PDA

View Full Version : New Items at Elite Razor

Eskimo
06-25-2009, 10:27 AM
I have just completed several new stone pieces, including Kingman Turquoise, that are now available.

For those who might be looking for a long-handled Merkur in Gold, that option is available as the 34G XL and 37G XL and will be listed under product options.

These exciting new pieces can be found at www.eliterazor.com .

Please drop me an email or a PM if you see something that sparks your interest but might require a modification. That is what helps to keep my products evolving.

Thanks,

Bob Quinn

Eskimo
06-28-2009, 11:48 AM
Below is a just completed custom order for a Carbon-Laced Jasper set. The true name for this stone is "Bloody Basin Jasper", named for the area in Arizona where it is mined. This is perhaps not the best name for a shaving related product, hence the moniker "Carbon-Laced Jasper". The set contains a Merkur 38C and a 22mm Super Badger knot in the brush.

Thanks for looking,

Bob Quinn

BullGoose
07-07-2009, 03:58 PM
Below is a just completed custom order for a Carbon-Laced Jasper set. The true name for this stone is "Bloody Basin Jasper", named for the area in Arizona where it is mined. This is perhaps not the best name for a shaving related product, hence the moniker "Carbon-Laced Jasper". The set contains a Merkur 38C and a 22mm Super Badger knot in the brush.

Thanks for looking,

Bob Quinn

Wow! Very Impressive. How much do the brush and razor weigh?

Austin
07-07-2009, 09:56 PM
Bob, I bookmarked your site. I have my eye on the lapis stone DE. Nice work on those razors.

Eskimo
07-08-2009, 06:31 AM
Wow! Very Impressive. How much do the brush and razor weigh?

Thanks for looking. The brush weighs in at 2.8 oz and the 38C is 4.0 oz, matching the factory standard.

Weight and grip are the two most common questions posed about the stone razors. Unlike wood, which can vary in weight from species to species, the stone razors consistently match the weight of the original razor as it comes from the factory.

The stone contains a bonding resin that provides a superlative grip, particularly when wet. Combined with the flared profile of the handle, the grip is very secure.

Bob

Eskimo
07-09-2009, 03:25 PM
OK, so the economy has taken its toll on all of us.........

Elite Razor would like to do our part with our own version of a "Shaving Stimulus Package" and announce that we have reduced our pricing across the board on the full line of custom shaving equipment.

We have also added several new items, including handles made from Banded Malachite, as shown below:

In an effort to get things started, I have a Carbon Laced Red Jasper brush that is available to the first person to PM for $55. The overall height is 103mm and the loft is 52mm. The knot is a 20mm Super Badger from Anthony at The Golden Nib. The base features an insert of pure black Onyx.

Please visit our site at www.eliterazor.com and see the rest of our pieces.

Thanks,

Bob Quinn

TstebinsB
07-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Amazing work, Bob! I'm definitely getting a Merkur 38C and a matching Silvertip brush but there are so many wonderful options available, it'll be hard to choose. By the way, that Damascus fountain pen is true elegance. :thumbsup:

Eskimo
07-13-2009, 11:20 AM
The Red Jasper brush has been spoken for. Thanks to all for your interest.

Bob

Evander
07-16-2009, 01:36 PM
I already PMed Bob to tell him this, but I felt the need to share it publicly as well.

My Red Jasper brush arrived from Bob today, and I have to say as great as it looks in the above pictures, those pictures don't even do it proper justice.

It is a gorgeous, glossy crimson (a little darker than the pictures. This shade of red is definitely worthy of the name "bloody basin", which I must admit to enjoying the irony of), with small veins of black running wild through it. The bristles are wonderfully soft to the touch, but firm as well.

I don't have a camera handy right now, but I'll try to take some more pictures of it later (see if I can capture the deepness of the color properly, without too much reflecting light brightening it) and post them up in the acquisitions thread.

I'll definitely be recommending Elite Razor to any friends of mine who may be looking for custom shaving tools in the future.

