• CapeCodJay

There is no available content written by CapeCodJay
  • Shave Clinic & Newbie Check In

• Recent Activity

rideon66

Shaving straight from stone

Thread Starter: rideon66

Ok I have been trying different things off my newest stones and find the best shaves so far have been straight off the stone without stropping.:001_cool: Now these are what i would call softer versions of these stones. Not soft stones though. The razors are just a little smoother right from the...

Last Post By: rideon66 Today, 10:59 AM Go to last post
    macnutty

NY Times article about DE shaving

Thread Starter: macnutty

Any thoughts out there about the following? http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/28/magazine/letter-of-recommendation-safety-razors.html?contentCollection=smarter-living&hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=second-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0 I...

Last Post By: ElectroMike Today, 10:59 AM Go to last post
    nemo

What's in your pocket today?

Thread Starter: nemo

Mine's carrying a Wahl Eversharp Skyline demi and a Pelikan 140

Last Post By: Radium Today, 10:58 AM Go to last post
    zetsui

Coming from an EJ DE89 to a Rockwell 6s adjustable, first shave wasn't too good

Thread Starter: zetsui

I started at 3 and thought the razor was pretty dull. Thought my angle compared to my DE 89 should be less steep (ie parallel to face) and more shallow (perpendicular to face). Ended up going to 6 just fine, with some weepers around my neck. I thought this was suppose to be adjustable as far as...

Last Post By: poikkeus Today, 10:56 AM Go to last post
    Heckle

PIF: Taconic Tequila Lime shaving cream (Lets get back to school)

Thread Starter: Heckle

I have a jar of Taconic Tequila Lime shaving cream that I am PIFing to a good home. Requirements: Simple. All I ask is that you have never tried this before. Also you should have between one and three million post. So simply reply with "I'm in" and tell us all of a fond memory of your K-12...

Last Post By: 1959tony Today, 10:56 AM Go to last post
    Shawnboy

I'm the reason Razors are expensive

Thread Starter: Shawnboy

Today, I once again walked into several antique stores and found vintage shaving gear, that I couldn't walk away from. I know I paid too much, I did get the stores to come off the prices 10% on each item I purchased though. I know that because I paid $40 for an Aristocrat (46-47) with the case and...

Last Post By: gitira6 Today, 10:54 AM Go to last post
    auk1124

How international were you today?

Thread Starter: auk1124

I think these threads are interesting. Today I visited: 1. Germany (Speick bath soap) 2. Canada (NatureClean shampoo) 3. Czech Republic (Spokar brush) 4. United Kingdom (Harris Almond ss) 5. India (Parker razor) 6. South Korea (Dorco blade) 7. ? Middle East (Tulumba alum block) 8....

Last Post By: Mister Widget Today, 10:52 AM Go to last post
    dangerousdon

Coconut Sandalwood

Thread Starter: dangerousdon

So many of us love coconut in our shaving products. A whole mess of us LOVE sandalwood. So why not coconut sandalwood shaving products? What prompted this idea? Well, my wife came home the other day with a candle from Bath & Body Works and it happened to be scented with...you guessed...

Last Post By: dkeester Today, 10:51 AM Go to last post
    Wiwicks

Unlucky Tiger?

Thread Starter: Wiwicks

Hey guys, I usually spend my time trolling in the SR section, but I wanted to make my way over here to ask all of your opinions on the Lucky Tiger face tonic. It is marketed as an aftershave/face tonic and from what I could tell, a lot of people like it. And when I opened it, the scent was subtle...

Last Post By: tromboneliness Today, 10:50 AM Go to last post
    Jinx13

Newbie looking for Razor guidence

Thread Starter: Jinx13

Hello all; I hope this is the right place for this thread and if not, please feel free to relocate it. I am starting to research into DE razors and planning make the switch over and am a little overwhelmed by the number of different razors that are out there (forget about the blade choices). ...

Last Post By: gitira6 Today, 10:48 AM Go to last post
Image Gallery provided by DragonByte Gallery (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.