• Mr5x5

There is no available content written by Mr5x5
  • Shave Clinic & Newbie Check In

• Recent Activity

Strop Dragging My Heart

Are JNats like jumping in the deep end?

Thread Starter: Strop Dragging My Heart

So, I've been honing, with varied results, using lapping films and a marble slab. I've been frustrated with the edges I get - sometimes good and sometimes not so great. I'm still very much in the learning stages... I was watching a bit of a cooking show online a couple of weeks ago - this...

Last Post By: Steve56 Today, 04:44 AM Go to last post
    mycarver

Without the Gold,

Thread Starter: mycarver

Without the Gold a Goldedge is just an Edge. To me that's what makes it,,, the Gold. Here the restore on these two was the usual clean the blade , give it the factory brushed type finish , polish everything else and then add the gold. Even where there has been some wear and a stamp may not be as...

Last Post By: mycarver Today, 04:44 AM Go to last post
    Raissermesser

Old Spice Scent Duration

Thread Starter: Raissermesser

Old Spice has been my go-to since I switched from Brute decades ago. This means I'm used to the scent, which brings up this question: How long does it last? When I used Clubman, I get a whiff of it all day long. Ditto Brut and Aqua Velva. But not Old Spice, not even when I use a dab of cologne...

Last Post By: mmaggi Today, 04:43 AM Go to last post
    GBinOZ

Gillette Single Rings with British Patent Numbers

Thread Starter: GBinOZ

I recently acquired a British single ring and in trying to date it I discovered a multitude of anomalies. There is a thread dedicated to identifying Canada Serial Numbers. Is there any interest in doing the same for British Serial Numbers? I guess the first distinction to be made is the razors...

Last Post By: romsitsa Today, 04:40 AM Go to last post
    CzechCzar

Longest lasting Old Spice Scent?

Thread Starter: CzechCzar

I recently got a sample of Stirling Spice, and was quite impressed. However, the scent disappears and that is sad. Do either the American or Indian Old Spices last longer than Stirling Spice? What about Indian Old Spice Musk? I guess my basic question is: what is the strongest, best Old Spice...

Last Post By: mmaggi Today, 04:40 AM Go to last post
    dangerousdon

PIF - Food Drive in the Mess Hall - Prize for One Lucky Person!

Thread Starter: dangerousdon

Attention all those who frequent the Shave Clinic & Newbie Check-In! I want to bring to your attention of a noble cause that is happening in the Mess hall right now. The Mess hall is sponsoring it's annual Mess Hall Food Drive! Because this is such a great cause, I want to do my part to get some...

Last Post By: dangerousdon Today, 04:40 AM Go to last post
    Space_Cadet

My new brush SCARES me

Thread Starter: Space_Cadet

This is a serious contender to the title of the weirdest brush I've ever bought. It's a real Boar-Monster (made by some little known artisan). I think the decision to purchase was somewhat irrational this time, to put it mildly. I'll show you the brush and give you it's specs and you tell...

Last Post By: Catalinbread Today, 04:39 AM Go to last post
    Night Hawk

New to the hobby & addicted!

Thread Starter: Night Hawk

Hello everyone. I just wanted to say hi and thank you for some great information, even though my wallet hates you. I have sensitive skin and shaved with a Gillette fusion proglide and a can of Barbarsol. The razor burn and bumps got to the point where I would only shave once a week and hated it. I...

Last Post By: dangerousdon Today, 04:38 AM Go to last post
    Floyd Eye

I just bought a lot of 4 razors on Ebay.

Thread Starter: Floyd Eye

A B4 (1956) Red Tip with slight wear and some fading of the red paint. Likely a candidate for a replate. A regular Super Speed with no visible date code, as stated by the seller. Here is his description: GILLETTE TWIST-TO-OPEN DE SAFETY RAZOR MADE USA- NO DATE NUMBER THAT I CAN FIND, I...

Last Post By: Floyd Eye Today, 04:37 AM Go to last post
    The M

What Was Your Cream Today?

Thread Starter: The M

Hey why not! theres one for the soaps so why not one for the creams. So just post what cream that YOU used today.

Last Post By: byDoms Today, 04:37 AM Go to last post
Image Gallery provided by DragonByte Gallery (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.