cleaning(no more plating or lacquer). I use a Super Speed. I wanted to see how the NEW compared. First impressions: More aggressive it than my SS. A very close shaver. Really...

Last Post By: taskmaster86 Today, 10:59 PM Go to last post
    GOB Bluth

Van Der Haagen Brush - Shedding Normal?

Thread Starter: GOB Bluth

I have a Van Der Haagan Brush that I got from Target about 5-6 months ago. It did its normal shedding but still sheds, at least 5 hairs each day every time I shave. Is this normal? What brush should I get next?

Last Post By: johnsi02 Today, 10:54 PM Go to last post
    Steelerfan

Is Gillette Finally Getting It?

Thread Starter: Steelerfan

At my local Hyvee supermarket, hanging there was a 3-pack Gillette Platinum Plus DE blades for $2.49. The blades are made in Brazil. I know that the Gillette Russian blades get very good reviews, has anyone tried their Brazilian made blades? Will we see more of the Gillette DE blades on shelves?...

Last Post By: Cash_Stronomer Today, 10:52 PM Go to last post
    camorgan

PIF Feather blades (8 packs/40 blades)

Thread Starter: camorgan

Tried these out, they eat me alive. Tore into me in a manner normally reserved for my girlfriend. Best haiku about shaving gets them. Let's give it, hmmm, 3 days.

Last Post By: TexFlood Today, 10:50 PM Go to last post
    Intrigued

Hunted by a Sniper Team, It's a Good Thing

Thread Starter: Intrigued

Expecting to hear from a member today, initially I wasn't too surprised to see a pm pop-up.... that is until I saw the title. "There is a target on your back....". :blink: Then I opened it to read:

Last Post By: oc_in_fw Today, 10:50 PM Go to last post
    jwhite

Cigar Of The Day (COTD)

Thread Starter: jwhite

Well yesterday actually:biggrin1: I had a smallish cigar about 36-38 ring gauge or so that my mother rolled for me on her last trip to Puerto Rico. Think a corona but just a bit thicker. Sweet finish as many Puerto Rican cigars seem to. I've had better, but not as much fun!

Last Post By: yakster Today, 10:45 PM Go to last post
    eleuther0s

PIF clearing out the den (again)

Thread Starter: eleuther0s

Hi guys, I know it seems like I just did a PIF but I made several large shave related purchases recently thanks to my tax refund being a lot more than I expected (I know, it's just money the government has been allowed to hold onto interest-free, but I digress). In order to make room, I'm clearing...

Last Post By: cerna348 Today, 10:42 PM Go to last post
    nelamvr6

Hi, my name is Nat, and I'm a brushaholic

Thread Starter: nelamvr6

OK, I admit it, I may have a problem. I love shaving brushes. Now, I can justify my obsession to a certain extent because I do have to be presentable, and that involves shaving. But I probably don't need 10 brushes. And right now I have 5 brushes with 5 incoming... To me, the biggest...

Last Post By: Merle Today, 10:42 PM Go to last post
    paolo malinverno

Heljestrand help

Thread Starter: paolo malinverno

Hi everybody, I'm an Helje enthusiast, and started one and half years ago to collect them. Now I came across a model who seems older than usual: tang is fat and a little barreled, spine is prismatic with large slopes; blade is surely worn-out but looks different. Size of scales is like 32 model,...

Last Post By: Polarbeard Today, 10:40 PM Go to last post
Image Gallery provided by DragonByte Gallery (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.