PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Florida Water!

bythbook
05-02-2009, 09:32 AM
while waiting for my $400 driver's side power window repair... I stepped across the street to an Asian Food Market - to look for shaving stuff, of course... and found this!

http://i491.photobucket.com/albums/rr274/bythbook/chinesefloridawater2.jpg?t=1241278227

http://i491.photobucket.com/albums/rr274/bythbook/chinesefloridawater1.jpg?t=1241278276

The Liushen is menthol-y; the Butterfly is more traditional citrus.

About $4.50 for the one, $3.50 for the other. A bargain!

Gruder
05-02-2009, 09:33 AM
Fun! Thanks for sharing the pic!

urr-lord
05-02-2009, 09:36 AM
WOW.damn now i'm going to have more f.w. varieties to acquire,thanks a lot.

htownmmm
05-02-2009, 09:58 AM
WOW.damn now i'm going to have more f.w. varieties to acquire,thanks a lot.

Now we can add FWAD to the list-although technically, it would fall under a/s.

marty

Robxcarlson
05-02-2009, 11:18 AM
I remember seeing Asian Florida Water on eBay... although it didn't look like either of these... there's probably a lot more of this stuff out there.

ClubmanRob
05-02-2009, 12:32 PM
Off the top of my head, there's probably at least thirty different manufacturers of Florida Water out there operating today.

The Knize
05-18-2009, 12:32 AM
I finally managed to get ahold of some of the Butterfly brand Chinese Florida Water. (Have had the Liushen for a while now and liking it more all the time!)

The Butterfly FW does not smell all that close to the Murray and Lanman version, which I truly enjoy, but it has its charms. I do not get nearly so much citrus from it as I get floral, particularly on dry down. Not much staying power. Very soothing. A little burn.

Good stuff. I am thinking that all those folks that do not like the Clubman Lilac Vegetal (I happen to love that one, too) might like this one. Much more a pure flowery fragrance from the initial application to my sense of smell.

SRock
05-18-2009, 04:21 AM
Very affordable find! Much cheaper than that window.

The Knize
05-18-2009, 09:37 PM
Well, I am a few days in with this Butterfly Florida Water, and I have to say it seems pretty insipid. No staying power whatsoever and the is really bland, what there is of it.

3 down, 27 to go.

masonjarjar
02-02-2010, 08:56 AM
I finally managed to get ahold of some of the Butterfly brand Chinese Florida Water. (Have had the Liushen for a while now and liking it more all the time!)

The Butterfly FW does not smell all that close to the Murray and Lanman version, which I truly enjoy, but it has its charms. I do not get nearly so much citrus from it as I get floral, particularly on dry down. Not much staying power. Very soothing. A little burn.

Good stuff. I am thinking that all those folks that do not like the Clubman Lilac Vegetal (I happen to love that one, too) might like this one. Much more a pure flowery fragrance from the initial application to my sense of smell.

I was able to sample the BUTTERFLY brand at a local chinese store.. to me it was like liquid baby powder.. but I liked it enough after about a half hour on my wrist that I might go back and get it some day..