• Shave Clinic & Newbie Check In

• Recent Activity

denvernoob

New Arrival.My First Fili

Thread Starter: denvernoob

As the title states, my first Fili arrived today. She is a NOS Sub Cero 13. This baby came with all original packaging and paper/plastic. Honed to quite a fine edge as well! I will give this fine young lady a spin tomorrow...but for now a couple of pictures....

Last Post By: lmarkow Today, 01:30 AM Go to last post
    jsado

Maybe Feathers are TOO sharp?

Thread Starter: jsado

I'm pretty new to DE shaving. I've only been doing this since Christmas. I use a Merkur Futur dialed back to 1 and I get damn good shaves with it. I started out with the Merkur blade that came with the razor and it worked well. I then switched to red Personnas and they worked flawlessly for me....

Last Post By: Eeyore Today, 01:23 AM Go to last post
    pbrmhl

Favorite Aftershaves without Menthol, Eucalyptis, Mint or Similar Scents?

Thread Starter: pbrmhl

Based on my search of the forums, I don't think this has been discussed for over five years, which surprises me. What aftershaves do you suggest for someone with an extreme aversion to menthol, etc. (and cilantro, but that's for a different forum)? I've got and love Tabac, Pinaud Classic, Pinaud...

Last Post By: Eeyore Today, 01:17 AM Go to last post
    bheusted

Trouble Dialing In The R41

Thread Starter: bheusted

I recently acquired a R41 (2013) and have used it a few times now. I definitely understand why it is revered as one of the most aggressive razors available now. I haven't experienced any irritation with it and have had comfortable shaves but I am having difficulty getting close shaves with it. ...

Last Post By: bheusted Today, 01:16 AM Go to last post
    Jgraz2

Merkur 11c

Thread Starter: Jgraz2

So I'm wondering what's the point,advantage of the open comb razor . I started with the merkur futur adjustable and graduated to the 34c slant. Works feels great. What would be different with the 11c open comb?

Last Post By: engblom Today, 01:11 AM Go to last post
    eleuther0s

Good, cheap soap or cream

Thread Starter: eleuther0s

I'm sure some of you saw my post from earlier this week, and I apologize once again if this is a duplicate thread, but I just started shaving with a blade about a week and a half ago, namely because I am a student and need to save money. I am looking for a shaving cream or soap that is cheap but...

Last Post By: Gig103 Today, 01:09 AM Go to last post
    PGHChris

Cold River Soap Works

Thread Starter: PGHChris

I've been looking into Cold River for a month (maybe more), and I've noticed that they have two different varieties: "Original" variety - a vegetable based, Italian style soft soap. I'm imagining something like RazoRock. "Classic" variety - a tallow based, softer puck. I'm imagining...

Last Post By: Mango Today, 01:09 AM Go to last post
    camjr

*Warning-Spoilers, see post #697* - HBO's Game of Thrones

Thread Starter: camjr

Any other fans of this show out there? There have been so many plot twists in this series so far, I find myself eagerly anticipating each new show on Sunday night. The acting is fantastic, the sets and scenery is great (Ireland and Malta, I believe), and the character development has been top...

Last Post By: jlmraider Today, 01:07 AM Go to last post
    Cailkid

Hello from the left coast

Thread Starter: Cailkid

Hi guys, My name is Trevor and from the Monterey Bay Area of California. I've always been interested in Wet Shaving and about 4 months ago bought my first Razor, brush and soap from the same company and then the addict in me kicked in. I've collected wrist watches for 20 years and a member of...

Last Post By: Cailkid Today, 01:06 AM Go to last post
    love_the_experience

If only .

Thread Starter: love_the_experience

If only you could have ; 2 razors, 2 creams or soaps, 2 brushes, 2 after shaves............ what would you choose ?

Last Post By: love_the_experience Today, 01:05 AM Go to last post
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.