• man00ver

There is no available content written by man00ver
  • Shave Clinic & Newbie Check In

• Recent Activity

What aftershave soap combination did you pick today?

Thread Starter: dfoulk

All, Half the fun of picking a soap and aftershave for the day is pairing them up. I'm always looking for something that goes well with my favorite soaps. There are already threads here that talk about a soap pick and others that discuss an aftershave pick but not that I've found that pair...

Last Post By: Squirrel Today, 04:34 PM Go to last post

Today's Still Life "Writing Instruments"

Thread Starter: D.Gray

I recently ordered the Pilot ink (purple) and a Pilot Vanishing Point fountain pen with a 1.0mm stub nib. Here is today's still life titled "Writing Instruments": Photo taken with Pentax K-1 set on full frame (you can set it as a crop sensor also) with the Pentax 50mm 1:1.4 lens. No...

Last Post By: D.Gray Today, 04:32 PM Go to last post

OCtober 2016

Thread Starter: Shutterbug57

Once again, it is 01 September. While the SE folks are kicking off their month, and some of us may be among them, it is time for the OC folks to begin thinking of OCtober. This will be the 4th year for the OCtober thread, this year called OCtober 2016. I know that this is a fun thread, but...

Last Post By: TobyC Today, 04:31 PM Go to last post
    KW Driver

Where to pic up SIC powder to lap an Ark

Thread Starter: KW Driver

anyone have a good, recommended source to find some, or is the Home Depot/Loews good enough. turns out my pen knife trans isn't as lapped as I thought it was and need to get it there. thanks

Last Post By: kelbro Today, 04:31 PM Go to last post

Bicycling for health

Thread Starter: D.Gray

in September of 2014 I started cycling for my health to combat type 2 diabetes, and I put a few hundred miles on that year. 2015 I rode January on an aluminum frame bike, and from February to now I have been on a 2013 Orbea Orca carbon fiber bike (now with 2000 miles on the odometer), and put out...

Last Post By: D.Gray Today, 04:30 PM Go to last post

First honing and shave

Thread Starter: Mushraeddur

A while back, I bought two vintage straights off the bay. I did not get very good shaves with them...I think either the razors weren't as shave ready as advertised or I dulled them with poor stropping. I am leaning towards my stropping technique. I think I used too much pressure and caused them...

Last Post By: kelbro Today, 04:29 PM Go to last post

Advice on Spending $50 on brush/soap combos.

Thread Starter: polanalyst

Hi Guys Before spending $50, I thought I would ask your advice. With that amount, I can either buy a Semogue 830 and a 1305 (I already have and love my 620) or I can buy a SOC Bristle although I am not keen on large dense knots despite the excellent reviews. I don't want a badger or...

Last Post By: W8lkinUSA Today, 04:29 PM Go to last post

Lapping film suggestions?

Thread Starter: Luecke2326

I just left my local glass shop with 3 3X8 inch 1/4 inch thick plate glass sheets for use in honing with lapping film. I've never used lapping film or honed a razor before. So a few questions: 1. Where is a good place to buy the film? 2. How long does a sheet of film last? 3. What grades of...

Last Post By: timwcic Today, 04:28 PM Go to last post

Best Straight Razor in the World

Thread Starter: waitasecun

So lately I have been hearing a lot about the filarmonica 14 and how its edge is fantastic. I myself have a smiling custom from Jacques but am wanting to get an equally nice and fulfilling semi or full hollow ground razor to add to my collection. Recommendations? Post your favorite straight razor,...

Last Post By: waitasecun Today, 04:27 PM Go to last post

Odd Scales on a Boker

Thread Starter: Acmemfg

Any of y'all ever seeen anything like this?? The Boker Silver Steel pictured here is about 4 years old. Great blade but I have never seen anything quite like these scales. They're the stock OEM plastic tortoiseshell. The blade still centers fine, opens and closes alright too. But I'm thinking these...

Last Post By: kelbro Today, 04:26 PM Go to last post
Image Gallery provided by DragonByte Gallery (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.