• Walter Sobchak

There is no available content written by Walter Sobchak
  • Shave Clinic & Newbie Check In

• Recent Activity

mshanen

Cold River Soap Works PIF

Thread Starter: mshanen

I ended up with an extra tub of Original Royal Fougere shaving soap from Cold River Soap Works and would like to do a quick PIF to someone who has never tried their soaps. Shaved this morning with Classic Savon No 1 and it was great. Customer service is top notch as well. Respond with "never...

Last Post By: dladuke Today, 04:10 PM Go to last post
    Handsome Rob

New Shaver Checking In

Thread Starter: Handsome Rob

Hello B&B! I'm looking forward to learning more about DE shaving here. I'm 3 blades into my first DE and cutting myself less and less. I used to get bad ingrowns and bumps from shaving electric or cartridge and was losing hope of ever having a smooth neck again. One week in and those red bumps...

Last Post By: Handsome Rob Today, 04:10 PM Go to last post
    Sploosh

Newbie Straight razor official "dry" run

Thread Starter: Sploosh

As I'm such a noob to wet shaving, I figured I would try a dry run using a butter knife (don't laugh!). Didn't use a pre-shave. Just soaked by Boar brush for 5 minutes or so in my lather bowl, moistened my face with hot water, loaded my brush and away I went. Lessons I learned from...

Last Post By: tyrionstark Today, 04:10 PM Go to last post
    The M

What Was Your Cream Today?

Thread Starter: The M

Hey why not! theres one for the soaps so why not one for the creams. So just post what cream that YOU used today.

Last Post By: soodtiit Today, 04:09 PM Go to last post
    chrisf8657

Need Ink Recommendation

Thread Starter: chrisf8657

Hi guys, Never been to The Nib before, but I have my interests here in the Safety Razors. However, like classic things, I like to use a Fountain pen for writing when I can. I am using a Waterman Phileas at the moment, and am using a converter, as I do not care for cartridges as they are...

Last Post By: SAPed Today, 04:09 PM Go to last post
    AZBronco

Shave like grandpa

Thread Starter: AZBronco

I've been thinking about how many of us like to think we shave like grandpa. But I think there's a big difference between us and grandpa--RAD, SAD, SCADD, etc., while grandpa likely had one razor, one soap or cream, one brush, and one aftershave. In the spirit of gentlemanly restraint, I'm...

Last Post By: ironfist Today, 04:07 PM Go to last post
    GlennConti

Gillette NDC Bottom Dial 1-5

Thread Starter: GlennConti

Well I am the proud owner of a 1-5 Bottom Dial. I just won it on ebay. I've been waiting for one for years and I can't believe I just got one. I would have hoped for better condition but it will definitely do. ...

Last Post By: stromberg Today, 04:07 PM Go to last post
    beginish

What's Your Brush Today?

Thread Starter: beginish

Rooney Heritage Victorian bowl lathering Cade Soap

Last Post By: Musikmann Today, 04:06 PM Go to last post
    Sho-Nuff

One of the most beautiful razors ever.on its way!

Thread Starter: Sho-Nuff

Picked this up on the Bay! To me this is one of the most beautiful razors ever made! I may have paid a bit too much for it at $146 but I am still excited to get it! 1934 open comb, TTO, barber pole Aristocrat. Can't wait to get her clean and in the line up! If anyone has one I would love to...

Last Post By: BSAGuy Today, 04:04 PM Go to last post
    doctordial

Recommend a razor

Thread Starter: doctordial

Ok Gent's I've been using a Merkhur 39C exclusively and I'm getting good excellent shaves with it. I'm just curious(and you all might be wondering why) as to what would be another razor to use that is similar to the slant. After I shave with a fresh blade. I't feels as though I don't shave because...

Last Post By: gwsmallwood Today, 04:03 PM Go to last post
By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.