Sluggo
07-16-2009, 01:47 PM
Yep, Bob does really nice work...and he is a heck of a gentleman.

lsbrodsky
07-17-2009, 03:22 AM
Indeed! I agree
Larry

Evander
07-24-2009, 11:05 AM
Finally got my pictures taken (it's been one of those weeks)

They're in last week's acquisition's thread, but here's a direct link: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showpost.php?p=1354851&postcount=82

Eskimo
07-24-2009, 12:42 PM
We have just added two new stone pieces, Azurite and Wild Horse Jasper.

The Azurite shown below bears a strong resemblance to Blue Lapis, but has veins of Copper thoughout that create a beautiful piece.

The Wild Horse Jasper is mined in the Wild Horse Canyon in Oregon and is a Quartz based piece with distinguishing crimson and black veins.

We are also gearing up to begin building handles for the Merkur 3-piece razors in both the open comb and straight bar in both the short and long handles. We expect these items to be available in the next few weeks.

Thanks,

Bob Quinn

Eskimo
07-26-2009, 05:48 PM
We have just completed quite a few new pieces, including the items shown below.

Two tone Amboyna Burl, Bamboo, Brown Mallee Burl with Blue Resin and Red Mallee Burl

The set below is made from American Holly

Thanks,

Bob

julianrosenberg
07-27-2009, 09:42 AM
Do you make these razors in a travel size? Specifically, the ability to be easily broken down into 2 or 3 pieces.

Eskimo
07-27-2009, 07:22 PM
Do you make these razors in a travel size? Specifically, the ability to be easily broken down into 2 or 3 pieces.

I can certainly build a custom handle for a traditional 3-piece razor, where the head unscrews from the handle. With some thought, I am sure I can devise a multi-part handle that would unscrew into 2 pieces.

The challenge with emulating the Merkur travel razor is the unique method of fitting the two handle parts together for storage in the travel case.

If you are interested in pursuing this type of razor, PM me and we can talk about design alternatives.

Bob

Eskimo
07-31-2009, 09:18 AM
We've recently came across a few materials that created some very unique pieces.

The Zebra striped razor and brush are made from a poured Neo-Resin and make a very striking set. The brush has a 24mm Silvertip knot and the razor is a new Merkur 34C.

These two razors feature handles made from Bakelite. This material dates to the 1930's and was originally intended to be made into poker chips.

These and several other new items are now available at www.eliterazor.com

Thanks,

Bob

CarlosAT
07-31-2009, 10:38 AM
Bob, these look like works of art. Absolutely beautiful!! :drool:

tlanning
07-31-2009, 10:56 AM
Simply beautiful! Out of my league

Evbo
07-31-2009, 03:46 PM
Bob, I bookmarked your site. I have my eye on the lapis stone DE. Nice work on those razors.

+1 on the lapis. Beautiful! :thumbup1:

whitebar
08-01-2009, 01:14 PM

+1 on the lapis. Beautiful! :thumbup1:

+2 I've almost bought that one a couple of times. For now though I'm really quite content with the rattlesnake razor I purchased from Bob. It is the most amazing DE handle I've ever seen. The good news for me is that in its current state it doesn't bite anymore, even with a Feather or Swede! :lol:

Eskimo
08-09-2009, 02:30 PM
We have just added a number of new items and would like to highlight two pieces in particular.

This handle is made from Gold-Laced Quartz and is shown with the head of a Merkur 23C. It will also accommodate a 25C (Open Comb) head. We are pleased to now have items available for the 3-piece razors. This handle will also fit an Edwin Jagger DE head. If you are interested in acquiring only the handle to use with an existing head, please PM me.

The Merkur 34C shown below has a custom handle make from Damascus Steel. Damascus Steel has a long and distinguished history and we are pleased to be able to offer this item.

We have also added a number of new brushes in both stone and Neo-Resinate with 22mm Silvertip knots.

Thanks,

Bob Quinn

Eskimo
08-17-2009, 08:10 AM
For anyone who might prefer a slimmer handle, we now offer the Merkur 23C with a custom handle. The razor shown below replaces only the handle and leaves the original threaded collar and tail piece in place. The razor in total measures just over 4" in length.

