• Shave Clinic & Newbie Check In

• Recent Activity

Tea-bott5000

You've heard it: favorite budget face latherer

Thread Starter: Tea-bott5000

Hello gentlemen, I'd like to poll you on your favorite not-insanely-expensive brush for face lathering. Boar/badger/horse/synthetic/mix doesn't really matter, I just want performance at a good price, which i'm naming as under $40 (shouldn't be a problem, right?). From all my research the brush I...

Last Post By: celestino Today, 06:47 PM Go to last post
    Yndyrsyn

Newbie looking for a soap recommendation.

Thread Starter: Yndyrsyn

Hey! I've ben wet shaving for a little while now, and everything is going fine so far. I'm currently using a Maggard MR1, Arko soap and an Omega S-Brush. My only gripe is that I dislike the soap I'm using. I'm getting a decent lather, but it takes me ages to load my brush. I'd like a soap that's...

Last Post By: Usascot Today, 06:47 PM Go to last post
    ncaravan

Thrift Store Drop In

Thread Starter: ncaravan

Hey All Today I dropped in my local thrift store on my lunch break and spotted this. Here is the price list: Merkur Futur - $2.50 Body Shop Brush - $1.50

Last Post By: BSAGuy Today, 06:47 PM Go to last post
    Lemic

Michigan Straight Razor Newbie

Thread Starter: Lemic

Hello B&B Members. I joined B&B a few weeks ago but have been reading for awhile now. I just started recently after buying a sight unseen from Whipped Dog. It was a painful and bloody start but it has worked itself out pretty well so far. I have jumped right in and bought a Norton set of honing...

Last Post By: celestino Today, 06:45 PM Go to last post
    AndyShaves

Personal Care Product Safety Act (Proposed)

Thread Starter: AndyShaves

The above bill, recently introduced by Senator Diane Fienstein (D-CA) recently introduced to the senate is an interesting bill. I've recently finished reading it and it stands to levy a large challenge to artisans in our community. From what I understand after reading the bill, the act would...

Last Post By: Suticat Today, 06:45 PM Go to last post
    bright09

Gillette flare tip

Thread Starter: bright09

Just got my grandpa's old flare tip this Friday I yet to shave with it yet but knowing the unpainted flare tip is a 57 code c 2 looks like in pretty good condition but noticing there is some plating wearing off in some spots and the green stuff from the plating any way of removing that? Also he...

Last Post By: BSAGuy Today, 06:44 PM Go to last post
    Edcculus

I made some Ribs

Thread Starter: Edcculus

I've been watching M*A*S*H since its been on Netflix. I hit the episode about Hawkeye ordering 40lbs of ribs from Chicago on Friday night. I couldn't stop thinking about ribs. Saturday morning I ran into a stand at the farmers market that sells local raised heratige pork so I picked up a rack. ...

Last Post By: BubblesTGB Today, 06:43 PM Go to last post
    *Terence*

This week's finds...

Thread Starter: *Terence*

I had another good week of searching week of searching. All at local estate sales. Included with this was the colgate, 2 black beauties and a slim. Both for a WHOLE TEN DOLLARS!

Last Post By: ncfyrfyter Today, 06:43 PM Go to last post
    andrewtheguru

Newbie but luker

Thread Starter: andrewtheguru

Hi guys I'm Andrew. I live in no where Colorado and I am determined to ENJOY a clean shave. Me and my wife barely get by (as we all do) so I ditched the crappy over priced modern razors and borrowed a friends old Gillette DE razor and had a fantastic shave! Having to return it, I got a cheap razor...

Last Post By: celestino Today, 06:42 PM Go to last post
    hrfdez

PIF: Omega Professional 48 Boar Brush

Thread Starter: hrfdez

I have an Omega Pro 48 that I'm willing to PIF to a NEW wet shaver. I only used it once, but it is just a tad big for my face. Otherwise is an awesome Boar brush:thumbup: I will cover the shipping and this offer is limited to the CONUS. Please, I'm offering this to a new wet shaver, so if...

Last Post By: Gazoo Today, 06:42 PM Go to last post
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.