• mblakele

There is no available content written by mblakele
  • Shave Clinic & Newbie Check In

• Recent Activity

gibsonod

VB Finest, WD Silvertip, or FS Brush?

Thread Starter: gibsonod

Good morning Gents, I am looking at purchasing are better quality brush. I currently have a no-name boar from a PIF, Wilkinson Bristle, and a Simply Beautiful Pure badger brush. Thus far I like badger and think I would a finest or silvertip. I mainly bowl lather. I use soaps and cream, but mainly...

Last Post By: Rob W Today, 06:08 AM Go to last post
    CMan0928

A bit of a splurge - Molton Brown Hand Washes

Thread Starter: CMan0928

Yes, they're pricey. I believe $28 for 10 fluid ounces. I work in the medical field where most of the time all that's around is cheap antibacterial Dial that makes my hands feel like leather. It's super drying. My hands are always cracked as a result. Plus, now they're saying Triclosan is no good...

Last Post By: debordj Today, 06:06 AM Go to last post
    coramdeo412

How Many Pipes?

Thread Starter: coramdeo412

I've been viewing the POTD thread and noticing the vast cadre of pipes that our fellow BL'ers are posting day after day... Just curious how many pipes some of you guys have? I have 6 pipes (5 year old just broke my 15 year old MM Cob) 2 Peterson's, 1 Savinelli, 1 Julius Vesz, 1 Barne and 1...

Last Post By: Archtop Bill Today, 06:06 AM Go to last post
    jzuzphreek

Ye Olde of Straight Razor Shaving, Jzuzphreek

Thread Starter: jzuzphreek

It is such a pleasure to finally be able to post among this valiant group of shavers. Due to the incredible generosity of a few members here, I have finally entered the ranks of the Straight Razor Saved. Thanks to you gentlemen. This past weekend I partook of my first two SR shaves. The...

Last Post By: jzuzphreek Today, 06:05 AM Go to last post
    Balj86

Whats your soap for today?

Thread Starter: Balj86

Theres a long thread on "Whats your Brush for today...?". Don't know if it's been created for shaving soap, but it's worth a shot :biggrin1:! Today I used the almight "MWF!" What did you guys use?

Last Post By: setldown Today, 06:04 AM Go to last post
    BenO

Himalayan Salt Block

Thread Starter: BenO

Has anyone ever used a Himalayan Salt Block? I saw one at Williams & Sonoma yesterday and it peaked my interest. I like salt and it seems like a cool way to cook/present food.

Last Post By: ouch Today, 06:03 AM Go to last post
    flashover604

New antique store finds

Thread Starter: flashover604

Hi all. I popped into a little antique shop I'd never been into a couple days ago. Three feet from the door was a little glasses case with two Gillette TTOs. I asked the owner if they had any more shaving stuff and was rewarded with a decent Wade and Butcher straight in the original box. He made me...

Last Post By: jnyost Today, 06:03 AM Go to last post
    RoadKing2438

500 POST + Birthday PIF

Thread Starter: RoadKing2438

Well gents, this is my 500th post and my B-Day is next week so I thought I would celebrate with a PIF. I really appreciate how the members of this forum treat one another and how they are so willing to help and share their knowledge. If it wasn't for this forum, I would still be shaving once or...

Last Post By: auceny Today, 06:02 AM Go to last post
    AETProf

Please tell me a little more about my first antique purchase

Thread Starter: AETProf

Had a few minutes before my 6 pm meeting last evening and decided to stop in at the next door antique mall. Saw a couple GEMs, what appeared to be a trac 2, two rolles razors with one of them having the original box and paper work, and several straights scattered throughout. The only DE was what...

Last Post By: AETProf Today, 06:00 AM Go to last post
    GolFisHunt

Cherry burl brush project

Thread Starter: GolFisHunt

Dug around in my pile of turning stock for a certain piece of wood but found this piece instead. The Made Rite is just there for scale. After a little band saw work I ended up with this. Chucked it up and drilled a 1" hole about 20mm deep. Remounted on a 1" dia. spur drive center. To...

Last Post By: AceByTerror Today, 06:00 AM Go to last post
By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.