• mblakele

There is no available content written by mblakele
  • Shave Clinic & Newbie Check In

• Recent Activity

Arko PIF (US/CAN)

Thread Starter: Sheashaves710

I've got new sticks of Arko I would like to PIF. I thought I might like to use them as a travel soap, but I can't warm up to the scent. However, from what I have heard this soap lathers exceptionally well. So, my loss, your gain. :biggrin1: Open to any US/CAN member who does not currently have...

Last Post By: MrBaz Today, 02:19 PM Go to last post

Last antique show of the year

Thread Starter: *Terence*

Just left the last local antique show of the year. Did not get anything as exciting as the previous weekend, but all in all a good day. I did see an old Gillette blade display case but the vendor wanted more than I am willing to pay.

Last Post By: Roderick Today, 02:16 PM Go to last post

Looking for my first boar brush

Thread Starter: DavidSeattleWA

Have never tried a boar brush, but I think it would be nice to add one into my shaving routine. I use a combination of both soaps and creams, and would like to have the benefit/flexibility of being able to use either badger or boar (I already have a silvertip badger brush). I'm not a collector,...

Last Post By: FatboyFan Today, 02:15 PM Go to last post

can foam thoughts

Thread Starter: topcatman

I used barbasol and even Gillette foamy when I started shaving 20 some years ago. I tried the canned gels and they sucked. Bought a can of barbasol with aloe, because it was a sensitive foam that actually had something in it. Gillette Foamy and Gillette Foamy Sensitive simply have...

Last Post By: Juanmosey Today, 02:14 PM Go to last post

Honing help.

Thread Starter: Bleachedfan

Hello there, I have a question. I have a rather nice collection of straight razors and I am at the moment in my year where I can begin to hone some of them. The question is this : how do I tell if I need to hone vs spending time on the strop? I have a few blades that will take a few hairs and was...

Last Post By: Bleachedfan Today, 02:13 PM Go to last post

A little lens PIF!

Thread Starter: WarrenB

So when I was given the privilege of becoming The Darkroom Steward, I remembered that I had a lens sitting in a box of bits and pieces. It's an Auto Revuenon 50mm 1.8 in what I believe is an M42 fit, if any of you recognise it as another fit please let me know:biggrin1: No scratches or fungus,...

Last Post By: WarrenB Today, 02:13 PM Go to last post

decanting aqua velva AS

Thread Starter: sskim3

So I finally cleaned out my Avon bottle and put in some Aqua Velva Ice Blue. I also cleaned out another glass bottle and put some Musk in it. I must say the AS smells vastly different than the plastic bottles it came with. I am thoroughly impressed and have grown a better appreciation for Aqua...

Last Post By: Musikmann Today, 02:13 PM Go to last post

How many of us have stopped seeking perfection?

Thread Starter: awa54

OK, I'll admit it, my shave isn't BBS, I don't think it ever will be. There are a lot of reasons for that, one is that when I *do* get BBS that area invariably has an in-grown hair the next day, another is just laziness... I love shaving, but more than ten minutes a day spent communing with my...

Last Post By: Raven Koenes Today, 02:13 PM Go to last post

2015 Fragrance/Scent of the day.

Thread Starter: eezee

Mont Blanc Individual

Last Post By: victorydog Today, 02:10 PM Go to last post
    August West

Old Fogies Club: What was your workout today?

Thread Starter: August West

I was really interested in The Clubhouse thread "What was your workout today?" but much to my chagrin I didn't feel comfortable posting my "old fogie" workouts with all those "serious" workouts. So, What was your Old Fogie workout today? I will start: 3 mile walk/20 push ups/50 sit ups. ...

Last Post By: FL shaver Today, 02:09 PM Go to last post
Image Gallery provided by DragonByte Gallery (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.