These handles can be built slimmer or fuller and of any length or material.

Thanks for looking,

Bob

Eskimo
08-29-2009, 02:28 PM
I just completed quite a few new pieces that have been listed at www.EliteRazor.com. I have been working with some dyed wood, such as the Blue Curly Maple and the Brown Box Elder Burl shown below.

I have also just completed a Merkur 34C with a custom handle of Python skin encased in crystal-clear acrylic.

I am offering this piece at a discounted price of $75 to the first person to respond either in this forum or by PM.

Thanks,

Bob Quinn

Eskimo
09-03-2009, 07:11 AM
Thank you to everyone for your interest in my work.

The Python piece is no longer available.

Thanks,

Bob

Eskimo
09-10-2009, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the recognition on the Perfect Shave blog! http://bit.ly/12xXJK

Eskimo
09-12-2009, 09:20 AM
We have added quite a few new pieces, including custom handles for the Merkur 23 and 33 series and our new Wildlife Collection of handles made from exotic animal skins.

We have also gone back in time to offer a few pieces made from extraordinary selections of wood. The two razors shown below have handles made from extremely old wood. The dark handled 34C is made from Irish Bog Oak, which has lain submerged in Ireland's peat bogs for over 5,000 years.....well before St. Patrick. The lighter brown 38C is made from Ancient Kauri wood from New Zealand. This wood has been carbon dated to more than 45,000 years old and is the oldest workable wood in the world by far.

Please check these items put at www.EliteRazor.com , as well as our other new additions.

Thanks,

Bob Quinn

Eskimo
10-11-2009, 02:53 PM
Bump

Eskimo
11-07-2009, 12:36 PM
I am pleased to announce that I have been able to adjust the pricing on my custom Merkur razors downward in preparation for the holiday season. All of my custom pieces feature brand new Merkur components to deliver the quality shave you would expect from a Merkur.

Please take a look at www.eliterazor.com to see the unique pieces we have available. Also, please drop me a note if you would like me to build something special for you.

Thanks to all for your support,

Bob Quinn

DunEdinRanger
11-07-2009, 12:49 PM
Wow, those are some beautiful razors!

slantman
11-07-2009, 09:48 PM
I'am hooked, holy cow

slantman
11-12-2009, 09:16 AM
This handle was custom made by Bob to my specifications using gold quartz for my Edwin Jagger DE89. I should be getting the handle in a couple of days. The head in the picture is for demonstration purposes only.
Bob does fantastic work:biggrin:

Eskimo
12-22-2009, 02:25 PM
I have just completed a few new items that have been listed at www.eliterazor.com.

The two brushes shown below both feature a 24mm Silvertip knot and the handles are Gold Laced Quartz and Dark Blue Lapis.

I was very fortunate to come across the material for the 34C handle shown below. It is the skin from a Copperhead snake, encased in clear resin. I have one piece left that can be made into a longer handle to accommodate a 38 or 39. Please PM me if you are interested in the longer style.

As always, thanks so much for your interest in my work,

Bob Quinn

Eskimo
12-24-2009, 03:34 PM
I just finished a couple of pieces that are among the best things to come out of my shop.

The long-handled gold slant shown below has already found a home. The handle is made of Gold Laced Onyx and the piece has some of the strongest gold thread I've seen.

The brush shown below is Blue Lapis and stands 124mm tall. 66mm for the handle and 58mm for the loft of the brush. The knot is 24mm Super Badger. This handle was just completed and doesn't have a home yet. PM me if you're interested.

Bob Quinn

Eskimo
01-09-2010, 08:36 AM
I am always looking for something unique to use as material for my razor and brush handles. This 24mm Silvertip brush handle is made of shredded US currency encased in a clear PolyResin handle. The shredded money is mixed with the resin, making a "cash stew" and then poured into a mold. The piece is completely solid, but looks as though the currency is "floating".

This is the only one of these handles I have made and it is for sale for $65. Please PM me if you are interested or have any questions.

Thanks,

Bob Quinn

Eskimo
01-24-2010, 04:38 PM
I just completed this brush as a special order for a customer. The handle is made from Bloody Basin Jasper and stands 88mm tall, the knot is a 28mm Silvertip with a loft of 64mm, bringing the total height of the brush to 152mm.

