• mblakele

There is no available content written by mblakele
  • Shave Clinic & Newbie Check In

• Recent Activity

buca3152

Mikawa Botan Awasedo from Takeshi

Thread Starter: buca3152

Got my approximately 8 in x 2 in Mikawa botan nagura from Takeshi. Didnt lap yet, but feels nice on the blade. I have to lap it smooth though to get a real feel for it. Scratch pattern as it is now (surface is smooth) is similar to a striped iyoto I have. Nice gritty, not sticky and the swarf built...

Last Post By: Lakebound Today, 04:54 PM Go to last post
    christoferyacoub

Suavecito?

Thread Starter: christoferyacoub

Have any of you gents tried this pomade? I am currently working on growing out my hair from a pompadour, and this is the one my barber recommends. Thoughts? Thanks guys!

Last Post By: Don_Draper Today, 04:54 PM Go to last post
    BBS Kirk

Recommend an Omega Boar

Thread Starter: BBS Kirk

I am looking to add a 3rd boar brush to my den. Recommend me an Omega boar brush. A little about myself: 1.) Face latherer 2.) Use only croaps - Proraso and Panna Crema 3.) Love splay and want splay on my new Omega 4.) Love Backbone 5.) A tad of scrub is fine 6.) Thick, wirey beard -...

Last Post By: BBS Kirk Today, 04:54 PM Go to last post
    Batman9402

How will you shave during Zombie Apocalypse?

Thread Starter: Batman9402

Well I had some fun getting razors cerakoted. I knew one would be black but when I saw a zombie style I said thats what the other will be here ya go :)

Last Post By: RVshave Today, 04:54 PM Go to last post
    SteakWilliams

Hello from California and a story or two

Thread Starter: SteakWilliams

Hello everybody, I just got into wet shaving and while I haven't quite nailed the technique down, I'm gettin' there. I do however, have a few stories sure to make you grin. It goes a little bit like this... I'm getting to the age where it's no longer fun to have super long hair and a full beard,...

Last Post By: Clubman4Life Today, 04:53 PM Go to last post
    Legion

One ring to rule them all

Thread Starter: Legion

Over the last couple of years I have had a bit of an epiphany. I have WAY too much stuff. I have stuff I like, and spares of that stuff, and back-ups for the spares. Sometimes I'll buy one thing, skimp on the cost, then replace it later with the model up. Then replace that one with the one I...

Last Post By: Bob L. Today, 04:53 PM Go to last post
    kevdogg329

Cry me a river about not PIFFING

Thread Starter: kevdogg329

Wow. Crying over someone not wanting to participate in their scheme. http://news.yahoo.com/grande-goodwill--378-starbucks-customers--pay-it-forward--in-florida-151640283.html

Last Post By: Doc4 Today, 04:53 PM Go to last post
    10miler

I Guess I'm Old School

Thread Starter: 10miler

I was thinking about my vintage razors the other day, and the cast iron corn bread thread came to mind. Cast iron has properties like no other for cooking. My coffee maker is an old percolator from the 50s, and I tell ya it just makes better (and hotter) coffee than drip coffee makers. It for sure...

Last Post By: Porgy Tirebiter Today, 04:53 PM Go to last post
    semperfi6141

Hi guys first time on this forum

Thread Starter: semperfi6141

:biggrin1: I am retired I am 73 going on 123,time flys for me.I live in south texas some of my hobbies are collecting straight razors,and metal detecting:001_cool: So far I can polish,hone razors -----no can do scale work yet:w00t:, but trying to learn pining and unpinning.Have about 50 razors to...

Last Post By: alex2363 Today, 04:53 PM Go to last post
    Rednek_Rage

New Guy Here

Thread Starter: Rednek_Rage

Howdy folks. Rage here, coming to ya from the Wilmington area of good ol' NC. I'm sorta new to the manly style of shaving... Anyway, sorry for rambling, just really excited. I do have one direct question: I bought some green chrome oxide powder as an addon to my package, and am wondering if its...

Last Post By: PokerChip Today, 04:52 PM Go to last post
By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.