• demaro

There is no available content written by demaro
  • Shave Clinic & Newbie Check In

• Recent Activity

blooming soaps or not?

Thread Starter: jonwilson

I noticed there are a few ways of creating lather. Some bloom their soaps by putting hot water on the top of the soap for a little bit and using a dry brush or some use a wet brush on a dry puck. I noticed when I use a wet brush on a dry puck, water gets all over my bathroom with the water flying...

Last Post By: SHAVEWIZARD420 Today, 09:18 PM Go to last post

Does the Fatboy live up to its hype?

Thread Starter: KeenDogg

I've been curious as to why fatboys sell so high on the bay. Are they that good of a razor? They pique my interest but in no way can I afford one! Here's to hoping for one in the wild! Adam

Last Post By: tonich Today, 09:17 PM Go to last post

What aftershave soap combination did you pick today?

Thread Starter: dfoulk

All, Half the fun of picking a soap and aftershave for the day is pairing them up. I'm always looking for something that goes well with my favorite soaps. There are already threads here that talk about a soap pick and others that discuss an aftershave pick but not that I've found that pair...

Last Post By: sandstone Today, 09:17 PM Go to last post

Glycerin-based Soaps...

Thread Starter: brybry642

Why is it that people tend to prefer creams and tallow-based soaps to glycerin-based soap? Is it the difficulty of obtaining a stable lather?

Last Post By: SHAVEWIZARD420 Today, 09:16 PM Go to last post

What is this ?

Thread Starter: 19cohiba75

Went to local flea market today and picked up these blades for 6 bucks. The Gillette is bnib wrapped plastic and the one that has me stumped are the Vestpok blades ? Thought they were DE blades but they are something else, each blade is wedged into the wood holder. Sorry for the upside down picture.

Last Post By: _Brad Today, 09:16 PM Go to last post

Traveling Fragrance Sample Box

Thread Starter: temjeito

OK, this is pretty simple: there's a box, and a list.:001_rolle The box is full of fragrance samples (and a few a/s samples, and maybe some other goodies). The list starts with plpenn, and grows as people sign up in this thread. We'll cap the list at 25 for now to try and keep it manageable....

Last Post By: Zombeezy Today, 09:16 PM Go to last post

What did you hone today?

Thread Starter: ouch

Feel free to discuss the razors (or knives) you honed, and the stones you used. Any special tips or techniques? Add 'em! 1) Dovo 6/8 Bismarck- Naniwa chocera 3K, Kitayama 8K, coticule, water only. 2) Hiromoto gyuto, 240mm- GlassStone 500, GlassStone 1K, Shapton M15 2K, King 6K, Shapton...

Last Post By: Gamma Today, 09:13 PM Go to last post

Fed-up shaver here

Thread Starter: weeksie98

Hi Everyone, I am at my wits' end! I go green with envy of those who post of their three pass shaves and touch-ups, while I am sat at the end of my shave shaving every which way over a piece of stubble that, despite audible feedback, remains affixed to my face. I have tried feathers, all sorts...

Last Post By: sandstone Today, 09:11 PM Go to last post

Is it just me or is RazoRock the deal of the century?

Thread Starter: Gio1

I was sorting through my Den the other day and came to the conclusion that I REALLY like RazoRock soaps and for the money they must be one of the best deals in wet shaving. I have X and XXX and Classic. For under 10 bucks they perform with my other favorites (B&M, Stroppe), they smell great and...

Last Post By: SHAVEWIZARD420 Today, 09:11 PM Go to last post

November 2015 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month's End (GRUME-November)

Thread Starter: Rory1262

Are your various shaving ADs out of control? Are you spending more on shaving supplies than groceries? Are you using more bathroom shelf and counter space than your mate? Do you even know how many soaps, creams, aftershaves, brushes and razors you own? It is time. This fall has been delightful...

Last Post By: JGUN Today, 09:10 PM Go to last post
Image Gallery provided by DragonByte Gallery (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.