• xChris

There is no available content written by xChris
  • Shave Clinic & Newbie Check In

• Recent Activity

Rugger007

Any advice!

Thread Starter: Rugger007

I just purchased a new feather AC DX. There is an undeniable pull to a straight razor that I just can't ignore. I decided to go with the feather as it the moment I don't have the time to be able to properly care for a true straight although if all goes well with the feather I may just take the...

Last Post By: 6Cuda6 Today, 06:26 PM Go to last post
    turtle

National Parks FREE Admission 25-28

Thread Starter: turtle

All US National Parks will be open with NO admission fee from August 25 through August 28 celebrating the 100th anniversary of the National Park Service If you have not visited your National Parke lately GO!!! https://www.nps.gov/aboutus/npsbirthday.htm

Last Post By: Graybeard57 Today, 06:23 PM Go to last post
    play

Universal Italy DE shavette V/S Feather shavette

Thread Starter: play

I'd like to hear thoughts from gentlemen who have used them both. I've been using Feather Japanese style SS shavette for quite some time and like it a lot. It weighs 44 grams and it feels a bit inadequate to me. I saw a Universal shavette that uses a full DE blade and weighs 55 grams. So, it...

Last Post By: wetshaveyyc Today, 06:23 PM Go to last post
    eezee

What Is Your Go To Rye?

Thread Starter: eezee

I've tried the following rye whiskeys in Old-Fashioneds and Manhattans: George Dickel Wild Turkey Bulleit Jim Beam Old Overholt At the moment the Wild Turkey is my favorite, though I've yet to try Rittenhouse. Was curious as to what rye whiskey you gents like as your "go to."

Last Post By: brianhud Today, 06:22 PM Go to last post
    Welshman

New Boker Open Comb - Anyone have one?

Thread Starter: Welshman

Hi all This is currently making its way to me from Germany.... Just wondered if anyone here has tried one, bought one, or knows anything about it? According to the vendor (and manufacturer) - it's German made, nickel coated brass - handle, base plate and head....

Last Post By: eastomjac Today, 06:21 PM Go to last post
    frianm

Help - Simpson shedding - warranty?

Thread Starter: frianm

Good morning - I have a Simpson Colonel that is shedding about ten hairs per use. I know I cannot stop it - I rinse and hang the brush after each use. Is there any warranty on these. I bought it from Amazon in the early Spring of this year. Does anyone have experience of working with Simpson? ...

Last Post By: frianm Today, 06:21 PM Go to last post
    jstr2112

Hello from a "new" Wet shaver

Thread Starter: jstr2112

O.k. I have checked the place out a bit and have decided to introduce myself and to tell my story as well. :biggrin1: Hi, my name is Jeff but will answer to JSTR/Jester or Hey You. I live in VA and have spent most of my adult life in different parts of the state. I grew up in Baltimore...

Last Post By: Graybeard57 Today, 06:19 PM Go to last post
    mjrinehart27

My New 24mm Whipped Dog High Mountain Badger Brush

Thread Starter: mjrinehart27

Just got my new brush from Larry in the mail today. I'll update this with more on how it performs later tonight when I shave, but I wanted to go ahead and post a picture of it now. I can go ahead and say dealing with Larry was fantastic. Fast email response times and fast shipping. (The brush...

Last Post By: labrax Today, 06:18 PM Go to last post
    wetshaveyyc

Feather Super Pro Artist Club - Have You Tried One?

Thread Starter: wetshaveyyc

Supposedly the keenest commercially manufactured blade in the world. My experience so far has been positive, I'm curious what you guys have to say.

Last Post By: wetshaveyyc Today, 06:17 PM Go to last post
    Sem Calca

Sem Calca's Entry to the Hall of Fame

Thread Starter: Sem Calca

Hall of Fame EntryWhat is your real name? Dave What are your nicknames/aliases? Sem Calca Where do you live? Los Angeles What is your age (or) generation? 36 What are you in the real world? Therapist at a residential facility for adolescents. What is your favorite shave setup? Currently...

Last Post By: Graybeard57 Today, 06:16 PM Go to last post
Image Gallery provided by DragonByte Gallery (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.