• Shave Clinic & Newbie Check In

• Recent Activity

cw62803

PIF: Nivea Men Sensitive Shave Cream

Thread Starter: cw62803

Nivea Sensitive Shave Cream is one of my favorite products. A short time ago, you could buy a tube for about $4 at department and drugstores. Unfortunately, it has been discontinued in the US. You can still buy it on Amazon or eBay, but the prices have been inflated. Since I have more than I...

Last Post By: YKMV Today, 11:01 PM Go to last post
    riverstyxxx

The Best Way To Use Williams!

Thread Starter: riverstyxxx

Williams shaving soap is really nice. It has a good scent, it's cheap, it dates back about 200 years, but it's also very hard and requires a 10-minute soak in hot water for an easy lather. So here's what I did: Grind it up with a cheese grater, smoosh it into a bowl best as possible, then add...

Last Post By: EternalBachelor Today, 11:01 PM Go to last post
    BMblB

Pine/Coniferous soap with strong scent?

Thread Starter: BMblB

I'm on the hunt for a good winter soap that smells of pines and cedars and the forest. I've tried 3 so far: Lightfoot's Pure Pine - the scent was perfect, but the soap was crap. Really, truly crap (in my opinion). Stirling Scots Pine Sheep - decent scent, too light and not "piney" enough. Good...

Last Post By: HexChrome Today, 10:57 PM Go to last post
    FarmerTan

My Great Grandfather's straight.

Thread Starter: FarmerTan

I'm ashamed to admit I've had this straight from my great grandfather for years and was cleaning out my drawers in my Barber shop tonight and came across it. Decent shape. Any recommendations on how to proceed in getting it shave ready? I'll try to have my son post photos. In the meantime, it's...

Last Post By: eKretz Today, 10:57 PM Go to last post
    DoctorShavegood

What's Cooking 2016

Thread Starter: DoctorShavegood

Happy New Year!!! A new year with new cooking and eating. Post pictures of what you're cooking. Good luck and have lots of fun.

Last Post By: cleanshaved Today, 10:54 PM Go to last post
    dfoulk

Favorite soap finds of the year.

Thread Starter: dfoulk

I'm always looking for new soaps to try. In particular the really, really good ones. So I'll share my favorite soap finds of the year with you and you can feel free to share yours. Keep in mind that this should be soaps that are new to you this year. I'd prefer to hear about soaps that are new...

Last Post By: Clausewitz Today, 10:49 PM Go to last post
    Monkeyshines

What is a knot?

Thread Starter: Monkeyshines

Please, I'm new to this and when I read about brushes, people refer to a knot and the size of it. What does that mean? Johnny

Last Post By: VerbaVolant Today, 10:48 PM Go to last post
    Dcaddo111

Finally bought an Ark

Thread Starter: Dcaddo111

I've been wanting an ark for a while now. Mark sent me a pm last week titled "I think I found you a good one", and that he did. (Thanks mark!). It's 8 inches long and just under 2 wide. It had some brown spots when it arrived that went away quickly in a simple green bath. It's dead flat, but not...

Last Post By: PapaFish Today, 10:46 PM Go to last post
    johnniegold

My Guess... 3017

Thread Starter: johnniegold

Over the course of the last year I have been concentrating on using and finishing product. I have been going through aftershaves, colognes and shaving creams and sold off most of the excess. But the soaps... well, I just like them all and don't want to unload them. Over the last several months I...

Last Post By: NyquistRate Today, 10:44 PM Go to last post
    HoosierTrooper

Vintage Avon find

Thread Starter: HoosierTrooper

I know there are fans of Avon products here so I thought I'd share. Found this full bottle of Spicy for, as you can see, the princely sum of $1.50 at a Goodwill store. If you look closely you can see the layer of dust still visible. The screw off lid was so tight I wasn't sure it would even come...

Last Post By: Mlee Today, 10:35 PM Go to last post
Image Gallery provided by DragonByte Gallery (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.