• SRA7594

There is no available content written by SRA7594
  • Shave Clinic & Newbie Check In

• Recent Activity

DoctorShavegood

Picadillo Recipe

Thread Starter: DoctorShavegood

Here's a good one. It's basically a ground beef stew with finely diced carrots and potatoes. This recipe has more of the Mexican influence, but you can tweak this to your own liking. I like to put it in corn tortilla's with a little squeezed lime and hot salsa. It could be served over rice. ...

Last Post By: otto76 Today, 10:17 PM Go to last post
    Luvwine

Ebay Question-seller "canceled" sale after I won auction.

Thread Starter: Luvwine

Has this happened to anyone? I bid on a mint Dorko 300 15/16" last night and won the item. This morning got a notice saying the seller canceled the sale and the reason was "out of stock" or "cannot fulfill the transaction" with no explanation given. I had emailed the seller with a question about...

Last Post By: Bikerbuzz0408 Today, 10:16 PM Go to last post
    AHamilton

What popular soap disappointed you the most?

Thread Starter: AHamilton

Col. Conk's was the biggest disappointment for me. The lather was rather dry for a glycerin based soap, and it had almost zero slickness. A close second for me was Cella. Still a good soap, I was just expecting a little more. It lathers easily and moisturizes great, however I felt the blade...

Last Post By: Ryan83 Today, 10:16 PM Go to last post
    ZachK

First Shavette Shave

Thread Starter: ZachK

I have a parker SR-1 on order, and it should be here in a few days. (Amazon has the box in the country now) What I was wondering is there anything I should know for the first shave with it? I have been using a merkur 34C safety razor for some months now and am pretty happy with it. Would it be...

Last Post By: ZachK Today, 10:15 PM Go to last post
    Luc

Using that shave stick container (Vintage Shave Stick Ads)

Thread Starter: Luc

I know the subject was discussed quite a bit over time on a cheap alternative to a shave stick container. La Toja Shaving Stick comes with a container of it's own. Useful, simple, works well. The Lea Shaving Stick is the same (has a container supplied with the stick). Other products such as...

Last Post By: Roderick Today, 10:11 PM Go to last post
    bright09

Gillette flare tip

Thread Starter: bright09

Just got my grandpa's old flare tip this Friday I yet to shave with it yet but knowing the unpainted flare tip is a 57 code c 2 looks like in pretty good condition but noticing there is some plating wearing off in some spots and the green stuff from the plating any way of removing that? Also he...

Last Post By: SRNewb Today, 10:10 PM Go to last post
    Teppanyaki

PIF vs passaround ?

Thread Starter: Teppanyaki

I'm almost to the point where I need to clear out a bunch of shaving stuff (some razors, razor heads, some shaving creams and samples, et cetera). My vision is to throw everything into a box which then goes from person to person, with each person trying out what they like/possibly keeping some of...

Last Post By: sucker_dad Today, 10:04 PM Go to last post
    nemo

Nib Acquisitions, April 2015

Thread Starter: nemo

A lot of great stuff last month, let's see what April brings! I'm again awaiting something green, gold, and black from Germany. Pics encouraged.

Last Post By: Teppanyaki Today, 10:04 PM Go to last post
    justino_14

Is this razor burn?

Thread Starter: justino_14

During the last little while I've been getting some irritation on my face after a shave. During the shave and immediately after my face feels pretty good, but it's usually like 2-3 hours later my face feels slightly irritated. Not sure exactly what is happening, can razor burn onset like that a few...

Last Post By: justino_14 Today, 10:01 PM Go to last post
    Penchosky

HHT failures

Thread Starter: Penchosky

I have spent a good amount of time testing edges with the HHT and have very mixed results. For some reason I can't get my razors to do a consistent HHT but they shave great. I have recently honed a few vintage razors off ebay and a GD 800 and am getting a good shave with them. I seem to get a...

Last Post By: life2short1971 Today, 10:01 PM Go to last post
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.