• Walter Sobchak

There is no available content written by Walter Sobchak
  • Shave Clinic & Newbie Check In

• Recent Activity

Jukas

Do you straight while traveling?

Thread Starter: Jukas

So early next month I'm going to be traveling for a week. I've been strictly shaving with a straight for the last month but I'm unsure what to do for the week I'm gone as I'll be flying and hoteling it. Take a cheap straight in checked luggage? Go back to a DE for the week? If so, can you...

Last Post By: cj3410 Today, 06:31 PM Go to last post
    TheVez2

Who, on B&B, would you most like to meet in person?

Thread Starter: TheVez2

Not sure why I was thinking about this the other day, but every now and then when I read someone's post, or just think about how that person posts in general, I wonder what that person would be like "in person". I got to thinking of all the guys who, for one reason or another, I'd love to sit down...

Last Post By: brianw Today, 06:30 PM Go to last post
    DaltonGang

Pif: 1000 posts thanksgiving

Thread Starter: DaltonGang

I have thought about this for a while, and came to the conclusion that this PIF should consist of things that I enjoy using, and have meaning to me. Rules of the PIF are: 1. Say I'm In. 2. Tell us, from the heart, what you are truly thankful for lately. 3. Be a member since before 10-05-2014,...

Last Post By: Blayzn Today, 06:30 PM Go to last post
    benzology

Movember Emergency Shave!

Thread Starter: benzology

Hey All - firstly I want to say thanks to all of you for welcoming me on this great forum, its been superb! So I did the right thing this Movember and along with a few of the boys from work I started growing a moustache in support of prostate and testicular cancer. Things were progressing...

Last Post By: Purplemonkey Today, 06:30 PM Go to last post
    K9CD5QN

Can a straight razor be too sharp? Opinions welcome!

Thread Starter: K9CD5QN

So... I recently renewed my interest in straight razor shaving and purchased a high quality straight razor. I won't post the maker here because I don't want to disparage any maker unjustly, but it was purchased directly from an authorized retailer. The razor was billed as "shave ready" with a...

Last Post By: lmarkow Today, 06:30 PM Go to last post
    Chumango

What should my second soap be?

Thread Starter: Chumango

I'm still pretty new to this (10 shaves into the journey), and currently have only one soap - Palmolive stick. I use a boar brush. I think my wife wants ideas for something to give me, so I ask - what should my second soap be? Requirements: Performance - I don't care how good it smells, if...

Last Post By: hey_joe Today, 06:29 PM Go to last post
    jzuzphreek

Café Acquisition Thread

Thread Starter: jzuzphreek

It seems all the other subs have an Acquisition thread of some sort. How come there's no sticky for our home café hardware acquisitions? To start it off, this week I acquired an 8 cup Chemex and a Baratza Encore grinder! (Thanks to my beautiful wife :001_tt1:!)

Last Post By: oakeshott Today, 06:28 PM Go to last post
    dreadpirate

Why Spend more than $100 on a Brush?

Thread Starter: dreadpirate

I have 3 brushes; Rooney, Semogue, and an olive wood handle Dovo (my first brush). These are all great brushes. All under $100 (just barely for the Rooney and Dovo). (Also have a Muhle travel brush; but that doesn't count). Hell - there are a lot of great brushes under $50. Look at the...

Last Post By: UUNetBill Today, 06:28 PM Go to last post
    CT23

Feeling horn-ish

Thread Starter: CT23

I'm just loving the faux horn handles. Maybe I should spring for a real one, but for the time being these will do. I'll have to get around to making a better photo sometime that really shows off the look... The EJ is new. I did some bowl lathering and no matter how fluffy or wet the lather is...

Last Post By: CT23 Today, 06:27 PM Go to last post
    coase

Your favorite underpriced soap

Thread Starter: coase

Which soap do you find to be so good that it would be worth double or even triple the price to you (especially if packaged in a really nice container)?

Last Post By: afd359 Today, 06:26 PM Go to last post
By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.