• heirkb

There is no available content written by heirkb
  • Shave Clinic & Newbie Check In

• Recent Activity

Bill Christman

Voskhod- What are they comparable to?

Thread Starter: Bill Christman

I have been interested in trying Voskhod blades due to the great reviews I have read about them on this forum. There seems to be a lot of people who really sing their praises. What I'm interested in is this- Currently, I use Bolzanos, Perma Sharps, Feathers-which seem to disagree with me now as...

Last Post By: RABIDMONKEY Today, 01:09 AM Go to last post

Wife dragging me along to ikea.ideas?

Thread Starter: bingo82d

So I am going to ikea since SWMBO wants to go this weekend...oh yay (sarcastic) anyway I have looked on the website and for bathroom supplies all I see are shower caddies and some towel racks. If any of you gents have been there recently and found anything for your dens do you mind passing along...

Last Post By: RABIDMONKEY Today, 01:07 AM Go to last post

Nathan Clark Custom v Savillle Row 3824

Thread Starter: Boba81

Hi Everyone. I need some advice. I have a Kent BK8 Silvertip in which the handle broke in a freak accident. I am thinking about getting it re-handled via Nathan Clark. Awesome communication with him. However I am also thinking about purchasing a Saville Row 3824 instead. The Kent was a gift from my...

Last Post By: mulciber Today, 01:05 AM Go to last post

Show Me Your Safety Razor Collection

Thread Starter: muhleskinner

Mine is pretty modest: 20 razors total and some of them duplicates. Top Row Gem Micromatic Open Comb 1912 Ever-Ready Gem G-Bar Gem Junior

Last Post By: Jacquers Today, 12:44 AM Go to last post

The Decline of the Sport Coat

Thread Starter: Jarick

I'm 32 years old so for most of my life, young to middle-aged men just didn't wear sport coats. We've seen what passes for business casual so often. Before we went to business casual at my job, the dress code was basically slacks, button down, and a tie. NOBODY wore a sport coat. Over the...

Last Post By: lancelot Today, 12:43 AM Go to last post

Best shaving brush for $10 and under?

Thread Starter: Razorburn92

So I'm thinking about getting a new shaving brush from Omega, but I don't have a lot of money to spend on one so I've set my budget to $10 bucks. I'd like to know if you guys have ever used a Omega brush that was cheaper than 10 bucks and how does it lather, how's the quality etc? I'm not one of...

Last Post By: Galhatz Today, 12:41 AM Go to last post

Indian made $6 brand new Gillette Tech

Thread Starter: play

Just wanted to share something I found and perhaps newer DE recruits can try this like I did. May be some members already know about this. In India, apparently Gillette is still making Tech razors. I got mine last week and have been shaving with it since. I thought I'd share this information...

Last Post By: Jacquers Today, 12:40 AM Go to last post

Jump into manhood @ 33

Thread Starter: ClintonP

Just wanted to check in with my first post. I had my first real shave a yesterday. I used my grandfather's old Gillette Super Speed a cheap Perfecto Pure Badger Brush and TOBS Sandlewood Cream. I must say, even with a novice skill level, the shave was much better than the drug store generic 6...

Last Post By: _Brad Today, 12:37 AM Go to last post
    Vintage Modern

Funny/Unusual Vintage Advertisements

Thread Starter: Vintage Modern

A while back, a few of us started posting some vintage ads for different medicines, "cure alls", and ads touting which brand of cigarette doctors recommend on this thread on the history of witch hazel: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/466595-History-of-Witch-Hazel Some great material...

Last Post By: ZergoZatgai Today, 12:36 AM Go to last post

Slim setting corresponding to a Red Tip?

Thread Starter: aladale

Just got a slim. It's been thoroughly cleaned, sanitized and polished (by me) and ready to go. But, my daily driver is now a Red Tip and I just want to get in the general vicinity of aggressiveness for my first shave. So, is there a setting that corresponds to a Red Tip?

Last Post By: dcc Today, 12:31 AM Go to last post
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Image Gallery provided by DragonByte Gallery (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.