My customer shaves not only his face, but his head, and wanted a large brush. I must admit that I was skeptical at first, but the balance of this brush is amazing and extremely comfortable to hold.

Eskimo
03-05-2010, 01:40 PM
I have just completed a few new brushes that are a bit unique.

This handle is made of the natural end of a piece of Red Mallee Burl, accented with a red wine resinate fill.

Natural Water Buffalo Horn makes up this handle. The piece is completely natural and the high gloss finish was achieved through buffing.

The "Money Brush". Shredded US currency encased in clear acrylic resin makes this a truly unique piece.

The Canadian version of the "Money Brush"

These pieces can be found at www.eliterazor.com

Thank you all for your interest in my work.

Bob

Eskimo
03-23-2010, 11:35 AM
I've been working on some different profiles for my brush handles and have made an attempt at a "Tall Chubby". The wood is Honduran Rosewood Burl and the knot is a 24mm Silvertip. Any comments or suggestions on the handle shape would be appreciated.

I've also completed a few new razors. The handle of the razor below is natural Water Buffalo Horn.

The piece below has a handle made of Granite Corian.

The 38C shown below has a handle made from Mother of Pearl.

This 34C has a handle made from Faux Ivory.

My website has been experiencing some issues recently, so if you might be interested in any of these pieces, feel free to PM or email me.

Thanks,

Bob Quinn

Eskimo
03-28-2010, 02:02 PM
I have recently completed a couple of new razors made of some of my favorite woods, Bethlehem Olive Wood and Irish Bog Oak.

The two razors show below have handles made of authentic Olive wood from the holy city of Bethlehem. This wood is from trees which have been bearing fruit since the time of the Romans.

The 38C below is made of Irish Bog Oak which has lain hidden in the peat bogs of Ireland since before the time of St. Patrick.

These pieces and many more can be found on my website - www.eliterazor.com

Thanks,

Bob Quinn

scottb
04-03-2010, 05:41 AM
Those are beautiful, Bob. I like the tall chubby design.

Oh, I'm itching to get a custom slant, but must be patient and save my pennies.

Eskimo
04-13-2010, 02:22 PM
I just completed a few matched stone sets of razors and brushes.

This set is made from Gold Laced Onyx with a 34G Merkur razor and a 24mm Silvertip brush.

The set below is made from Tourmaline Laced Quartz with a 34C Merkur razor and a 24mm Silvertip brush.

This last set is made from Blue Lapis with a 38C Merkur razor and a 24mm Silvertip brush.

These sets are listed on my site, www.eliterazor.com and I expect to be adding a few other stone sets in the coming weeks.

Thanks,

Bob

Bullseye
04-14-2010, 07:12 PM
That is some real fine work, Bob:thumbup:

Eskimo
05-11-2010, 02:00 PM
The shape of the EverReady brush has attracted me since I first saw one. I finally got around to building a replica using Faux Ivory and Water Buffalo horn as the two components of the handle. The handle will accept a 24mm knot and the picture below shows a Silvertip knot set into the handle.

I also just completed a matched razor and brush set in Malachite.

Thanks,

Bob

_MementoMori_
05-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Bob, you're going to keep me in the poorhouse for the rest of my life if you keep producing such beautiful work. I've completed a wood set of yours and now I want a stone set!

johnmrson
05-11-2010, 10:40 PM
I love that Ever Ready brush Bob. Are you planning on selling them?

Eskimo
05-12-2010, 05:11 AM
I love that Ever Ready brush Bob. Are you planning on selling them?

If you are interested in that brush, please PM me with your knot preference and I will work up a price.

Thanks,

Bob

Eskimo
05-20-2010, 12:06 PM
I have just received a few of the "Money" blocks of US currency and will be building some new brushes from them. Below is a sample of a "Money" brush in a different shape than I've previously made. The knot is a 24mm Silvertip from TGN and the loft is set at 49mm to tighten up the hairs and give the knot a firmer feel.

