• Walter Sobchak

There is no available content written by Walter Sobchak
  • Shave Clinic & Newbie Check In

• Recent Activity

Vintage Doc

Removing blade after each shave necessary?

Thread Starter: Vintage Doc

I have not been doing this but since recently started shaving with some vintage acquisitions I was wondering... Do you guys remove the blade after every shave? Do you dry your TTO or take apart your 3 piece razors between each shave? Thanks for your opinions. Jeff

Last Post By: redman1 Today, 05:28 AM Go to last post
    Mycon

Interim Low-cost Briefcase

Thread Starter: Mycon

I have found myself with a bit of a quandry, and need a touch of guidance from the experienced. The nylon laptop bag that I've been using is almost completely shot. Normally this would be cause to celebrate, because it means an upgrade. The problem is, I am almost done with college and can fulfill...

Last Post By: Cuttingboard Today, 05:27 AM Go to last post
    RockyMountainWetShave

What is High Mountain Badger?

Thread Starter: RockyMountainWetShave

So as I understand it, different grades of badger come from different parts of the badger... right? So where does "High Mountain come from, or is it actually a different kind of badger from high in the snowy peaks of Nepal... or something?:tongue_sm

Last Post By: SirChangalot Today, 05:26 AM Go to last post
    mrlandpirate

Ear Worms

Thread Starter: mrlandpirate

I'll start

Last Post By: maxman Today, 05:26 AM Go to last post
    irfan977

New guy here.

Thread Starter: irfan977

Hello everyone, My name is Irfan. I guess I am not really a newbie as I have been wetshaving for two years and lurking on this site for even longer then that as I was trying to get up the gumption to put a real blade to my face after years of not really knowing how to shave. However, I am a...

Last Post By: irfan977 Today, 05:24 AM Go to last post
    RobsForge

Which Thayers witch hazel is best for your skin?

Thread Starter: RobsForge

I have the Lemon and Cucumber right now and can't really tell a difference. The lemon is labeled as an astringent but I'm curious which one out of all their products is best for you skin. I recently noticed Whole Foods sells their whole line of Witch hazel. I use it as a splash-on after shaving and...

Last Post By: RadVigg Today, 05:20 AM Go to last post
    rajun50

Shapton Pro without any writing the stone?

Thread Starter: rajun50

Hello gents, I just bought a new set of Shapton "Pro" Kuromaku stones. I got the 2k, 5k, 8k, 12k. The 5k is a US version Shapton Pro, but there's no writing on one side like the Kuromaku stones have. Everywhere I've looked shows them with writing on one side like the Kuromaku. The stone looks...

Last Post By: alpster Today, 05:19 AM Go to last post
    DoctorShavegood

Hummingbirds and the feeders

Thread Starter: DoctorShavegood

I love hummingbirds. Arguably one of the most fascinating birds on the planet. I went to my uncle's house last summer and he had them flying around his feeder like fly's. There were so many it was hard to keep your eye on just one. I haven't had that kind of success in attracting that many, but I'm...

Last Post By: Intrigued Today, 05:17 AM Go to last post
    YKMV

Got my WD Brush from Larry

Thread Starter: YKMV

Sadly, it sat in the Post Office for 5 days before I could pick it up. But 10 days from "order" to "in the PO Box" is fantastic espceiclaly considering it had to come all the way to my APO in Germany. 24mm synthetic with 2 sample of soap, Bald Frog and MWF. Now I have to decide which of...

Last Post By: SirChangalot Today, 05:17 AM Go to last post
    SliceOfLife

Got the scope out again.

Thread Starter: SliceOfLife

So I hooked a camera up to my microscope again. Had to go down to 220grit to get some really bad pitting out of an eBay razor I picked up; so I took some shots there and then figured I'd get some more hones for good measure. Razor is full hollow ground early 20th century Clauss. 14.5 degree...

Last Post By: 147_Grain Today, 05:16 AM Go to last post
Image Gallery provided by DragonByte Gallery (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.