• 2012 Sue Moore Day Announcement and contest!

The Second Annual Sue Moore Day Celebration at B&B

This coming November will mark the two-year anniversary that we here at B&B lost our dear friend, Sue Moore, to breast cancer. Prior to her passing, Sue was the recipient of the B&B Merit Award and as a part of her award, we here at B&B proclaimed October 19th (the date Sue was inducted into the Merit Award Gallery) to forever be Sue Moore Day at B&B.

So join us this October 19th to commemorate the life of one of B&B's most beloved members when we celebrate Sue Moore Day with.....

"THE B&B AUCTION"

Come on down and bid on items that have been generously donated to B&B in honor of Sue Moore Day. Here is a preview of some of the items that we be available at the B&B Auction.

And many many more items!

All the proceeds raised from the B&B Auction will be donated to the National Breast Cancer Foundation to help them in their fight against breast cancer.

So come join B&B in celebrating the life of Sue Moore and be a part of the B&B Auction to help raise awareness and funds for a wonderful cause.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: 2012 Sue Moore Day Announcement and contest! started by johnniegold View original post
  • Shave Clinic & Newbie Check In

• Recent Activity

Captain Murphy

Gillette Frankenfatty Pass-around

Thread Starter: Captain Murphy

Greetings everyone! As promised, the frankenfatty has been resurrected and is ready for the anticipated pass-around: Here are the rules/requirements: 1. Must have been a member for 3 months. 2. Have a minimum of 60 posts. 3. Do not own a Gillette Fat Boy Razor, but would like to try...

Last Post By: Captain Murphy Today, 05:12 PM Go to last post
    KenGriffith45

Now I get the OC 'thing'

Thread Starter: KenGriffith45

Just put my Parker 26c open comb razor through its first shave and I get why you guys rave about the OC experience, now. I felt a lot more in-touch with the shave - there was more tactile feedback, I guess. I got as close a shave as with any other of my pitifully few razors (4!) with only WTG and...

Last Post By: ncfyrfyter Today, 05:12 PM Go to last post
    jgarlopa

Ghetto Brush Stand

Thread Starter: jgarlopa

I started shaving with a straight razor a few months ago. I had just finished buying all my necessary supplies (brush, razor, 110 blades, etc.) and didn't want to spend another $40+ on a stand for my new brush, so I just made my own with things that I had around the house. I normally only buy glass...

Last Post By: 01HDFXD Today, 05:11 PM Go to last post
    BaldyCoot

First DE Shave since mid 1970s.

Thread Starter: BaldyCoot

I've been wracking my brain trying to remember, but I'm sure that when I first shaved in high school in the 70s I used a DE razor. I seem to recall it not going very smoothly, and I moved on to the technological marvel of the day, the Trac Two (ooh, 2 blades!). :laugh: So after a few decades...

Last Post By: dpmtherrien Today, 05:11 PM Go to last post
    docholliday77

Best Inks for Lamy AL-Star

Thread Starter: docholliday77

Okay, instead of persistently whining about this pen (see most of my other pen-related posts) :blushing:, I thought maybe I should DO something about it. Background: This pen cost me ~$40. It was my very first FP. I have used Lamy carts and the Lamy piston converter that I bought with it....

Last Post By: Rockminer Today, 05:11 PM Go to last post
    Captain Murphy

Gillette Super Adjustable Disassembly

Thread Starter: Captain Murphy

Greetings everyone! I humbly present yet another Gillette adjustable thread! This one will deal exclusively with the Black handle "super adjustable" For your viewing pleasure and reference, here is a quick video on the disassembly: I want to give a special thanks to Teppanyaki and Chiefmate...

Last Post By: Captain Murphy Today, 05:11 PM Go to last post
    imcndn

The two pass shave.

Thread Starter: imcndn

Today I switched it up a bit from my usual 3 pass (WTG XTG ATG) shave and skipped the XTG pass. Why have I never done this before?!? The XTG pass is the most awkward for me and if I am going to nick myself it's always in the XTG pass. The WTG/ATG shave today was quicker (duh), damn near as...

Last Post By: dpmtherrien Today, 05:10 PM Go to last post
    scag315

how can i bring these horn scales back to life?

Thread Starter: scag315

I would like to get these cleaned up and looking nice (minus the bug bites can do nothing about)

Last Post By: fordfather Today, 05:10 PM Go to last post
    mjsanta83

A little Help

Thread Starter: mjsanta83

JMJ - I wanted to know what other thought about my little issue, so here it is: I have a Merkur Long handle (my first razor) and I load it with a Personna Med Prep and get a DFS with little or no irritation for 5 shaves. I loaded an old Gillette tech with a Personna Med Prep and got a...

Last Post By: PMT Today, 05:10 PM Go to last post
    coase

The Importance of Prep - 1917 edition

Thread Starter: coase

From Russell Adams' book King Gillette: "Some doughboys, untutored in the mysteries of safety razoring, complained on their first try at it that the blades were so dull that they just would not cut whiskers at all. Things were set right when seasoned veterans advised that it was always...

Last Post By: Citizen C Today, 05:10 PM Go to last post
By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.