• Walter Sobchak

There is no available content written by Walter Sobchak
  • Shave Clinic & Newbie Check In

• Recent Activity

deoxy4

Slick, dense, lather inprovement

Thread Starter: deoxy4

After trying many soaps and creams, I have been using Haslinger Schafmilch soap and Biotique Bio Palmyra cream pretty exclusively for a month or so. They may well be my favorite performing products. They may not have the best scent but they give really excellent performance. I am running out...

Last Post By: tromboneliness Today, 03:46 AM Go to last post
    skypsyd

SOTD "Italian Theme Week" August 31st - September 6th, 2015

Thread Starter: skypsyd

Welcome to a new theme week! For the week we will celebrate the deep and hallowed shaving traditions, as well as the people of Italy. This could be soaps, hardware, brushes, Aftershave and Cologne, vacation photos, or anything from the country that I am sure most of have either visited or...

Last Post By: Mirx Today, 03:44 AM Go to last post
    Riff Raff

Brown Leaf Generosity

Thread Starter: Riff Raff

Late last year, a fellow Brown Leafer Pete (PGrevie) found 6 pipes and an almost full tin of Heine's Blend that was dated 1954. These belonged to his grandfather and needed some advice. I, and others offered advice and the whole thing can be found here. Once Pete got his smoking technique dialed...

Last Post By: Slickside Today, 03:43 AM Go to last post
    sandmountainslim

Old Spice SCORE!

Thread Starter: sandmountainslim

Picked this up today at an antique shop :) Im thrilled . The scent is even still strong! Use it? Save it? Sell it?? Either way I am ecstatic!

Last Post By: Rudy Vey Today, 03:42 AM Go to last post
    Jarick

SPEICKtember 2015

Thread Starter: Jarick

Anyone else participating in SPEICK-tember? I've got a brand new stick and most of a tube of cream on deck. Thinking about the splash as well.

Last Post By: NavyShave Today, 03:41 AM Go to last post
    Samon

Ahoy hoy from England!

Thread Starter: Samon

Yo, newb to the forum here! Been traditionally shaving with Cut Throat razors for some time now with great pleasure and showing up to say hi and learn about double edge safety razors and the odd bit about cut throats I'm sure there is left to absorb. :) Samon

Last Post By: Cumberland Sausage Today, 03:40 AM Go to last post
    mmaggi

Proraso Green

Thread Starter: mmaggi

A family member got back from Italy this past Saturday and they had some shave supplies for me. I requested and was given a tub of Proraso Green soap. Also part of the request was Proraso White cream, Proraso AS Lotion and the boar brush (Omega 10048). The total was less than $20. Proraso Green...

Last Post By: acissa Today, 03:32 AM Go to last post
    johnniegold

My Guess... 3017

Thread Starter: johnniegold

Over the course of the last year I have been concentrating on using and finishing product. I have been going through aftershaves, colognes and shaving creams and sold off most of the excess. But the soaps... well, I just like them all and don't want to unload them. Over the last several months I...

Last Post By: Jinx18 Today, 03:32 AM Go to last post
    Big Daddy Treevo

A new adventure.

Thread Starter: Big Daddy Treevo

I can understand how quickly this hobb can become addictive. I am three weeks in and adapting as I learn. I purchased a EJ DE89L and then after discussing it with my brother, received my father's Gilette Super Speed Red Tip. I have gone from Proraso green to Body Shop Macca root soap and...

Last Post By: Cumberland Sausage Today, 03:29 AM Go to last post
    OldZephyr

Personna Plant in Verona. Virginia to remain open

Thread Starter: OldZephyr

I use the US made Personna "blue" blades, and a while ago there was a thread about the parent company's intent to spin off the razor blade line and maybe close the plant. According to this news article, an outfit called AccuTec Blades has bought the plant and the business, so it looks like the...

Last Post By: frstplce Today, 03:29 AM Go to last post
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.