If you are interested in this brush, or a "Money" brush in a different profile, PM me and I would be happy to build a brush to your specifications.

Thanks,

Bob

Eskimo
05-31-2010, 11:42 AM
I am please to announce that all of my custom pieces are on sale for Father's Day at a 15% discount.

It seems appropriate that I post pictures of the following piece on Memorial Day. This pen is made of 59 individual pieces of natural and dyed Maple to depict the American Flag. The reason I am posting this picture on a shaving site is that the gentleman who laser cuts these pieces has agreed to make me a few sets to build into razor handles. I can build these into long handled Merkur razors with either a slant bar, straight bar or open comb and I expect the price to be $95 for the finished item. If you would be interested in this special razor, PM me and I will set one aside for you. These are very labor intensive and I will only be building a limited number of the pieces.

These pictures show the completed piece that will form the handle of the razor, as well as the individual Maple pieces before assembly.

Thanks and have a great Memorial Day.

Bob

dougr
06-03-2010, 06:48 PM
Bob, I just visited your website and was very impressed.:thumbup:

Eskimo
06-05-2010, 08:07 PM
I have quite a few new items listed at Elite Razor, as well as new styles of existing pieces.

Below is a Mach 3 razor with a Bloody Basin Jasper handle. I have several other Mach 3 type razors with custom stone handles listed at www.eliterazor.com

This is a set made from Sodalite, a new stone for me and one that is very similar to Blue Lapis but with white flecks rather than Pyrite

This piece of Brown Mallee burl has had the voids filled with a wine red resin. The shape is the traditional vase shape.

One of my favorite materials to work with is Damascus Steel, as shown in the handle of the razor below.

This set is made from Mother of Pearl. A traditional material that really stands out when light plays over it.

These and many other new pieces are now available, and on sale through Father's Day, at www.eliterazor.com

Bob

Eskimo
06-17-2010, 11:17 AM
I have just completed the American Flag razor noted in a previous post. The pictures below show the completed piece comprised of 59 separate pieces of wood, as well as all the individual pieces before assembly.

I am only going to build 5 of these razors and have 4 left for sale at $95. If you are interested, please PM me.

Thanks,

Bob

scottb
06-17-2010, 11:53 AM
Wow, those are beautiful.

Eskimo
06-24-2010, 09:56 AM
I have recently added some new items to my website, such as the pieces shown below.

Please take a look at these and other items listed at www.eliterazor.com

This 22mm brush is made from Blue Lapis.

This modified replica of an Eveready 100T is made from Faux Ivory and genuine Water Buffalo horn.

The 38C shown below has a handle made from Ancient Kauri, the world's oldest workable wood at 50,000 years.

Not nearly as old as Ancient Kauri is Irish Bog Oak at 5,000 years.

Thanks to all for your interest in my work.

Bob

_MementoMori_
06-24-2010, 09:58 AM
Irish Bog Oak is hands-down one of the most gorgeous woods I've seen. I hope you never stop making pieces from it, Bob. I see a Bog Oak brush or a razor in my future.

Imperator
07-30-2010, 03:44 AM
I have owned my Cocobolo Wood / Faux Ivory brush by Elite Razor for about 4 months now. The workmanship on the handle is absolutely stunning.

HOWEVER, I have been disappointed by the hair loss from the brush. The knot is shedding an average of 3 or 4 hairs per shave, and is already looking less full than it did a couple of months ago. This is really annoying, as I had to pay quite a lot (including import taxes etc) to ship the brush to the UK.

Hex
07-30-2010, 07:27 AM
These are absolutely beautiful.
:thumbup1:

What a perfect gift idea.

Eskimo
08-05-2010, 12:37 PM
I have just completed the American Flag razor noted in a previous post. The pictures below show the completed piece comprised of 59 separate pieces of wood, as well as all the individual pieces before assembly.

I am only going to build 5 of these razors and have 4 left for sale at $95. If you are interested, please PM me.

Thanks,

Bob

Thanks to all of you who expressed an interest in this unique razor. All have been sold.

