• CapeCodJay

There is no available content written by CapeCodJay
  • Shave Clinic & Newbie Check In

• Recent Activity

tmartin89

What did you learn from your last shave?

Thread Starter: tmartin89

I think whether a newbie or an experienced shaver, you should always learn something from every shave, no matter what it is. So, I guess i'll start. Today I learned not to get greedy looking for a BBS shave, and that a 2 pass with clean ups is enough for a DFS.

Last Post By: Teppanyaki Today, 06:38 PM Go to last post
    gilettefan

Illinois Razor Strop #127

Thread Starter: gilettefan

I'm needing a new strop. I like the looks of this "Illinois #127 strop and wonder if any one else has used one. Next question is latigo leather OK for stropping? I've read good and bad about it and I need to hear from the experts. I'm getting my new/old razor back from Bayomontate this week and I...

Last Post By: rockviper Today, 06:38 PM Go to last post
    Shawnboy

Cream vs soap / aftershave vs aftershave balm

Thread Starter: Shawnboy

I do apologize if this has been posted ad nauseam elsewhere in a thread, but I can't find the answers to my questions which are: 1) what is the difference between Shaving Cream and Shaving Soap, and why should someone choose one over the other? 2) what is the difference between Aftershave,...

Last Post By: TheRealScubaSteve Today, 06:37 PM Go to last post
    Alacrity59

What's Cooking, 2015

Thread Starter: Alacrity59

Goodness me. A new year is upon us. For me this is a place where we get to see what others are cooking which may inspire us and then perhaps we share what we are cooking to inspire others. Fire in people . . . it is all good!

Last Post By: DoctorShavegood Today, 06:36 PM Go to last post
    kansaskyle

How to clean an old converter

Thread Starter: kansaskyle

I picked up an Osmiroid fountain pen at an estate sale along with some Sheaffer fountain pens and an Eversharp pencil. They were in a big bin of pens and pencils marked 5 for $1.00! I'll take some pics once I get them cleaned up and writing. When I got the Osmiroid home, I flushed the...

Last Post By: TheRealScubaSteve Today, 06:35 PM Go to last post
    bazman

Boar brushes are for the masses

Thread Starter: bazman

A good boar brush won't last as long as a good badger brush. Boar brushes are produced for the masses. Badger brushes I believe are for the more discerning and yes they are priced accordingly. I own several boar brushes and found that as a boar brush is thicker and less flexible the bristle breaks....

Last Post By: Teppanyaki Today, 06:34 PM Go to last post
    CalmAsHinduCows

Tax Refund Check - Advice on Shaving Related Splurging?

Thread Starter: CalmAsHinduCows

Between being married, working full time, and going to school full time, I really haven't had any chance to pamper myself. :blush: My wife and I got a sweet refund check from all the hours we both work and I was looking for some advice or suggestions on spending some of it on myself. We aren't...

Last Post By: BobbyB Today, 06:33 PM Go to last post
    TheRealScubaSteve

Dull blade?

Thread Starter: TheRealScubaSteve

So today was my 9th shave with a shavette and I totally butchered my face. Nicks everywhere and covered in razor burn. I was doing tremendously well (I think) on #6-8 after I ditched the free Derby blades. 6 and 7 were with Astra SP blades and 8 and 9 were with Feather SS. Yesterday went well...

Last Post By: TheRealScubaSteve Today, 06:33 PM Go to last post
    Jmac509

Pre de Provence No. 63

Thread Starter: Jmac509

I was looking for a new aftershave/balm the other day and saw the Pre de Provence No. 63 balm in the store. I really liked the smell and ended up getting it. After using the balm a few times my girlfriend has fallen in love with the scent, so I decided to look online to see if they had any matching...

Last Post By: spidey9 Today, 06:33 PM Go to last post
    duckhunterok

Mild case of newbie RAD - with Fatboy content!

Thread Starter: duckhunterok

So I have been at this wetshaving thing for a little over a week and have been thoroughly enjoying the process. Got the best shave yet this morning, so the technique is steadily improving. Definitely going to stick with the same razor / blade / cream / AS process for at least a month and then...

Last Post By: duckhunterok Today, 06:33 PM Go to last post
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.