• cb91710

There is no available content written by cb91710
  • Shave Clinic & Newbie Check In

• Recent Activity

BigFoot

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

Thread Starter: BigFoot

From now on let's try to post all new acquisitions in this thread. That way everyone will be able to easily find them. :001_tt1:

Last Post By: Mlee Today, 03:12 PM Go to last post
    Cksnffr

If tallow is so great .

Thread Starter: Cksnffr

Almost all of my favorite artisan soaps use tallow. I find most non-tallow artisan soaps disappointing, at least in terms of actual shave performance. So why are almost all the elite-tier factory soaps made without tallow? To wit: ABC XPEC Saponifico Varesino SMN I Coloniali PC Nuavia

Last Post By: Lmarkow Today, 03:10 PM Go to last post
    Mitaccio

Regent or Aristocrat?

Thread Starter: Mitaccio

At an antique store just outside Zion's National Park today I found this razor. Case is a Regent. The razor appears to be a mismatched '41 Aristocrat, but I'd like some help being sure. The razor does not have end caps and the bar doesn't have the notch, so I know it's pre-WWII. But inside of...

Last Post By: BSAGuy Today, 03:04 PM Go to last post
    kyproset

Newbie checking in.

Thread Starter: kyproset

Hello gentlemen, allow me to introduce myself. I'm a newbie in DE shaving and I found a lot of useful articles in this wonderful site which I have been exploring for the past two weeks. I'm 54 years old and I live in Cyprus. I use to work in Marketing but with the economic crisis, I had to take...

Last Post By: kyproset Today, 03:03 PM Go to last post
    riverstyxxx

The Best Way To Use Williams!

Thread Starter: riverstyxxx

Williams shaving soap is really nice. It has a good scent, it's cheap, it dates back about 200 years, but it's also very hard and requires a 10-minute soak in hot water for an easy lather. So here's what I did: Grind it up with a cheese grater, smoosh it into a bowl best as possible, then add...

Last Post By: August West Today, 03:03 PM Go to last post
    Red Rider

Machined my first SS razor handle and espresso tampers.

Thread Starter: Red Rider

Made my first razor handle with the help of a machinist student at son's college. SS razor handle and two Goliath espresso tampers.

Last Post By: BSAGuy Today, 03:01 PM Go to last post
    tommet

Maggard OC v2 Arrived

Thread Starter: tommet

And I'm very happy with it. Just finished shaving with the Leather and Tobacco soap and aftershave. Only did a two pass, but it shaved very well. The open comb is definitely a different feeling than closed. I'm not thinking it shaves any better for me and my beard, but it is different. Fit...

Last Post By: Penknight Today, 02:59 PM Go to last post
    Chango

Rank the True Reasons Why You are into Wet Shaving (Be Honest)

Thread Starter: Chango

I know that the “it’s cheaper than cartridge shaving” issue is always thrown out there as a reason to switch to wet shaving. But honestly, so far I spend more on DE shaving than on cartridge shaving BY FAR—brushes, razors, blades, soaps, aftershaves… I already have enough shaving soaps in my...

Last Post By: BigPete Today, 02:59 PM Go to last post
    legit

Organic/All Natural Creams

Thread Starter: legit

I have been using Proraso green and more recently Proraso Blue ever since I started shaving with a brush. I'm almost out of my proraso blue and was wondering if anyone could suggest a good organic or at least all natural shaving cream or soap for use with a brush that might also have some skin...

Last Post By: kluber Today, 02:59 PM Go to last post
    kyproset

Ikon X3 slant.

Thread Starter: kyproset

Hello everyone, newbie here, as fresh as a daisy, just checked in. After reading extensively on the this razor, I decided to order an Ikon X3 slant with the bulldog handle from connaught shaving supplies (a seconds) which will be coming next week. After the R41 and the futur, I wanted something...

Last Post By: tommet Today, 02:58 PM Go to last post
Image Gallery provided by DragonByte Gallery (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.