• smalltank

There is no available content written by smalltank
  • Shave Clinic & Newbie Check In

• Recent Activity

Socalflat4

First Bootlegger blend complete!

Thread Starter: Socalflat4

I cant figure out how to post a proper picture but there it is, I'm tired. I finally got the Green Freeze bottled tonight, didn't want to wait and left the label on my favorite hot sauce :001_smile I have the ingredients en route for the El Dorado blend but have not found an importer that would...

Last Post By: docjude Today, 10:51 PM Go to last post
    Fishdog72

Had my first shave with my new straight razor today.

Thread Starter: Fishdog72

I had some extra money so I decided to take the plunge and buy a straight razor. After looking around the web and here, I decided on a Dovo 5/8 Silver Steel with ebony scales. I included pictures of it. While it doesn't look as nice as some of the amazing custom ones I've seen on B&B, I think it...

Last Post By: Mango Today, 10:51 PM Go to last post
    TheVez2

2016 B&B Bingo: Aftershaves Edition

Thread Starter: TheVez2

Welcome to the Sixth Edition of B&B Bingo, and the first Official B&B Bingo game of 2016! Its been a few months since weve done an Official Forum Bingo on B&B and Im very excited to be hosting this next round. If you missed any of the first 5 rounds, please check them out here: 1st...

Last Post By: dangerousdon Today, 10:50 PM Go to last post
    Shutterbug57

Making the Switch to Induction - Tips For Newbies

Thread Starter: Shutterbug57

My wife and I are making the switch from an electric (halogen under glass) cook top to an induction cook top. When we remodeled the kitchen 20 years ago, I wanted to go with gas, but lost the battle based on esthetics. I do most of the cooking, but my wife liked the look of the glass cook top -...

Last Post By: brucered Today, 10:50 PM Go to last post
    SlyMoose

TOBS half empty?

Thread Starter: SlyMoose

I recently get a tub of TOBS coconut and when I get it there was an air bubble in the cream and when I knocked it on the counter to help it settle the tub looked almost half empty is this normal

Last Post By: benzology Today, 10:47 PM Go to last post
    Strop Dragging My Heart

Honing help - please!

Thread Starter: Strop Dragging My Heart

I set out today to "touch up" two of my four razors - my Dovo and my Boker KC. I keep reading of people doing "touch ups" to blades that they shave with that get a bit dull... a few laps on the stone/film, a strop and back in the line-up. I wanted to get these two razors back into shape, and so...

Last Post By: Slash McCoy Today, 10:47 PM Go to last post
    KCPhotog

Made my own strop

Thread Starter: KCPhotog

Well, I decided to try my hand at making a paddle strop. Had a nice plank of some pretty grained walnut laying here and found some nice smooth leather that was the perfect size. This will probably be the one I add some Chromium Oxide to.

Last Post By: labrax Today, 10:47 PM Go to last post
    ohyousooners

How were YOU converted?

Thread Starter: ohyousooners

As a sister thread to "How many have you converted?", lets share our own stories of how we were converted. My conversion story: I was a 43 year old long time cart and canned foam shaver. I hated shaving and knew jack about how to shave well. If I could get away with it, I would run around with...

Last Post By: Seneca Today, 10:47 PM Go to last post
    gr4444

Severe rust after 3 days

Thread Starter: gr4444

just bought my first straight razor ... a Thiers-Issard Spartacas. I shaved about three days straight with it ... lightly coating in mineral oil each day. Then I put it in its case for three days rest after coating with mineral oil. After these three short days it is severely rusted ... I can...

Last Post By: Mango Today, 10:46 PM Go to last post
    Mitch897

Newbie looking for recommendations for soaps

Thread Starter: Mitch897

Well I have yet to use any soaps and was looking for some recommendations. I was looking at soap commander passion, Mickey Lee Drunken goat and Kraken, and Stirling Bay rum. Also what do you use and what brands do you prefer and why?

Last Post By: domzals1 Today, 10:45 PM Go to last post
Image Gallery provided by DragonByte Gallery (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.