• MurphysLaw

There is no available content written by MurphysLaw
  • Shave Clinic & Newbie Check In

• Recent Activity

itsdavetime

Proraso. Which one?

Thread Starter: itsdavetime

I've been reading this forum for a while and enjoy all of the reviews, tips, etc.. Currently I used Kiehls Blue Eagle shave cream and it works good for me. I have no irritation from it at all (although I have to shave every other day since I have pretty sensitive skin when shaving too often). ...

Last Post By: hickey92 Today, 07:32 AM Go to last post
    mikeal

Fan or bulb

Thread Starter: mikeal

So I'm finally going to purchase a high end brush. After much debate, research here, and asking around, I decided on a shavemac DO1 knot, 25mm in a custom handle Rudy Vey is making for me. The only remaining question is whether I want a fan knot or bulb knot. I lean towards fan, but probably...

Last Post By: RVshave Today, 07:32 AM Go to last post
    Oscroft

Real or fake?

Thread Starter: Oscroft

I like Joseph Rodgers razors, and I just bought the following on eBay... Why might it be a fake? Well, there's no star and cross trademark, and there's no crown with the "GR" stamp. And if you believe the company's blurb from the 19th century, people were faking their products all the...

Last Post By: life2short1971 Today, 07:31 AM Go to last post
    warhawk

Blacked out in a good way today. . .

Thread Starter: warhawk

Hi Gents: I hope all is well with you and your families. Today I received my cerakoted graphite black Weber Bulldog Handle. Our very own Jnyost aka Jared from EAC Concepts cerakoted my Weber Bulldog Handle. It arrived today and pics do not give Jared's work any justice. I want to thank...

Last Post By: warhawk Today, 07:31 AM Go to last post
    tmartin89

What did you learn from your last shave?

Thread Starter: tmartin89

I think whether a newbie or an experienced shaver, you should always learn something from every shave, no matter what it is. So, I guess i'll start. Today I learned not to get greedy looking for a BBS shave, and that a 2 pass with clean ups is enough for a DFS.

Last Post By: 01HDFXD Today, 07:30 AM Go to last post
    Lomoru

Why does face lathering need backbone?

Thread Starter: Lomoru

I've been infected with a little bit of the B.A.D. sniffles lately and have been inspecting reviews and threads for boar, horse hair, and synthetic brushes. Something that's standing out to me that I don't understand is the almost universal "requirement" for face lathering brushes to have lots and...

Last Post By: RVshave Today, 07:30 AM Go to last post
    kevdogg329

What part of the DE shave are you fine tuning?

Thread Starter: kevdogg329

I was preparing my shave last night in my Missiion/Fatip hybrid (Mission Handle+cap, and fatip base plate) and was thinking that I may have found my new favorite razor. I am not working on the blade combination for this setup. Have my blades for the regular mission and my rubie/techs. My...

Last Post By: Atalk Today, 07:29 AM Go to last post
    noahpictures

Honing 101

Thread Starter: noahpictures

Please share your basic honing tips here to take the mystery out of the process for members that are learning to hone. I'll go first. I found the following two photos by B&B member Seraphim (Craig) educational. The two photos demonstrate how pressure affects the same piece of chalk when...

Last Post By: njtnjt Today, 07:29 AM Go to last post
    Gaines09

Stlrling and Barrister & Mann Reviews-A Series

Thread Starter: Gaines09

Well today was a great day in my house hold lol. I received two packages, one being from Stirling soaps and the other being from Barrister & Mann. For right now I will post a pic, but as the time goes on I will use this thread to post my reviews of the soaps and how I rate the scents. I will...

Last Post By: Gaines09 Today, 07:27 AM Go to last post
    omar201

my birthday is coming, I need a new soap!

Thread Starter: omar201

Hi, I'm not a expert in soaps, but my girlfriend ask me: What you want for you birthday? me: A new shaving soap GF: What shaving soap? me: A new one GF: What shaving soap you want!!! just give me a name!!!:angry::angry::angry: me: Ok! let me think about =========

Last Post By: mc3533 Today, 07:27 AM Go to last post
By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.