PDA

View Full Version : New Stuff from Musgo Real

guenron
12-03-2005, 07:27 AM
Just finished an e-mail chat with Charles (http://www.qedusa.com)and I was pleased to learn that Musgo Real has three new colognes to accompany their wonderful after shave:

The first is called "No. 1 Orange Amber" : mandarin orange, spicy bergamot and hints of amber and musk.
The second is called "No. 2 Oak Moss" : woodsy oak moss is combined with a hint of green leaves and freshly mown hay.
The third is called "No. 3 Spiced Citrus" : wood spices, coriander and verbena mixed with lime and other spices.

The after shave is now packaged in the same style as the colognes, i.e. this means it no longer comes in the handsome "cork" box.

robofunk
12-03-2005, 09:12 AM
i saw those and got excited! i'm a huge fan of their traditional aftershave (scent-wise as well as performance) and am eager to get a sniff of these, especially 1 and 3.

as for no. 2, moss and hay sounds kind of strange. they should complement the cologne with a 'dirt and gravel' aftershave.

guenron
12-14-2005, 08:56 AM
Greetings Gents,
Today I tried a sample of "No. 1 Orange Amber."
Really very exciting. The top notes came on REALLY STRONG!:w00t: I thought I just fell into a bin full of mandarin, navel, valencia, and blood oranges! What a wild ride to dry-down! The heart and base notes are really very warm with the amber and musk coming into their own and blending with the bergmot. Even though not advertised, I could have sworn I got a taste of neroli in there somewhere. :001_tt1:

Scotto
12-14-2005, 09:45 AM
Greetings Gents,
Today I tried a sample of "No. 1 Orange Amber."
Really very exciting. The top notes came on REALLY STRONG!:w00t: I thought I just fell into a bin full of mandarin, navel, valencia, and blood oranges! What a wild ride to dry-down! The heart and base notes are really very warm with the amber and musk coming into their own and blending with the bergmot. Even though not advertised, I could have sworn I got a taste of neroli in there somewhere. :001_tt1:
Sounds like you need to pick up a Wild Orange shave stick to get the layering right, Ron....:cool:

guenron
12-14-2005, 10:05 AM
Sounds like you need to pick up a Wild Orange shave stick to get the layering right, Ron....:cool:
Not to worry, that's in the pending shipment box at QED..:wink1:

joel
12-14-2005, 10:07 AM
Ron..... you are the Hugh Heffner of the shaving world :wink:

guenron
12-15-2005, 07:06 AM
Day two and fragrance two. Today was "No. 2 Oak Moss." What a really pleasant scent. The high notes are unmistakably the sweet fragrance of freshly mown hay near the end of the summer! After a bit of dry down, the woodsy oak moss and herben fragrance of green leaves provides an interesting, almost fougierre-like fragrance. Very, very pleasant. A SWMBO turn-on:tongue_sm !

guenron
12-17-2005, 10:11 AM
Day three and something really different! At first the top notes evoked candied apples or cotton candy. After the dry-down No. 3 Spiced Citrus comes on with some wild woodsy scents with coriander coming through for a really pleasant winter fragrance.
Now, which to buy?

Scotto
12-17-2005, 10:56 AM
Day three and something really different! At first the top notes evoked candied apples or cotton candy. After the dry-down No. 3 Spiced Citrus comes on with some wild woodsy scents with coriander coming through for a really pleasant winter fragrance.
Now, which to buy?
Oh, come on. You know the answer to that....:001_tt1:

water
12-22-2005, 06:45 PM
Are these available from QED? Price?

guenron
12-22-2005, 08:50 PM
Are these available from QED? Price?
Greetings Water! Yes and $29.50 if I recall.

Darkwolf
12-28-2005, 11:17 AM
I believe ClassicShaving has them as well. Take your pick.

HlSheppard
01-06-2006, 03:26 PM
Charles at QED packed a "scent strip" of the Musgo #2 in my latest order. I must say that I LOVE the scent. Can any of you gents who've tried this cologne give any input as to it's staying power?

guenron
01-06-2006, 05:15 PM
Charles at QED packed a "scent strip" of the Musgo #2 in my latest order. I must say that I LOVE the scent. Can any of you gents who've tried this cologne give any input as to it's staying power?
Yes, on my hairy arms and chest from 6:30AM till about 5:00PM.. About one or two hours less on none hirsute loci!:scared: (Seeing a doc about loci relief:glare: )

HlSheppard
01-06-2006, 05:32 PM
GREAT - now I have to get the idea of your hairy arms and chest out of my head!!!

What is this? Brokeback Mountain?!?! :yikes: :prrr:

Scotto
01-06-2006, 06:18 PM
I got a sample of it, and am planning on wearing it tomorrow. It smells the best of the three, IMO.