Bob

Eskimo
09-13-2010, 04:26 PM
I had the good fortune to snag some beautifully figured Ancient Kauri and build a matching brush and razor. This wood has been carbon dated at over 50,000 years old and comes with a Certificate of Authenticity. The brush is a 24mm Silvertip and the razor shown is a Merkur 34C, but the handle can be fitted with either an open-comb or slant, if you prefer.

This razor features a handle in the Mokume-Gane style of Japanese metal working which fuses contrasting metals into a single billet. This piece is made of Carbon and Gold. The razor is a Merkur 38C, but the handle can be fitted with either an open-comb or slant, if you prefer.

This 22mm brush handle is made of Carob wood and features a collar of Bloody Basin Jasper stone.

The 24mm brush shown below has a handle made from a beautiful piece of East Indian Rosewood with a Larimar stone collar.

This 24mm brush is made from Tourmaline-lace quartz.

Please PM if you are interested in any of these items. I have not listed any of these pieces and wanted to give you all first choice.

Thanks,

Bob

Loric
09-18-2010, 12:51 PM
WOW that is one hell of a razor. Bob you do beautiful and unique work.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=122977&d=1284415746

Veritas II
12-21-2010, 05:11 PM
This modified replica of an Eveready 100T is made from Faux Ivory and genuine Water Buffalo horn.
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=110324
This one is on its way to me! I've been eyeballing it since Bob first posted it, now it is mine.

Now for the waiting on USPS.....

buyer2317
01-26-2011, 03:40 AM
Do you have the matching brush to go along with it. I am very intrestead in purchasing a set.

buyer2317
01-26-2011, 03:41 AM
WOW that is one hell of a razor. Bob you do beautiful and unique work.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=122977&d=1284415746

Do you have a brush to go along with it. I am intrestead in purchasing the set.:thumbup:

buyer2317
02-19-2011, 10:54 PM
Hi, just checking in and seeing if any progress has been achieved.

Sluggo
02-20-2011, 08:19 AM
Hi, just checking in and seeing if any progress has been achieved.

You may want to email Bob directly. When I purchased from him that was the easiest way to reach him.

Eskimo
04-16-2011, 03:19 PM
I have just recently added some new items to my site.

The set shown below is made from Damascus Steel and features a 24mm Silvertip brush and a Merkur 34C

The 24mm Silvertip brush shown below is made from the "live" edge of a piece of Brown Mallee Burl with the voids filled with a contrasting resin.

A Merkur 34C with a Larimar handle.

Merkur 38C with an Imperial Jade handle.

Merkur 34C with a Bloody Basin Jasper handle.

Thanks for looking,

Bob

_MementoMori_
04-26-2011, 07:46 PM
Bob, that new Damascus set is flat-out jaw dropping. You've outdone yourself this time.

Eskimo
06-08-2011, 08:44 PM
I just finished a couple of custom sets for Father's Day.

The first is a new Damascus Steel set with a 24mm Silvertip brush and a Merkur 34C

The other is a set made from Bloody Basin Jasper with a 24mm brush and a Merkur 38C

Each set come completes with a shaving bowl, soap and 10 Merkur blades.

If you might be interested in either set, let me know and I will be glad to set it aside for you.

Thanks,

Bob Quinn
Elite Razor

Eskimo
06-13-2011, 05:44 PM
I was fortunate to get a bit of Python skin for the Merkur 34C shown below:

I also turned the Mach 3 handle shown below in black Onyx:

Thanks for looking,

Bob

Eskimo
07-09-2011, 03:37 PM
Shown below are a few new pieces I've just finished:

Maroon Pearl 38C

Mother of Pearl 38C

Azurite 34C

Malachite 38C

Thanks for taking a look,

Bob

nmerth
07-10-2011, 11:59 PM
I really really want a 39c in dark blue....royal blue or some mixture.........

TonyN
07-11-2011, 12:16 AM
Bob....that's some really beautiful work!

Eskimo
07-11-2011, 05:53 AM
I really really want a 39c in dark blue....royal blue or some mixture.........

I can fit this Blue Lapis handle with a 39C set-up. PM me if you might be interested.

Thanks, Bob