Whether you’re an experienced or brand new shaver, these threads will help in your quest for a smooth, irritation-free shave. They’re full of tips, tricks, and hard-won advice from our members (advice that you’ll be soon distributing to friends and new B&B members yourself!).
- Please make sure that you read the Forum Etiquette and the TOU - Term of usage before using this forum.
- Welcome to who? - Please update your signature.
- What the heck does that mean? - Here is a list of abbreviations and acronyms used on B&B.
- New? First Shave? What do you need to know? - Getting ready for your first shave?
- How-to: Pre-Shave Prep – (AKA Kyle's Prep) Prep is the most essential component of a great shave. Before you think about changing blades, razors, soaps/creams try this!
- Interactive DE Thread – A massive resource! Tips on double-edge razor and blade selection, brushes, soaps and creams, shaving how-to’s, you name it!
- Interactive Guide to Straight Razor– A massive resource! Tips on Straight Razors!
- The B&B Guide to Shaving Brushes – Looking for a first, second, or 14th brush? Learn all about key differences here.
- Aftershaves for the Wet Shaver – Splash or balm? Which aftershaves may work best for you? An outstanding guide to aftershave selection by skin type.
- Tutorials on how to make lather! - Every soap user should read this. It will significantly improve your lather.
- B&B Supporting Vendors – A list of B&B Supporting Vendors.
- Shopping Links – A comprehensive list of vendors who provide wetshaving supplies.
- Shaving resources in your town - Internet ordering is great, but sometimes you want to sniff or see something before buying! Brick and mortar stores listed by city.
- What works for me... - An excellent summary of important tips & techniques from a B&B great.
- New User FAQ - Clear and concise answers to many of the great questions new members ask.
- My dos centavos – A veteran wetshaver reflects on shaving and life. Great post for folks starting out!
- A nervous black male seeking a solution... -A fine post on the in-grown hair problem some men face.
- Finding your Shave - 5 Tips – “It’s a marathon, not a sprint,” as they say. This post is a great reminder to take things at your own pace.
- Starting out? Listen Up-This Means You! – Come back to this thread after you’ve been wetshaving for a couple of weeks. It’s a great reminder of the things we sometimes forget as we dive in!
- The Four Pass shave- A masterful discourse on the four pass shave by one of wetshaving’s true superstars.
- Guide to Inexpensive Soaps and Creams – An overview of some excellent shave soaps and creams, many of which can be found in your local drugstore.
- What would I do differently if starting over again - Senior members and many others reflect on what they’d do differently when they started wetshaving, given what they’ve learned over the years.
- Blade Angle - How to find and use the correct blade angle while shaving.
- B&B FAQ – From our wiki, which is a great source of all sorts of information, comes this list of frequently asked B&B and shaving questions.
- Shaving Journals - Members experiences
- Active Duty Members - If you are currently serving in the military, please check in.
- Veteran Roll Call - If you used to serve and are now retired from the military life, please check in.
Good luck and have fun!