Edit: Ron's hairy arms.... Must. get. thought. out. of. head....:18:

guenron
01-06-2006, 08:09 PM
I find that I get two or three hours more scent on the (Political commentary off) bushy areas.. So ride that cowboy.:a24:

mark the shoeshine boy
01-06-2006, 08:17 PM
:shocked:

Rik
01-06-2006, 08:46 PM
:blink:

Austin
01-06-2006, 09:44 PM
:eek:

HlSheppard
01-07-2006, 05:54 AM
:o15: Ron - you're sure it's OAK moss, we're talking about here, right??

guenron
01-07-2006, 06:01 AM
GREAT - now I have to get the idea of your hairy arms and chest out of my head!!!

What is this? Brokeback Mountain?!?! :yikes: :prrr:
Where the men are questionable and the sheep are not as scared???

HlSheppard
01-07-2006, 06:11 AM
But they all REEK of class!

guenron
01-07-2006, 06:12 AM
But they all REEK of class!
Low but class...
On a more reasonable note, the Oak Moss is probably my favorite of the three. No, now I am not sure again..

HlSheppard
01-07-2006, 06:26 AM
I find I keep smelling the sample Charles sent (scent?) over and over.

My problem is I have to start selling/trading to make room!

djr7572
01-30-2006, 07:26 PM
I find that I get two or three hours more scent on the (Political commentary off) bushy areas.. So ride that cowboy.:a24:

So Ron, is the oak moss still your favorite of the 3 new Musgo Real scents?

Has anyone else on here given these a go yet?

guenron
01-30-2006, 07:49 PM
So Ron, is the oak moss still your favorite of the 3 new Musgo Real scents?

Has anyone else on here given these a go yet?
I know this doesn't help, but on any given day the one I am wearing is my favorite. At first I thought #2 was my favorite and #3 my least with #1 coming in a very close to first runnerup. Then I wore #3 for a day or two and moved #2 to second and #1 to third, but then I wore #1 and moved it to first.. And you think Hamlet had problems.. Well the best part is I have all three and would not have it any other way. These are great fragrances, fresh, vital, and classy. You are not going to run into them everywhere because not every Tom, Dick, and Harry has them! What also is great is that you can have all three for well under a $100 including shipping.. It doesn't get much better than that..

djr7572
01-30-2006, 07:56 PM
I know this doesn't help, but on any given day the one I am wearing is my favorite. At first I thought #2 was my favorite and #3 my least with #1 coming in a very close to first runnerup. Then I wore #3 for a day or two and moved #2 to second and #1 to third, but then I wore #1 and moved it to first.. And you think Hamlet had problems.. Well the best part is I have all three and would not have it any other way. These are great fragrances, fresh, vital, and classy. You are not going to run into them everywhere because not every Tom, Dick, and Harry has them! What also is great is that you can have all three for well under a $100 including shipping.. It doesn't get much better than that..

How's the #1 ?? The orange "theme" of it definately sounds intriguing. Do you find the orange notes to be dominating or more "complimentary" to the overall fragrance? Which one does the wife like the best? I guess that would be an important factor as well ... :smile:

guenron
01-30-2006, 08:07 PM
As to #1, I suggest that you read this. (http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showpost.php?p=9831&postcount=3) SWMBO likes them all, but still reacts most POSITIVELY to the Oak Moss (#2). I don't know if it's the freshly mown hay or the combination of fragrances.

rtaylor61
01-30-2006, 08:09 PM

So...who's on first?

Randy

Scotto
01-31-2006, 07:04 AM
I have tried all three, and I think #2 is the best of the lot. Really nice scent. #1 is too close to Floris JF, which I already own, and #3 is kind of weird - very sweet.

djr7572
01-31-2006, 11:36 AM
I have tried all three, and I think #2 is the best of the lot. Really nice scent. #1 is too close to Floris JF, which I already own, and #3 is kind of weird - very sweet.

Scotto, can you compare #2 to anything else out there? Or is it totally unique .. ?

Scotto
01-31-2006, 11:48 AM
It is its own thang. Sweet hay, grass, etc. Perhaps like a Vetiver scent that doesn't have that dryness they are often associated with.

djr7572
01-31-2006, 12:52 PM
I just ordered #2. Sounds like a very nice scent ... :smile:

djr7572
02-02-2006, 04:10 PM
Just received my bottle of #2 (Oak Moss). It's definately unique. Very fresh in a unique way. I'm really undecided on this one ... I need to try it for a couple of days. Kinda grassy, very "outdoors-fresh" but in an odd sorta way :confused1

The #1 (Orange Amber) has me really curious too. The only way to try these is to buy them ... fortunately it's a little less painful at $30/bottle vs. trying something blind from Trumpers at $65/bottle.

- Dave

Scotto
02-02-2006, 06:31 PM
If you don't like it, I am sure someone here would take it, like a very humble moderator.... :rolleyes5

djr7572
02-02-2006, 07:13 PM
If you don't like it, I am sure someone here would take it, like a very humble moderator.... :rolleyes5

Scotto, give me a few days and I'll let you know. It's a little early yet ... but I'll definately hit you up if I end up not liking it (which is likely, but I'm going to give it a chance).

:wink: