• heirkb

There is no available content written by heirkb
  • Shave Clinic & Newbie Check In

• Recent Activity

Gamma

Fire Hose Linen

Thread Starter: Gamma

Scored a 45' length of 3" wide hose, cut it down, cleaned it up. I'm a fan. Seems to enhance edge sharpness. Love the feel. This is a heavy dense weave hose; that colored stripe has no effect on anything but I'll probably use the other side most often.

Last Post By: rickboone1 Today, 07:12 PM Go to last post
    Taipei Personality

Stainless Razor Comparable to a Merkur 34C?

Thread Starter: Taipei Personality

Gents, I've been wetshaving for the past seven years or so and have been using the 34C exclusively since my initial experimentation with a myriad of other vintage and new razors. The 34C gives me a smooth, comfortable shave. Lately, I've had a desire to upgrade from Zamak to stainless. I...

Last Post By: JohnG10 Today, 07:12 PM Go to last post
    Tester28

Why are shaving bowls so expensive?

Thread Starter: Tester28

Theyre not much different from other bowls apart from ridges in the bottom....so why the crazy prices. Ive seen a normal porcelain bowl for under 5 bucks yet shaving bowls for 35 bucks....what gives?

Last Post By: pault Today, 07:12 PM Go to last post
    Slickside

When is it clean.or clean enough?

Thread Starter: Slickside

As I was cleaning two pipes I had smoked today the thought occurred to me, when do I stop running pipe cleaners Though them? I generally run two cleaners through the pipe. One in the stem and one in the stummel. I soak one end in everclear and mop up with the other end. I can tell you that I don't...

Last Post By: captaincaveman Today, 07:11 PM Go to last post
    Alex7

Suggestions for a second razor

Thread Starter: Alex7

My first razor that I bought was the Edwin Jagger DE89 http://www.westcoastshaving.com/Edwin-Jagger-DE-Safety-Razor-Extra-Grip-Handle-Knurled-Chrome_p_2496.html. Any suggestions for a second razor? A slant or adjustable maybe?

Last Post By: benzology Today, 07:11 PM Go to last post
    alexmc545

Speick Active AS

Thread Starter: alexmc545

I love the Speick scent, deodorant specifically, and I'm looking to pick up some cream and AS splash. Has anyone tried the "Active" line from Speick? I saw it listed on Fendrihan, and just wondering if the Active scent is different from the normal balsam scent. Any input would be appreciated

Last Post By: NavyShave Today, 07:11 PM Go to last post
    billobob

What's your go to beer?

Thread Starter: billobob

Sometimes in my demographic (late 20s) I feel I'm of the rare opinion that I prefer to have a few standbys instead of trying a new beer every week. I enjoy trying new beers as much as the next guy, but most of my exposure comes from trying new stuff which comes up on the tap at some bars with a...

Last Post By: jgarlopa Today, 07:10 PM Go to last post
    feltspanky

Ulfberht Viking Sword Discovery

Thread Starter: feltspanky

http://www.inquisitr.com/1688376/ulfberht-viking-sword-monks-may-have-forged-superstrong-weapons/

Last Post By: Orville Today, 07:09 PM Go to last post
    bmcecil

belt leather as homemade strop

Thread Starter: bmcecil

Let me start by saying there is no way I can spend $80+ on a strop at this point in my life so, I have been trying to think of ways of making my own hanging strop. I have come across some belt leather that I can get in a 2 1/2in width and is just plain ole' cowhide. Do y'all think that this would...

Last Post By: Gamma Today, 07:09 PM Go to last post
    alex2363

Barbasol razor info thread. Any info and pics posted here.

Thread Starter: alex2363

This thread is for any info on Barbasol razors. The Floating head had many confused. Lets start out with pics and examples of what the Floating Head Barbasols are and what they look like, take pics to illustrate. We can also add history or any other inside info that we have on anything Barbasol....

Last Post By: armybuck041 Today, 07:09 PM Go to last post
By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.